4.0 out of 5 stars The end of an era...
I've grown up with Westlife songs and love them all, so I just had to get this when I noticed it was available to pre-order.

First of all I love the packaging. It's like a little book with the cd's and dvd forming one of the pages. It's very original.

Published on 22 Nov 2011 by C. Rucroft

3.0 out of 5 stars Shame the two disc set was a limited edition
Published on 1 Dec 2011 by Mr. R. G. Prizeman

4.0 out of 5 stars The end of an era..., 22 Nov 2011
C. Rucroft "The little bookworm" (North Yorkshire, England) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
This review is from: Greatest Hits (2CD+DVD) (Audio CD)

This has all the classics on that you would expect plus a few new songs (such as Lighthouse.) I don't think there are any songs that I'm sad are not on there.

I chose this version of the greatest hits because I felt the other version didn't have all the songs I would have liked. The dvd is a great extra but I wouldn't have been bothered about it if the other cd had just had a few more songs on. As I type this I notice that this cd isn't available through Amazon anymore, which is a shame, but I noticed it was limited edition when I ordered my copy.

A great CD which I'm sure will be listened to over and over again.

5.0 out of 5 stars 'A GREAT ALBUM OF MEMORIES OF THIS SUCCESSFUL ACT', 29 Sep 2014
rbmusicman (U.K) - See all my reviews
(TOP 100 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Greatest Hits (Audio CD)
One of the U.K's most successful chart toppers, in fact only 'Elvis' and 'The Beatles' have had more, they are equal 3rd with 'Cliff'
No other artist in the charts history have had their first seven titles at the top of the tree.....sadly one of the UK's most successful acts in terms of chart success have gone their separate ways.
This album includes eleven of their fourteen number 1's, if i had to choose a favourite I guess my choice would be predictable....'Fying Without Wings' ---closely followed by 'You Raise Me Up'
The song 'Mandy' is often referred to as a cover of the 'Barry Manilow' classic, however the song was originally written and recorded by 'Scott English' and was called 'Brandy' ( love that version ) I suspect 'Scott' earned a bucket full of royalty cash from both 'Westlife's' and 'Barry Manilow's success with the number.
This is a great reflection of the groups achievement's, however, wish i'd bought the 2-CD plus DVD version at the time as it includes the missing number 1's along with many other memorable tracks.
Nevertheless this is a great purchase,but....the collection mentioned must be a better option if it can still be bought...

3.0 out of 5 stars Shame the two disc set was a limited edition, 1 Dec 2011
Mr. R. G. Prizeman "Dickie 1" (croydon UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Greatest Hits (Audio CD)
First of all I believe Westlife were a group who can sing and have had a great carrier of 14 number ones, its just a shame that this is just not the best farewell to the group that sold millions. I was lucky enough to get the two disc set with the DVD of all the hits when it was out, and is far better value than this set. Really this disc only has nine songs not on the original Greatest hits and considering they have released six album since the last million selling hits collection, they could have issued a Greatest hits two not duplicating any tracks from the first best off, and as the first was called volume one then this would have been a great chance for volume two, and then make the limited edition the previous tracks that were available. Of the knew tracks Gary Barlow has given them lighthouse a good tune, and fitting to a group coming to the end of there carrier. All and all I am a bit unsure who this collection is amid at, as the casual fan will have volume one, and the fan would want the two disc version with the DVD. On the plus side the songs are great and we do know then very well yes Flying without wings, the wonderful cover of i have a dream. My real disappointment is the CD has been compressed to buggery and is so distorted at times its ridiculous, this seems to be typical of modern pop CD's,Westlife have great voices always and its sad CD's realsed in the 80's sound a lot better and this is just getting ridiculous I hate the MP3 world its all so distorted and loud, don't these people realise we have volume knobs? The rating is for the duplicate selection and awful mastering.

4.0 out of 5 stars Cheaper than I tunes, 26 Dec 2011
This review is from: Greatest Hits (MP3 Download)
This collection of Westlife's greatest hits needs no review because if you loke Westlife then this
CD will give you all the biggests hits for this group. The best point of this purchase is that the cost on Amazon was cheaper than I-Tunes. As my music collection is on an I-Pod I was concerned about downloading from a source other than I-Tunes, I need not have worried the process was simple and quick and I was guided every step of the way be excellent instructions from Amazon.

3.0 out of 5 stars Ok concept,really bad presentation., 8 Jan 2012
This review is from: Greatest Hits (2CD+DVD) (Audio CD)
This title is not to be confused with the previously released "Unbreakable: The Greatest Hits".
Let's face it,any Westlife fan would already own most of the tracks on the single disc edition of "Greatest Hits" bar the four new songs,two of which are mediocre at best. So what's in this three disc set to make you buy lots of songs you already own again?? Not much. The attraction for me was the dvd,collecting all the music videos together which is a much better career defining collection than the audio discs,but,as is the case with most Sony Music bonus discs,the quality varies from one clip to the next. I'll try to explain.

Essentially what you have here is "Westlife - the Greatest Hits [DVD]" with the videos released since that collection added on to the end. That first video collection was released in 4:3 picture aspect ratio so if you have one of the newer widescreen televisions,these clips all appear for the most part as a rectangle in the middle of the screen which will need to be zoomed up if your set has that function. Some promos are shot in full screen 4:3 so for these you will need to zoom your tv down to avoid clipping the top and edges of the picture. When we get to "Mandy" this video is correctly displayed in widescreen then everything drops down to 4:3 again before reverting to widescreen again for "Amazing" then back to 4:3 again for "The Rose" after which all the newer videos are in widescreen. Confused?? your tv will be! If you're watching this dvd on an older square shaped tv,or computer you won't have any problems but,most of us have upgraded our sets to watch our movies and music/concerts in widescreen. The sound for the majority of the clips is ok but only in two channel stereo not 5.1 surround like the "Chapter One" dvd. Whoever put this dvd together either didn't know what they were doing,had no budget or should take a video editing course.

The book style package itself is also pretty thoughtless. My discs are ALL scratched from the tight card sleeve pages inside the book where they are stored. As some other reviewers have also pointed out,what was wrong with calling it Greatest Hits Chapter Two and releasing a proper cd & dvd focused on the music since "Unbreakable" instead of rehashing the first half of their career again. I hope the dvd gets remastered and re-released but I'm not holding my breath. Westlife have given me many happy moments over the last decade and a bit,they deserve a much better send off than this.

2.0 out of 5 stars A Disappointing Farewell, 24 Nov 2011
This review is from: Greatest Hits (Audio CD)
Okay, I know this is a 'greatest hits' but it seems more like Sony cashing in on the Westlife brand while they still can. The song selection is bland and sterile, lacking the better singles such as 'Amazing', 'What Makes a Man' or 'Obvious.' To be honest I was expecting a longer track list.

Boyzone's 'Back Again . . . No Matter What' was a much better album.

I've been a fan since 1999, and extremely disappointed. I'll only be paying to download the new tracks, and look forward to Shane's first solo album.

4.0 out of 5 stars Four Stars, 15 July 2014
C. Barker "reflux" (uk) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Greatest Hits (Audio CD)
My nephew was very pleased with the product.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great album - highly recommended., 15 July 2014
Mr. Keith Savage "Keith" (Harrow, Middlesex) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Greatest Hits (Audio CD)
Great album containing some excellent songs - all of which are first class. Would highly recommend!

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 8 July 2014
K. Ault (Derbyshire) - See all my reviews
dont remember buying this

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 7 July 2014
good cd

Greatest Hits
Greatest Hits by Westlife (Audio CD - 2011)