on 23 February 2013
This umbrella is the one I chose after a long internet search for just the right one. The strap makes it convenient to carry, and the rubber stopper on the end means you can stand it up on the floor of a bus or train when it's wet without getting it dirty.

The style is good, and it's sturdy and easy to open. It's large enough to keep you and your things dry, but not so large that it interferes with others walking or gets too caught by strong winds.

When you're using the umbrella, there's no place to re-fasten the strap, so you just have to hold the strap in your hand. This is a design flaw to be sure, but I don't feel it's worth docking a star.
on 10 September 2012
Been looking for a new umbrella for a while after my 'indestructable windproof' umbrella that I had snapped. All the metal spokes in the middle came away. This one is lovely, would have preferred a smaller one, but then I guess it loses strength. Covers well when raining, and quite sturdy on the rainy days I've had so far
on 8 November 2012
Seems to be well made. Worked, easy to open and close. The sling is very good when carrying. Would recommend to a friend.
on 16 July 2012
Green stripes on the ribs make this a very fashionable accessory, good material, seems strong enough. It opens automatically and it is easy to fold. I thought it was a folding umbrella, it is not; it is not a disadvantage since it has a very handy shoulder strap.
The packaging, however,was a disappointment. The box was so huge that when it arrived I thought Amazon had sent me a fridge instead.
on 29 March 2014
I got this on the amazon sale and when it arrived it looked great and seem really good quality for the price.
At first I didn't like the strap at the bottom of the umbrella however when I did take it out for use it was actually very useful and can be used to wear round your shoulders. The only thing I'd say which could be better on this umbrella is handle grip. Its just too thin for my liking and doesn't feel comfortable when you have to hold on for ages and I don't even have big hands!

Overall its great and its even survived in really windy wet conditions and seems like brand new after having it for months. Would recomend if you can get it for a good price.
on 22 November 2013
Bought this umbrella fairly recently (two weeks ago) and only used it once. Either when it arrived one of the capsules (at the end of the umbrella's skeleton) was already missing or it broke away fairly easily. The second time I opened the umbrella one side was bare and out of its place. These things happen to umbrellas I know, but it's a pity if you've paid £20 for it and only used it once. I bought Fulton after having read all around that it was a reliable company. Overall, I'm not too happy with this purchase. We also bought their Knightsbridge style at around the same time. That seems to be fine so far.
I wanted a nice umbrella for my wife, we have purchased loads of the cheap ones which have been fine but have found they discolour, are hard to put up and the spikes rip the material after using them a few times.

The Fulton Slinger 1 is light weight and really well made, It has a small button to open it and glides open, and is easy to close.

It looks great, my wife had the pink finished one. The carry sling is an excellent addition, saves carry it as a stick you can put it over your shoulder.

Very pleased with an excellent made umbrella
on 1 March 2014
Purchased this item in December (for under £10 during Black Friday deals week) as I needed an umbrella for my daily mile long walk to work. Came in very useful come January and the horrendous period of unbroken rainfall. Responds fairly well to wind, only turned inside out a few times in particularly gusty conditions, and very easy to return to original state. Would recommend, although not sure if worth the full £20.
on 5 February 2014
This brolly is sturdily built, looks nice and has a handy automatic opening function. Only two issues with it - the shoulder strap is handy when carrying, and less handy when using the umbrella. And finally, there does not seem to be any way to 'lock' the umbrella open. In very strong winds this can cause it to blow shut (which I suppose is better than blowing inside out!). But overall, well worth the price.
on 13 December 2013
This is a sturdy umbrella, with an efficient opening mechanism. And as I got it in Black Friday sale, an excellent price at £7.99. But agree with other reviewer about the strap, it does get in the way. Unfortunately a bit too large to put in a bag to carry.