on 3 November 2011

Video card: NVIDIA Geforce GT 555m 1GB GDDR5
BlueRay and DVD drive
1TB Hard Disk

Design

Beautiful screen, just a glass front with touch buttons on the frame to adjust brightness, volume, etc. Speaker bar below the screen is covered with a fine metal mesh. Timeless without extravagance. In the middle a small white diode decorates and only decorates the front view of the B520. It is not bright enough to illuminate the keyboard. Also the back view is well designed. The plastic case is brushed and in grey color so that it pretends to be noble metal. But this it does this pretty good. A metal grid covers the opening on top of the case, a good solution for the heat from inside to rise up outside.

Sound

Actually the six speaker have a clear sound and really produce a surround sound for media content. BUT here you can not have such a good sound as with a full sound system with a sub-woofer. Some tones make the speaker clank. I tested every volume setting to avoid this but with dissonant tones the outer speaker keep clanking.

Performance

Until now this machine smoothly performs all my applications satisfactory. It also keep silent when running demanding processes. When playing games and the video card have its turn then i notice a little roar behind the monitor and actually the monitor keep the machine noise behind itself. I didn't run the newest PC games, thus i have no experience with higher demands. But i think with the mobile graphic card in this PC its performance will not be comparable with real desktop GPUs.
During simple use (i.e. browsing through the Internet) the temperature of the CPU moves between 30 - 40 degrees. Only ca. 1.5 GB memory of the available 8 GB are in use.
When playing video games the temperature of both the CPU and GPU growth up around 60 degrees. My maximum demand of memory didn't exceed 2 GB considerable. So i still have a surplus for future applications.
Because Windows 7 uses all four cores of the CPU at any time i didn't observe it to start the turbo mode of the "i5 2320" when using only 2 cores.
The only think to do better next time for Lenovo is to equip this PC with a better graphic card - think of ASUS. This AIO has a real desktop CPU and i think a mobile GPU could be bottleneck.

I'm very impressed of this all-in-one (AIO). I was looking for a year and compared nearly every AIO on the market. At the end i bought this one.
on 13 January 2012
It's a very fast pc (20 sec start up), with a very nice led screen to watch movie and a good video card to play video games. The touch screen is fine and you will get use with it soon.

At the time I bought it, December 2011, it was the best choice between quality and price (regarding All in One computers), still cheaper than the asus one.

Microphone could be better. Somotimes I get background noises (probably because the microphone is above the fan).

Anyway, I would suggest friends the purchase.
on 19 February 2012
Order placed Thursday 14:45, order received Friday 10:15. Computer up and running and playing Angry Birds by Friday 11:30 - surely a record.
Thanks Amazon and every one else concerned, you can't get much better than that.
And quite a resonable price for for the product.
Computer quality, build and finish superb, lovely screen. Keyboard high quality and mouse excellent. Lenovo should be proud of their product - I am.
No hesitation of awarding five stars.
Thanks again
on 21 September 2011
I just love it so much. the finish is more than great, glass multi-touch screen, stainless steel front and back. very sensitive touch screen. system rating is extremely high. every large games run smoothly on it. The full wrapup is just so great to spend time with. also with a remote to control the tv function etc. and a wireless TV signal receiver, it works great. one more thing is the mouse, it is one of the best mouse i'v ever used, its just as good as a razer gaming mouse, it is a great piece. moreover, the mouse is also a motion game controller, the machine come with a camera games pack and a motion games pack. the mouse again is working just like a wii remote when playing the motion games. great finish, great look, great experience, great touch screen, great speakers, wonderful computer!!! just love it!!!
review image review image review image review image review image review image review image review image review image review image review image
on 7 April 2012
It's always a drag when you have to change computers and even worse when you can't put off changing operating systems! Well my first 'all in one' computer and initiation to Windows 7 (I know, 8 will be out soon - shows how long I've put it off) went like a dream. Next to no plugging in for the Lenovo apart from the mains lead, printer and scanner, for which there were ample usb's and my fears of Windows 7 were misplaced - it gave me the wonderful option of transferring all my files and bookmarks in one go! Haven't really used the touch screen much (but ready for Windows 8!!) and it has proved a small problem for my wife who can't stop pointing to things on the screen and causing all sorts of unintentional effects. My habit is moving the mouse cursor off the screen and wondering why everything disappears! Lovely big screen for comparison of images, which I do a lot on a hobby website I run - [...] Did not like the screen saver it was shipped with and was unsure how to change / disable but simply typing 'screen saver' into the search option instantly brought up the link I needed (and this instant direct link through the search facility has made most things so easy). All in all very pleased and still got lots of improved capabilities to discover I'm sure.
on 24 April 2012
I'm not using this for anything special, just as a standard PC - MS Office, internet, video, music, video editing, etc.
It's a lovely product, sleek & stylish. The only wire is the power plug, so it's extremely tidy. It's also wonderfully quiet.
Screen image is great, speaker quality and volume is very good. No problems at all with wireless mouse and keyboard.
The touch screen worked fine, although I don't use it as I'm old fashioned and prefer the keyboard and mouse.
There is a degree of reflection from the glass screen, but this is not an issue for me.
I haven't used the integrated TV tuner so I cannot comment on this.
Would be very happy to recommend this PC.
on 13 September 2012
I Bought this PC 6 months ago and have waited until now to give my reveiw.
The first machine was delivered to me and was faulty from the word go. It expired after
3 days it had been freezing up and then the hard drive packed up totally. Amazon were very good and immediatley sent me
a replacement (I a was unsure whether to get a replacement or a cash refund, but the Pc was
exactly what I required and though faulty I could tell it was a qualty product) The replacement machine has behaved brilliant from the word go I am sure the origional was just a dud.

The mouse and keyboard are not to my liking, but then origional equipment rarely is, so I have replaced both with Logitech products which
I find are the best on the market at the moment.

I can not express how good this PC is, it is a quality product. I have rarely turned it off since I have had it.
It just goes into sleep mode and jumps back pretty instantly when I use the keyboard or mouse. It is very smart looking
and there are no unsightly cables anywhere. The PC never gets hot or makes any strange noises it just works.

The television recorder using Microsoft media player is amazing, you can just set it up like sky+ and it will record all
your favourite programs. I have used use alot of Pcs and this is one of the best.
on 6 June 2012
As a Mac user for the last 17 years, switching back to the Windows ecosystem is a daunting task, and I thought long and hard about which computer would be right for me. I wanted something with multitouch (to be ready for Windows 8) and an all-in-one design. This seemed like the best computer for the job.

It's only day one, but I'm not regretting the purchase! The display is brilliant, if not as sensitive or accurate as an iPad--it also only features two touch points, although it is capacitive touch so still fairly slick. Windows 7 is a decent bit of software.

The build quality is not up to Mac standards but still fairly impressive, with the exception of the packaged keyboard and mouse, which are cheap and nasty (I plugged in my Mac keyboard and Logitech mouse and carried on!)

Verdict: so far, I wouldn't hesitate to give this product four stars.
on 17 July 2012
Very pleased all round, but the built in microphone suffers from an annoying deficit in volume. It struggles to pick up my voice and in consequence boosts the signal so much that Skype callers get a load of background hiss along with my voice. I have reinstalled drivers, tested it in Microsoft Sound Recorder and played around with settings. Customer support claimed to know nothing of this issue but offered to inspect the machine if I packaged it myself; I'm not inclined to go through the hassle - I now use a headset microphone which works fine. I suspect this is a manufacturing defect, but I don't suppose they would admit to that. A shame, because the machine is otherwise very satisfactory.
on 17 October 2013
Product was stated as a 'new' product but when I contacted him his (hers) email response indicated that it was a 'friends' computer won as a 'prize'. The computer when installed would not behave itself. The cursor did what it wanted to do without prompting, dialogue boxes dropped down/up without command and the connection to the internet would go 'to sleep' without warning. When the technical department were contacted they asked me to install all updates and after that if the problems persisted then the hard drive was faulty. The sellers only response was that he could not offer a replacement and never mentioned a refund. I installed Microsoft Office 2010 on the computer which is now lost to me, I returned the Computer to dominic bird at a cost of £40.16 which at present leaves me out of pocket to the tune of £880.50