4.0 out of 5 stars An elegant desktop
Published on 17 Nov 2011 by omandjo

3.0 out of 5 stars Bluetooth problems
This is my second one - the first having terminally crashed during setup. Amazon were extremely helpful and sent a replacement by return which is now up and running.
It is pleasing on the eye and doesn't take up too much room on my office desk. The processor is the I3 which does everything I need.
The inbuilt speakers are a bit pathetic so if serious DVD or...
Published on 7 Oct 2011 by blacksheep

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

3.0 out of 5 stars Bluetooth problems, 7 Oct 2011
This review is from: Lenovo IdeaCentre A320 21.5 inch All-in-One Desktop PC (Intel Core i3-2310M 2.1GHz, 4Gb, 500Gb, External DVDR, LAN,. WLAN, Webcam, TV Tuner, Windows 7 Home Premium) - White (Personal Computers)
The inbuilt speakers are a bit pathetic so if serious DVD or television watching is envisaged separate speakers are a must.
My biggest complaint is with the Bluetooth keyboard and mouse. The mouse disconnects itself frequently which is annoying enough, but worse is the keyboard. When you start to write a letter or email, you are about half way through the first sentence when the keyboard wakes up, so when you eventually look up to see what you have written (no I can't touch-type) a chunk at the beginning is missing. I will be replacing both the mouse and keyboard with USB versions very soon! Otherwise seems fine.

4.0 out of 5 stars An elegant desktop, 17 Nov 2011
I was seduced by the elegant design of the Lenovo IdeaCentre A320 and have not been disappointed by its performance. It was easy to set up and appears to have all the computing power that I shall ever want. Because of its weight it cannot be claimed to be in any way a portable machine, despite its all in one design, but I have no intention of moving it from my desk. The one weak point I found was the readiness with which the bluetooth keyboard would drop its connection (though the mouse never did). I could always get it back, but it could be frustrating. All-in-all a good buy.

4.0 out of 5 stars Very smart and stylish, but wireless is hard work, 27 Dec 2011
I bought this to replace our family iMac, so appearance was very important; I was looking for something as attractive as an iMac, but without the reliability problems which have dogged ours. The A320 fits the bill very well; it's very beautiful, it boots up remarkably quickly, and with Windows 7 it's nice and easy to use.

A word of warning about wireless though; the Bluetooth keyboard is hard work. Unlike the Bluetooth mouse (which 'just works'), the keyboard needs to be re-paired after every reboot which takes 20-30 seconds, and even after waking from sleep it takes several keypresses to get it going. I got much better performance with an ordinary RF wireless keyboard plugged into one of the USB ports.

Wireless internet is even harder work; even with the external antenna plugged in it has a great deal of difficulty finding a signal, even in rooms where my laptop reports a full signal. As it happens, my iMac had the same problem, so I had set up a Wireless Bridge using an old Belkin modem which I could plug the iMac into. I was hoping I'd be able to get rid of this, but now I have the A320 plugged into it instead. In that configuration it works just fine.

2.0 out of 5 stars Spoiling the Ship for 50's worth of tar, 10 Feb 2012
The Lenovo Ideacentre A320 is a very stylish 'All in One' desktop that is spoilt by some appalling faults, the worst of which is the Wifi adapter. It will not connect unless it's right on top of the router which makes Wifi rather pointless. My office is 20ft from the router where my old Sony laptop and a Galaxy tab get a good signal. I have checked all the drivers and updated my Netgear DG834g V3 Router to the latest firmware but to no avail. Lenovo Support were very unhelpful and could only suggest that I sent the whole lot back to Amazon for a replacement which would be a lot of hassle and I am not confident that it would solve the problem. Pro tem I have now purchased a TP-Link High Gain Wireless adapter which works well but at the cost of 18 and one of the 4 USB ports and some more wire.

Describing the A320 as an All in One is a bit of a misnomer. Normally everything is built in to the monitor but the A320 has a 12" x 7" footprint stand which I guess houses a lot of the works. Also the DVD drive is external and takes up 2 of the 4 USB ports leaving me with just one USB port. I thought the whole idea of an All in One was to have a nice small footprint and eliminate wires.

The Bluetooth keyboard was a nightmare to pair with the A320. It constantly disconnected before I could type the pairing code. Finally managed to pair it and It's has been behaving for a couple of days so hopefully....

The TV tuner is a complete waste of time as it is without a built in `digibox'. As far as I can see the only way to get it to work would be to connect an external freeview box. More wires and clutter!

On the plus side, the LED monitor is superb and the USB 3.0 is a good feature as it's a prerequisite for my Buffalo external HDD. It's probably still reasonable value for money compared with the competition but Lenovo could have come up with a real Apple beater if they had given a bit more thought to the design and improved component quality.

5.0 out of 5 stars Its smart looking, very functional and its made my wife (IMAC user) jealous, 6 Jan 2012
Larry Smith (London, NW3 United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
I replaced my 5 year old tower PC with this work of art from Lenovo. The design is eye-catching and very simplistic. The screen quality is great too and perfect for many applications and watching TV at the same time. My only complaint was the lack of any documentation, especially in setting up the TV function, and this was a struggle to even find on line. Having said that, this PC is great, really fantastic and worth having.
My wife who is a Apple devotee commented how good looking this PC is too, and that alone is a very great compliment, believe me.
Thanks for a great product Lenovo.

2.0 out of 5 stars bluetooth constantly drops out, 12 Oct 2011
I bought the i5 version of this. Thing is there are too many bits to this
machine and part of the attraction of an 'all in one' is that it is just that.This is an 'all in three'
the seperate dvd player is not so much of an issue, but the machine is not that small and it could have been integral
the worst thing is the keyboard and mouse eat battery and the bluetooth constantly 'drops out' i.e. half a dozen times a day.
In a way you think that an all in one may be a bit more portable around the house this is not the case with this machine
it looks quite sleek but in reality is pretty clunky. The wireless card is rubbish every one of my other computers can connect
up stairs even an eight year old laptop.... this thing can't not even a flutter. If you want a fixed, small screen telly and want it to
double up as a computer and you are prepared to buy a seperate mouse and keyboard (as I have) then it is okay.

3.0 out of 5 stars Would be better if I did'nt have to buy a working mouse and keyboard, 18 Mar 2012
The first machine I had delivered suffered a hard drive failure just as I finished adding my data. Having said that Lenovo and Amazon replaced it very quickly so I can't really grumble too much. The machine itself is very nice to work with and so long as it keeps going I am very pleased with it. It is quiet, reasonably fast and the designer must be congratulated on the look. At least as sexy as a MAC. The great thing about All in One computers is that you suddenly have tons of free plug sockets and extra desk space. You could add speakers but unless you like your music loud there is really no need - the built-in speakers are pretty good.

A feature of these reviews are the problems with the Bluetooth mouse and keyboard, this is very irritating so if you buy one of these machines don't expect them to work reliably, they have a mind of their own and start and stop working without warning. I have just about given up on them and I am considering ordering a wired replacement. This is a shame because like the machine itself they are very nice to work with (when they work). The three stars is simply a reflection of my irritation on account of this - it could so easily have been 5 stars!

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent!!, 8 Feb 2012
Having purchased and returned an incorrectly advertised computer i desired an all in one with HDMI output so I could link to my TV. Following pretty hopeless guidance from the Amazon support team i decided to purchase this desktop. I have not been disappointed one bit. I was concerned about all the criticism regarding the bluetooth mouse and keyboard in previous reviews so i assumed in time i would need to also invest in a new one at an additional price, however i have not had any problem whatsoever! Having searched everywhere including both small and big retailers i was unable to find a computer at this specification at a similar price. Just when i was starting to give up.. Thanks Amazon. Much recommended. Also id like to emphasise how swiftly my refund was processed on the first computer. Pleasure doing business with you :)

4.0 out of 5 stars Cool computer, 17 Jan 2012
Have the a310 which is a slight variation.
Using it as my super cool office computer... Easily upgraded to MS Professional, speedy performance

Turn off the sleep function on Bluetooth which will minimise connectivity issues
External DVD drive simple to connect by USB
Wireless hardware minimises desk clutter which was my main objective.

Only negative is zero battery backup if power cable is disconnected, but guess this is the norm for desktops.
Also keyboard is minimal like Apple Mac, but fine once you get a few hours practice
on it

4.0 out of 5 stars Very sleek, quick and easy to use!, 3 Jan 2012
I recently purchased two Lenovos for my office as I wanted a system that was firstly wire-free and secondly able to deal with large storage files with good upload speeds. I was very pleased at how easy these are to set up. The look fantastic and most certaily rival the Macs for anyone looking for an iconic machine.
The only problem they have shown to date is the wireless can occationally loose connection. This is not often and with the hit of a button it will re-connect so not really the end of the world.
Great build quality at a great price. Very pleased.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›