5.0 out of 5 stars Very Enjoyable
I was almost put off buying this because of some of the other reviews . I'm glad I wasn't as this like all the other River cottage DVD I've watched is thoroughly enjoyable.
Published on 21 Nov 2011 by E2C

2.0 out of 5 stars Something new maybe?
Published on 25 Oct 2011 by Mr. Michal Jurzysta

2.0 out of 5 stars Something new maybe?, 25 Oct 2011
Mr. Michal Jurzysta "Maniac" (Dublin, Ireland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: River Cottage: Winter's On the Way [DVD] (DVD)
If you have seen most of RC DVD's, don't expect a lot of new elements in this series. Most parts of this DVD are a collection of winter recipes and pieces of episodes already included in the previous releases. I love River Cottage, but this time I feel like being ripped off, as I have most of the parts of this DVD on the ones I bought in previous series of Hugh's releases. Pretty disappointing when it comes to content, but worth a a view if you're not too familiar with RC filmography.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Enjoyable, 21 Nov 2011
E2C (Australia) - See all my reviews

1.0 out of 5 stars Hugh is great but the DVD is a disaster!, 18 Oct 2011
The Penguin "JH" (Great Britain) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
This review is from: River Cottage: Winter's On the Way [DVD] (DVD)
This disk arrived festooned on the back cover with the logos of Macrovision.

Macrovision? - are they some small scale west country food producer you ask? - No, they provide "anti-piracy" "solutions" to DVD creators.

What is the net result of this great collaboration

(a) The disk's audio is all over the place making it unwatchable on my new Sony Blu-Ray player
(b) I cannot make a perfectly legal back-up copy of the disk to watch on my iPod.

So, great series and I'm a big fan of the man, but until producers realise that anti-piracy measures don't prevent piracy (as hard core pirates will always circumvent the technology) and just irritate their customers.

One disk on it's way back to Amazon, and one River Cottage disciple very unhappy indeed!

5.0 out of 5 stars FOOD, 30 Jun 2012
This review is from: River Cottage: Winter's On the Way [DVD] (DVD)
BRILLAINT, TOTALLY LOVE THIS ITEM, GOT ME BACK TO MY ROOTS. ALL I NEED NOW IS A HOUSE AND LAND AND I'M COMPLETE WITH MY MINI FARM

5.0 out of 5 stars had everything I required. Prompt service and would order again., 28 Jun 2014
This review is from: River Cottage: Winter's On the Way [DVD] (DVD)
Really enjoy watching the programme in Australia even if we are unable to get some of the ingredients used ie: rabbits!

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent as always, 25 Jan 2014
C. E. Francis - See all my reviews
This review is from: River Cottage: Winter's On the Way [DVD] (DVD)
I am a fan of River Cottage and now have almost every DVD. This is great, one to watch on a winter's evening with rain lashing down on the window and a nice mug of tea. Some great recipes as usual and lovely views of Dorset and Devon.

5.0 out of 5 stars very good, 19 Sep 2013
This review is from: River Cottage: Winter's On the Way [DVD] (DVD)
if you like hugh and follow what he does you wont have no prob with this bit he does put things in this from other shows

5.0 out of 5 stars OK, but not like the first three, 15 Nov 2011
Steven W. Page (Germany) - See all my reviews
This review is from: River Cottage: Winter's On the Way [DVD] (DVD)
As a long time river cottage fan the latest series is somewhat of a disappointment. There seems to be less of how to and more of self promotion. That said, I still enjoyed watching this but if you haven't seen the first three seasons that is what to buy.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great, with a little bit of de ja vu, 13 Nov 2011
This review is from: River Cottage: Winter's On the Way [DVD] (DVD)
I love the River Cottage DVD's and this one was another one that fit the bill. I did feel there were a couple of bits in there that I had seen before... maybe it was my imagination. Either way I really enjoyed it and am glad to have it on my shelf with the other dvd's in the collection.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love this, 3 Aug 2014
This review is from: River Cottage: Winter's On the Way [DVD] (DVD)
love river cottage. Love the way they move with the seasons. And always with at touch of humor

River Cottage: Winter's On the Way [DVD]
River Cottage: Winter's On the Way [DVD] by Hugh Fearnley-Whittingstall (DVD - 2011)