4.0 out of 5 stars The end of an era...
I've grown up with Westlife songs and love them all, so I just had to get this when I noticed it was available to pre-order.

First of all I love the packaging. It's like a little book with the cd's and dvd forming one of the pages. It's very original.

Published on 22 Nov. 2011 by The Little Bookworm

3.0 out of 5 stars Shame the two disc set was a limited edition
Published on 1 Dec. 2011 by Mr. R. G. Prizeman

4.0 out of 5 stars The end of an era..., 22 Nov. 2011
The Little Bookworm "The little bookworm" (North Yorkshire, England) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
This review is from: Greatest Hits (2CD+DVD) (Audio CD)

This has all the classics on that you would expect plus a few new songs (such as Lighthouse.) I don't think there are any songs that I'm sad are not on there.

I chose this version of the greatest hits because I felt the other version didn't have all the songs I would have liked. The dvd is a great extra but I wouldn't have been bothered about it if the other cd had just had a few more songs on. As I type this I notice that this cd isn't available through Amazon anymore, which is a shame, but I noticed it was limited edition when I ordered my copy.

A great CD which I'm sure will be listened to over and over again.

5.0 out of 5 stars 'A GREAT ALBUM OF MEMORIES OF THIS SUCCESSFUL ACT', 29 Sept. 2014
rbmusicman (U.K) - See all my reviews
(TOP 50 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Greatest Hits (Audio CD)
One of the U.K's most successful chart toppers, in fact only 'Elvis' and 'The Beatles' have had more, they are equal 3rd with 'Cliff'
No other artist in the charts history have had their first seven titles at the top of the tree.....sadly one of the UK's most successful acts in terms of chart success have gone their separate ways.
This album includes eleven of their fourteen number 1's, if i had to choose a favourite I guess my choice would be predictable....'Fying Without Wings' ---closely followed by 'You Raise Me Up'
The song 'Mandy' is often referred to as a cover of the 'Barry Manilow' classic, however the song was originally written and recorded by 'Scott English' and was called 'Brandy' ( love that version ) I suspect 'Scott' earned a bucket full of royalty cash from both 'Westlife's' and 'Barry Manilow's success with the number.
This is a great reflection of the groups achievement's, however, wish i'd bought the 2-CD plus DVD version at the time as it includes the missing number 1's along with many other memorable tracks.
Nevertheless this is a great purchase,but....the collection mentioned must be a better option if it can still be bought...

3.0 out of 5 stars Shame the two disc set was a limited edition, 1 Dec. 2011
Mr. R. G. Prizeman "Dickie 1" (croydon UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Greatest Hits (Audio CD)
First of all I believe Westlife were a group who can sing and have had a great carrier of 14 number ones, its just a shame that this is just not the best farewell to the group that sold millions. I was lucky enough to get the two disc set with the DVD of all the hits when it was out, and is far better value than this set. Really this disc only has nine songs not on the original Greatest hits and considering they have released six album since the last million selling hits collection, they could have issued a Greatest hits two not duplicating any tracks from the first best off, and as the first was called volume one then this would have been a great chance for volume two, and then make the limited edition the previous tracks that were available. Of the knew tracks Gary Barlow has given them lighthouse a good tune, and fitting to a group coming to the end of there carrier. All and all I am a bit unsure who this collection is amid at, as the casual fan will have volume one, and the fan would want the two disc version with the DVD. On the plus side the songs are great and we do know then very well yes Flying without wings, the wonderful cover of i have a dream. My real disappointment is the CD has been compressed to buggery and is so distorted at times its ridiculous, this seems to be typical of modern pop CD's,Westlife have great voices always and its sad CD's realsed in the 80's sound a lot better and this is just getting ridiculous I hate the MP3 world its all so distorted and loud, don't these people realise we have volume knobs? The rating is for the duplicate selection and awful mastering.

5.0 out of 5 stars YOU WILL BE MISSED!, 12 May 2013
This review is from: Greatest Hits (2CD+DVD) (Audio CD)
WESTLIFE were one of the greatest bands of our time, alongside OASIS. This collection brings together all of their greatest hits, and most of their best songs. There are some really good ones missing like "Catch My Breath", "Already There" and "Something Right", which was slightly disappointing, but you get most of the good ones. Get the deluxe edition though, because you get an extra CD with lots of their best songs on and an exclusive DVD which is the video versions of the songs.

This is really a MUST buy for any WESTLIFE fan, how could you not? You might own some of these already on other varying CD's, but this is a special collection. It is presented in a book-like format, with top quality images on each page, along with slots for the discs as well as information about each of the songs. I like the design, get this to complete your collection. Listening to most of the best ones on two CD's is a bargain, considering they will never be coming back. This is a collection of songs that I will never get bored of or forget and I have already listened to each song more than twenty times over. This is really a brilliant release, I can't wait for TAKE THAT's greatest hits when they finish.

WESTLIFE will always be in our minds, and we will find it hard to get their tunes out of our heads. "SAFE", "RAISE ME UP", "FLYING WITHOUT WINGS" and "WHAT ABOUT NOW" are my personal favourites, but I love them all. I can't get enough of it, please buy this. WESTLIFE are still known globally, and even though they have finished, they will always be in our hearts...

4.0 out of 5 stars Cheaper than I tunes, 26 Dec. 2011
This review is from: Greatest Hits (MP3 Download)
This collection of Westlife's greatest hits needs no review because if you loke Westlife then this
CD will give you all the biggests hits for this group. The best point of this purchase is that the cost on Amazon was cheaper than I-Tunes. As my music collection is on an I-Pod I was concerned about downloading from a source other than I-Tunes, I need not have worried the process was simple and quick and I was guided every step of the way be excellent instructions from Amazon.

3.0 out of 5 stars Ok concept,really bad presentation., 8 Jan. 2012
DJ Control (Australia) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Greatest Hits (2CD+DVD) (Audio CD)
This title is not to be confused with the previously released "Unbreakable: The Greatest Hits".
Let's face it,any Westlife fan would already own most of the tracks on the single disc edition of "Greatest Hits" bar the four new songs,two of which are mediocre at best. So what's in this three disc set to make you buy lots of songs you already own again?? Not much. The attraction for me was the dvd,collecting all the music videos together which is a much better career defining collection than the audio discs,but,as is the case with most Sony Music bonus discs,the quality varies from one clip to the next. I'll try to explain.

Essentially what you have here is "Westlife - the Greatest Hits [DVD]" with the videos released since that collection added on to the end. That first video collection was released in 4:3 picture aspect ratio so if you have one of the newer widescreen televisions,these clips all appear for the most part as a rectangle in the middle of the screen which will need to be zoomed up if your set has that function. Some promos are shot in full screen 4:3 so for these you will need to zoom your tv down to avoid clipping the top and edges of the picture. When we get to "Mandy" this video is correctly displayed in widescreen then everything drops down to 4:3 again before reverting to widescreen again for "Amazing" then back to 4:3 again for "The Rose" after which all the newer videos are in widescreen. Confused?? your tv will be! If you're watching this dvd on an older square shaped tv,or computer you won't have any problems but,most of us have upgraded our sets to watch our movies and music/concerts in widescreen. The sound for the majority of the clips is ok but only in two channel stereo not 5.1 surround like the "Chapter One" dvd. Whoever put this dvd together either didn't know what they were doing,had no budget or should take a video editing course.

The book style package itself is also pretty thoughtless. My discs are ALL scratched from the tight card sleeve pages inside the book where they are stored. As some other reviewers have also pointed out,what was wrong with calling it Greatest Hits Chapter Two and releasing a proper cd & dvd focused on the music since "Unbreakable" instead of rehashing the first half of their career again. I hope the dvd gets remastered and re-released but I'm not holding my breath. Westlife have given me many happy moments over the last decade and a bit,they deserve a much better send off than this.

4.0 out of 5 stars Bought CD Only (not DVD Pack) - Great Value., 22 Jun. 2012
This review is from: Greatest Hits (Audio CD)
Being a 'bit of an oldie' this was only my (our) third Westlife CD purchase. (Just the CD - not the full CD/DVD Set.) And yes, there are a number of repeat tracks, already on many and various previously released CD's. However, with a Title like 'Greatest Hits' (2011) what do you expect?! Tracks like 'Flying Without Wings, Queen of My Heart, You Raise Me Up and Home are brilliant. Plus a selection of other Hits and a couple of 'Covers' which Westlife sing without 'destroying the original' version(s)yet still making them their own. There are also a couple 'lesser knowns' which I (we) usually find grow on us over time. All in all - a good value 'Greatest Hits' CD.

5.0 out of 5 stars westlife Greatest Hits, 30 Dec. 2013
This review is from: Greatest Hits (Audio CD)
First of all it is a great shame that westlife have split up. Everyone just loved listening to their songs. Thanks to Westlife all the fans have their greatest hits to listen too. I bought this from Amazon for my partner for christmas. I hope one day Westlife will back again some time in the future and make more albums. If Westlife do not return in the future I am sure all the fans are with me to wish westlife all the best for the future in what ever path they decide to take. I higly recommend this great album. Review from ireadnovels.wordpress.com

3.0 out of 5 stars Beware of new stock!!!, 3 April 2012
This review is from: Greatest Hits (2CD+DVD) (Audio CD)
The original of this release has manufactured as hardcover picture book. After it ran out of stock Amazon has fulfilled new stock with ordinary big box version. It consist of 2 normal jewel boxes joint with big core and it has 4 discs holder (while 3 discs in the box.) This new box comes with different barcode number (886919032727) I'm not sure that this was imported form Asia but it has same barcode and also ifpi number on the disc with Hongkong version that I alraedy own it.

5.0 out of 5 stars westlifer forever, 17 Feb. 2012
Y. J. Freeman (west midlands) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Greatest Hits (2CD+DVD) (Audio CD)
I have always loved westlife and had this cd/dvd preordered from day one. I felt a bit shortchanged as it is just a release of past hits[which i love] but it would be nice if the last album of greatest hits was recorded with just Shane,Mark, nicky and Kian. Their vocals have matured as they grew older and they have been a four piece band for a number of years now.However on saying that i am gutted they are splitting up. I live in hope they may come back in a few years.

Greatest Hits
Greatest Hits by Westlife (Audio CD - 2011)