on 3 November 2012
This has been a great help in boosting my experience of the gospels. Ryle has a deep understanding and has been given the talents to explain and magnify them to the common man.
on 8 November 2012
Very good value for money, a must for your electronic library. Basic material well presented in a timeless manner and yet up to good standards.
on 19 April 2013
This series of commentaries on the Gospels is both scholarly and practical. I have been very impressed with them so far and I am sure I will use them for a long time to come. Useful for study and for preparation for preaching. Despite their "age", they are very pertinent to the present situation.
on 24 March 2013
Excellent book for bible study and really good read. explained very clearly, highly recommended for sales to others. 5 stars no problem
on 16 April 2016
Ryle's "Thoughts", as originally written, are very helpful and commendable. My disappointment with this edition is that we are not given the original Ryle. Not only is he made to comment on a modern Bible version - based on different original Greek - but his own words are modified to fit in with that. Like another reviewer, I was also frustrated to find that Ryle's very valuable additional notes - typically the small print sections in a printed edtion - were missing.
on 23 December 2014
Very good set of books, yes the language is dated - but his insight and wide breadth of knowledge only encourages you to go deeper with him into the 4 Gospels, as he opens their richness, and leads us to the Saviour
on 5 September 2014
Wow! What a great bible teacher Ryle was and his books are still teaching us the truths of the bible today. I highly commend this book to all who wish to go deeper into our wonderful Christian faith.
on 4 May 2013
J.C. Ryle's works on the Gospels are fantastic. They're clear and to the point. Very helpful for a student, pastor or anyone trying to dig deeper into the Gospels.
on 28 May 2016
Absolutely tremendous from cover to cover. Simply presented, but reaching the depths. What a teacher this man was. Buy every book of his you can find.
on 2 August 2015
Great expository thoughts to new and old Christians alike. You will be enriched and uplifted as Bishop Ryle goes through the four gospels.