on 23 July 2011
This Jacket has been a terrific buy just in time for our wet winter here in Australia. I did alot of research into lightweight rain jackets & the Marmot Precip was a winner for me. It isn't too pricely either. I bought a large size, although I am a medium, after reading reviews that the sleeves were short on some people. I am not at all disappointed with the size large that I selected because I have space to put a jumper underneath if necessary & the sleeves are perfect. It has shape, zips & velcro that you can adjust to suit you. It has zips also under the arms incase you get too warm & need a little ventilation. I have tried & tested the Precip jacket many times in the rain & there has been no leakage of rain onto my clothes or skin. I would highly recommend this jacket. Many thanks Amazon.
on 24 August 2011
This is an excellent, lightweight jacket. It's got all the great perks of pit-zips and draw strings. My only complaint is that it does not come with it's own stuff sack. Otherwise, it's perfect.
on 13 July 2013
I cannot fault this coat on waterproof-ness; it's kept me as dry as possible up a number of peaks in the British weather. It's very light and rolls up very small for easy packing. My only gripe (and the thing stopping me giving it five stars) is that it is not breathable, despite being described as such.
on 26 July 2011
Love this jacket coz its so lightweight but keeps me so dry in wet Glasgow! Love the style so much Im gonna get a heavier one for winter.
on 13 September 2011
Love this jacket. Am size 12, bought a size up (L) as tried my correct size (M) and although it fitted, I felt it was fairly snug with a fleece beneath, and wanted more room to move about. The size up also bought me a few inches in length which for me is better for wet weather walking!

Cut is very good, Ultra Violet / Dark Violet colour is fabulous (had the grass green initially but it's a really strong green - made me look a little unwell!). Fabric is light and soft, you barely know you are wearing it.

Packs easily into itself (left pocket), pit zips perfect for cooling down, good hood with simple adjustments and soft fabric around chin. Pockets are perfectly placed, above the waist, very comfortable. Arm length a little long (even on the smaller size) but I can live with that.

So far it's proved to be waterproof and windproof - and has yet to leave me feeling clammy and uncomfortable.

Having tried other slightly cheaper options in the past, this is the best buy yet. Great design, very comfortable and does what it says on the label.
Fab range of colours too ... may be tempted to get another ... just for a change!
on 13 March 2013
This jacket is fabulous and I absolutely love the colour. I am a petite 8-10 and ordered the medium to give me plenty of room for wearing jumpers underneath. There is a draw string at the bottom of the jacket which allows you to adjust the fit and in my opinion this makes the jacket more flattering and feminine - also means you can adjust when just wearing tshirts etc. Excellent quality, looks great and I would recommend.
on 18 August 2012
My last Precip jacket lasted over 10 years, was worn in torrential rain over 3 continents, only started to lose the waterproofing after years of heavy use and an ill-advised wash in the machine versus hand washing. I tried to save money and got a cheaper waterproof-- but it was heavy and made me sweat like crazy. Nothing beats a good lightweight breathable waterproof like the Precip or the ones Patagonia does. This colour is a BIT bright for me but I've had loads of positive comments on it. They are more expensive but rather than buying a couple of cheaper ones I have learned my lesson.
on 21 April 2013
I have been searching for a lightweight but waterproof jacket for some time - the Marmot Precip jacket is exactly what I need. After reading others comments, I chose the large size although I am usually a 12/14 size. A fleece will fit underneath for cold days without looking too bulky. The jacket is well made, with lots of zips and adjustable velcro etc for a comfortable fit, and I especially like the velcro tab on the back of the hood to reduce the hood volume for a smaller head. And I love the colour range - I chose the dark rose and it is true to the colour on the website. It will pack down to small square to fit in the bottom of my day pack on bush trips, and looks quite smart to wear to the supermarket on a wet day too.
So far it seems to be completely waterproof , after wearing during several of our early autumn torrential downpours. I expect to get a lot of use from this jacket over our coming winter.
on 27 April 2012
Came on time, well packaged and I was very pleased with the selection I made. It really seems to keep me dry so far! A brilliant service, thank you very much.
on 14 May 2012
I really like this jacket! it is breathable and 90% waterproof, very good quality. It suits very well and has long sleeves, that was important for me.

See one answered question