on 13 March 2012
Something weird is going on, and its not the zombies. First book was ok, as good as most in this genre that seems to attract a lot of mediocre writing. This book however goes way out there with the most ridiculous change of plot I've ever read. Don't go thinking it kinda works either. That exception's reserved for dusk til dawn. I'm disappointed. Plus there's no chomping, you can't have a zombie apocalypse without chomping!
on 20 September 2012
I LOVE this series so much. However, this book was probably my least fave. I think it has suffered from the classic sequel mistake of rushing out the next book too fast.

I was glad to see that the author has fixed the dreaded key/hot-wiring issue, but still there are typos throughout the book. I found the book just as engaging as the others, having read it in only two days, but it was just lacking slightly. For me, personally, the plot of a zombie novel always borders on the unbelievable, yet this time round the author strayed a little to far into the land of 'No Way!'

To people who have read this book and are a little disheartened - please don't be. Book 3 is is just as amazing as the first one!
on 1 October 2014
I've just started this book and got 15% of the way through before book 1 finished. Why put the last 4 or 5 chapters of book one as the first 5 of book two. Is it to make this book longer? Lazy man and a bit of a con. I haven't read much further yet. I bought the rest of the series based on the first one just hope he doesn't do the same reprise in the rest. Will review more thoroughly when I have completed book/series.
on 19 May 2014
Ok, but its not as good as the first book. Im a third of the way through and guessing the author liked a certain Ridley Scott film. He seems to take quite a few set pieces, ideas and lines from the film. just waiting for someone to break out an mg42 strapped to a steady cam and shout " Lets Rock! " Aliens but with zombies. Lazy but nevertheless entertaining...
on 14 October 2014
An excellent sequel to a brilliant first book. The characters keep developing and growing, and the plot is like the characters-- expanding, taking you in and making you forget about most everything except the words in front of you.
on 6 April 2014
Another fantastic read that I cannot put down. The twists, the turns. From monsters and more. Really makes you question what lengths people will go to to survive. An amazing series, that just gets better and better!
on 29 July 2014
I couldnt put this book down. Brilliantly written..non stop action. Very imaginative! One tiny issue though, there were quite a few spelling and grammatical errors, so it was poorly proofread!
on 25 February 2012
This book was not what I expected. I bought it thinking it would be about a man made virus that got out of control. I was not expecting zombies and I did not appreciate zombies. The writing was B movie material. I bought the second book when I bought the first but I will not be buying the third; I really don't care what happens next! If you like disaster/apocalyptic books but appreciate good writing don't bother with this series or author.
on 28 May 2014
Wow.What a book filled with false hope and determination. The shocking writer that is James Harden ends with questions in which you need to read the next book to find out.
on 4 January 2016
Amazing book 5/5
I would not recommend this book to the faint hearted but to the strong more fearful hearted who like a bit of action and death!