3,423 Reviews
 (1,684)
 (1,120)

5.0 out of 5 stars Thurdays in the Park
I found it very hard to put this book down in order to go out to dinner! It is about two older people who meet and fall in love and all the attendant problems they encounter with families. Very well written and entertaining
It made me laugh and cry and I totally enjoyed it! I really recommend it!
Published on 5 Aug 2011 by Jude

3.0 out of 5 stars thursdays in the park
One of those books that I found myself liking despite myself. Difficult, if not impossible, to discuss why without the possibility of including a fairly big spoiler, lets just say that whilst I didn't like the actions of some of the characters, I did quite like them as individuals.

Funny, moving and with a few twists and turns added for good measure, Thursdays...
Published on 22 May 2012 by Tracy Terry

‹ Previous | 1316 317 318343 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars A Nice Read, 8 Nov 2012
This review is from: Thursdays in the Park (Kindle Edition)
This was a very pleasant little read which didn't contain any particular surprises but certainly made me think about my own life!

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent read, 8 Nov 2012
This review is from: Thursdays in the Park (Kindle Edition)
Great relaxing read with a few twists and turns - excellent escapism. Good strong characters that you can empathise with even the ones you don't like

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Book, 8 Nov 2012
This review is from: Thursdays in the Park (Kindle Edition)
This as an excellent book, the first I have read from the Author, i will centainly be looking for more books by her in the future. I could not put it down, it was so enjoyable.

3.0 out of 5 stars Easy read, 8 Nov 2012
This review is from: Thursdays in the Park (Kindle Edition)
Easy to read but a bit predictable and didn't particularly go anywhere but nice enough. Interesting characters that were a bit different to the usual 30 something's.

5.0 out of 5 stars Thursday in the park, 8 Nov 2012
This review is from: Thursdays in the Park (Kindle Edition)
I loved this book! It's such an honest experience of a woman and is so relatable I couldn't put the book down and I would recommend it to anyone it's a truly lovely book!

5.0 out of 5 stars Thursday's in the Park, 8 Nov 2012
This review is from: Thursdays in the Park (Kindle Edition)
A nice gentle thought provoking read. A real Sunday afternoon book with a feel good factor, I would definitely recommend it.

4.0 out of 5 stars park, 8 Nov 2012
This review is from: Thursdays in the Park (Kindle Edition)
really enjoyed this book typical mid life problems emotions most people especially women can relate to few twists which made ending very readable.

5.0 out of 5 stars Thursdays in the park, 8 Nov 2012
M. Parker (Scotland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Thursdays in the Park (Kindle Edition)
As an older lady I could relate to this book. Most novels now are written for the younger generation but this heroine had had a long marriage which out of nowhere disolved overnight. She did become friends to a man, by chance, but it was not all plain sailing and the opinions of her family members came into play as well. How does it all work out in the end? You will have to read and see. A really good novel, so good that I have bought "Tangled Lives" also by Hilary Boyd.

5.0 out of 5 stars fab read, 8 Nov 2012
This review is from: Thursdays in the Park (Kindle Edition)
This is a really heartwarming read. It was difficult to put down and the characters were so alive. At last a book which is a happy read.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic!, 8 Nov 2012
This review is from: Thursdays in the Park (Kindle Edition)
What a great book. I downloaded it on my kindle for 20 pence so wasn't expecting much!!
I was totally surprised. It really is a lovely story about an older lady who falls in love with a man she meets in the park every Thursday (hence the title) whilst looking after her young grandaughter. We get to know her controlling husband and also her daughter and her family.
I thoroughly enjoyed the story, I was happy with the ending (which is unlike me as they usually disappoint!)
Read this, I think you'll like it.

‹ Previous | 1316 317 318343 | Next ›