Maverick attorneys Franklin and Bash are unexpectedly employed by wily Stanton Infeld to liven up his firm - if that means annoying his staid nephew Damien, so much the better. Cue for ten fun-filled episodes of mainly lightweight cases and courtroom stunts.

Glossy and frothy, its cast mainly comprising pretty people - plus Malcolm McDowell to add a touch of substance. Breckin Meyer and Mark-Paul Gosselaar's evident chemistry helps all to go with a zing. Also enjoyable is their weird colleague Pindar - a computer genius with a mass of phobias which largely confine him to their ground floor apartment. What an apartment it is too - awesomely spacious and with a hot tub, this in constant use as lavish parties are a speciality.

Whilst not in the same league as "Ally McBeal", "Boston Legal", etc., this is great escapism for those wishing simply to sit back and relax.
TOP 500 REVIEWERVINE VOICEon 28 December 2012
Having never heard of this programme, I took a chance on this DVD because I am an avid fan of Mark-Paul Gosselaar, the funny and mischievous hero of the Saved by the bell series, Zack Morris. I am glad to say this series is hilarious and did not disappoint. I love legal dramas and when you add hilarious comedy to interesting legal cases then what you get is Franklin and Bash. The storylines are fresh, crisp and funny, but at the same time conveys some meaningful life lessons. A very good series, I am looking forward to viewing the next season.
on 2 July 2013
I saw a review of a programme in a tv review unfortunately I don't have sky tv., so when I was able to buy the dvd as I also like Malcolm McDowell in The Mentallist, I jumped at the chance, and I must say I have not been disappointed. The humour is great, and their total irreverance for formal courtroom behaviour would surely have them thrown out in any normal court, but they have you believing them and accepting them. All I can say is roll on series 2
on 17 February 2013
The characters are cool, funny and charming

They put a brand new spin on lawyers

2 different characters but you will love them both
on 16 February 2012
All in all a great show. Based on two Lawyers who love to take weird and exciting cases. Great cast and very well written. I can't believe i'd never heard of it and i'm glad i took the risk after reading the reviews. WATCH IT!
I agree with Louise Louise, this is a fantastic little show, not sure if it was ever shown on british tv, i stream mine from america so never sure of what is shown here or not.

The chemistry between mark and breckin is fantastic and you can genuinely tell that they are having fun in their roles as it comes through on screen.

Different stories every week, lots of humour, will make you laugh out loud , i know it did me every week.

Malcolm Mcdowell plays their boss and is a very deadpan character, you will enjoy his dry wit.

There are 10 episodes in this season and at such a bargain, why not give it a shot !!
44 comments|5 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 8 November 2011
This is one of the funniest shows I've seen on TV in a while! If you're looking for a serious courtroom show, then go elsewhere. If you're looking for escapism, laughs and some eye candy, then Franklin & Bash has this in spades...

Mark Paul Gosselaar ("Saved by the Bell" - I have resumed my teenage crush for Zach!) and Breckin Meyer star in this, with great on screen chemistry, making the show a pleasure to watch. Looking forward to this releasing on DVD!!
on 1 August 2013
Franklin and Bash is a brilliant TV series it has everything you could want, its fun, it is tense but my main point is the stories are not hard to understand so after a day at work you can sit down and just chill and watch it
on 28 May 2013
Not the over serious type show. Like the Characters and the chemistry certainly works. Bought this not having seen an episode and found it to be money well invested.
on 11 September 2013
This programme is a little known gem of a show with 2 brilliant central performances. Great wisecracking camaraderie between the 2 central leads.