5.0 out of 5 stars Fresh Feat
At last a fresh comedy - and that's quite a feat these days. At first I thought it was a little weak until half through the second episode I realised this is comedy drama with the emphasis on drama. Once you forget about the comedy then you can enjoy a rather subtle and at times deep look at student life. I was particularly drawn to Fresh Meat as both my children are at...
Published 22 months ago by nickyb

2.0 out of 5 stars Rotten meat.
I'd never seen this before, but quite like Peep Show; this is by the 'same team'. Whenever someone writes 'by the same team', you know that it's because the thing won't stand on its own merit, and, for me, that's a truism that holds here. Robert Webb (who plays Jeremy, or Jez, in Peep Show makes an appearance as a geology teacher, and one of the characters, Vod, a...
Published 24 days ago by Winterpants

5.0 out of 5 stars Fresh meat, 19 Feb 2013
This review is from: Fresh Meat - Series 1 [DVD] (DVD)
Despite being a gift I had already seen the series...... which I loved. Mabye a select sence of humor or may take a while to get to like it. Arrived quick too.

5.0 out of 5 stars The funniest programme on the box...., 8 Feb 2013
This review is from: Fresh Meat - Series 1 [DVD] (DVD)
It is a little 'out there' for some and I no a lot of people find Jack Whitehall hard work (I did prior to watching this but now love him!) but i highly reccommend this series. Funny and compelling. Possibly not for the prudes but brilliantly written and acted throughout!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Series, 7 Feb 2013
Miss Davies - See all my reviews
Soo funny!

Me and my boyfriend watched all of this in one night.

Endless laughter...waiting for the next series now.

Loved it!

3.0 out of 5 stars Good, but they've done better, 26 April 2013
Ian Watters "lovingboth" (Great Britain) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Fresh Meat - Series 1 [DVD] (DVD)
Somehow I missed this when it was first broadcast - was C4's publicity not up to scratch? Anyway, this has proved a good opportunity to see the whole first series. And it's good: all the characters are well-played, and each episode is fine, with lots of details spot on.

But but but.. so much of it is a reminder that most of them have done better work. Having a Robert Webb cameo is an unmissable reminder that Sam Bain and Jesse Armstrong's Peep Show is a mile above this. Maybe it's the move to a hour long show rather than a half hour one (or in commercial TV terms, about 48 minutes vs 24) because their Magicians feature film for Mitchell and Webb was middling too.

Similarly, Joe Thomas is basically reprising his 'very cute but rather inept' character from The Inbetweeners and, unlike almost every episode of that, I was never at risk of wetting myself laughing here. And, being late to the party, I saw this after seeing Tony Gardner being better in Bluestone 42 (and before that, My Parents are Aliens and as half of Struck Off And Die).

So I'm looking forward to seeing series two (which I also missed on TV) but I'm also hoping it lives up to the talent of those involved, rather than being their second best work.

4.0 out of 5 stars Can't wait!, 3 Dec 2011
T Throup - See all my reviews
This review is from: Fresh Meat - Series 1 [DVD] (DVD)
This series, having recently ended, was brilliant. It seems nothing has been done quite like this before, the university setting feels new and exciting and the characters (especially that of Jack Whitehall) are very funny and relatively deep.
The feeling of Jesse Armstrong and Sam Bain, with moments of severe awkwardness that really makes a good comedy (eg. The Office) making it particularly reminiscent of Peep Show.

Seeing as this DVD hasn't been released yet I can't comment on the extras, but if they're anything like other Channel 4 DVDs I'm sure they'll be of plenty and very funny.

Although possibly not up there with comedies like Peep Show or The Inbetweeners, this really is "fresh", it's nice to see Channel 4 keep making gems like this and Friday Night Dinner. I, personally, am really looking forward to it's release.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 10 Nov 2012
This review is from: Fresh Meat - Series 1 [DVD] (DVD)
A wonderfully funny show. One of the best sitcoms in recent years. Many compare it to the Inbetweeners, but I find it to be a different type of comedy.

4.0 out of 5 stars A really enjoyable first season- bring on Series 2, 6 Jan 2012
This review is from: Fresh Meat - Series 1 [DVD] (DVD)
Fresh Meat is really funny. There isn't a terrible lot else to say. Set in shared University house, the series maps out the relationships and hectic social lives of the 4 housemates. It is really enjoyable, without feeling laboured. I really Channel 4 commission a second season.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fresh Meat 1, 26 Aug 2014
This review is from: Fresh Meat - Series 1 [DVD] (DVD)
Got the complete series now!

1.0 out of 5 stars Unfunny, cliched, terrible acting, boring, 15 Mar 2014
This review is from: Fresh Meat - Series 1 [DVD] (DVD)
I love Jack Whitehall, I loved The Inbetweeners and I love Joe Brown. So why does this series suck so badly? Probably because the writing is dreadful and the characters are so overplayed that they are caricatures. There is not a moment when someone isn't chewing the scenery or having an attack of the vapours. Very, very disappointed.

5.0 out of 5 stars Scarily real!, 19 Feb 2013
This review is from: Fresh Meat - Series 1 [DVD] (DVD)
This series (and the second one) made my son (aged 17) and myself laugh ourselves silly! On the one hand it reminded me of my youth and the people I've met over the years in various flat-shares etc, and on the other hand I HOPE it prepares my son somewhat for the next steps in his life. I think Zawe Ashton is absolutely fantastic in this part and a huge talent we will see much more of, but also all the other characters are beautifully written and played.

Fresh Meat - Series 1 [DVD]
Fresh Meat - Series 1 [DVD] by David Kerr (DVD - 2012)