5.0 out of 5 stars Outnumbered - as far as it can go.
Published on 7 Mar. 2012 by Riley

2.0 out of 5 stars Image freezes up
This collection has the same issues as the Outnumbered Christmas Special did: all of a sudden the picture and sound breaks up into scrambled images and the disk sticks there. No apparent way to remedy this: if one wipes the disk clean to try again it doesn't solve the problem. The disk just goes on intermittently freezing up, sometimes skipping forward eventually or...
Published 13 months ago by Elin Vanderstroom

5.0 out of 5 stars Outnumbered - as far as it can go., 7 Mar. 2012
Riley (Tasmania, Australia) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Outnumbered: Series 1-4 Box Set (Plus 2009 Christmas Special) [DVD] (DVD)
Saw a few episodes of this on TV and decided to get the whole box set as I found it so funny. Interesting to see as they all grew up and the difference is quite marked for Karen. By the end of the last series it seemed to me it had gone as far as it could and the "cuteness" and clever remarks had lost their freshness. The box set is a great way to capture what made it such a special series. The great logical responses to the adults comments and the literal understanding was hilarious and really made you think about how ambiguous some of our statements are to kids. Another great British production - cannot see how an American copy of this can come close to the clever dialogue the Brits write and the other great thing about this series is it is partially improvised - sometimes I wonder how Pete keeps a straight face at some of the things the kids say. A great series to have and one that should be watchable for many years to come.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good but BEWARE!, 16 Feb. 2015
I bought this for my wife. She has been a big fan of the series, right from its beginning and the 5 stars are from her. It is no exaggeration to say that she loves all of the children's characters, particularly that of Karen, the youngest. For myself, I find the children more than a little irritating but I do like the characters of the mother and father. I like the way that have to navigate, not always successfully, all that family and modern life throws at them whilst still trying to be "good parents". They are both well acted, particularly so by Claire Skinner.

However, this is not the main reason I have written this review. Either you like the series or you don't. There is not much that I can say that will change your mind. No, the main reason for writing this review is to say if you buy this THEN DO NOT BUY THE CHRISTMAS SPECIALS. Why? Well because all 3 of them are included with this. Not only have Amazon not included this in their description of the product they also include the Christmas Specials in "people who have bought this also bought" section and they offer one of the Christmas Specials in their suggested bundle!

As you may guess I bought the Christmas Specials as well as this. As they were a Christmas present I was able to return them during the Amazon post Christmas moratorium on unwanted gifts - which was good - but I still had to pay the return postage!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great TV series, 3 Jan. 2012
This is a great box set bought as a Christmas present for my daughter who loves it. Would recommend this especially if you have children!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great TV series, 12 Dec. 2014
Katie85 (Northamptonshire, UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
I got into 'Outnumbered' during the latter series and when I watched repeats on the telly, I wondered why I didn't see it before. I now have the box set (series 1-5) and I watch this a fair bit. The Brockmans are easy to like and relate to and the kids are amazing. I like the fact that this show is part-unscripted as it gives it a bit more of a 'real' feeling. Enjoyable and recommended to anyone who likes 'Outnumbered' and does not have any of the previous DVDs or to anyone who likes TV comedy with a bit of a difference.

5.0 out of 5 stars Family viewing, 6 July 2012
JB (Cambridge UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
My seven year old daughter watched an episode of this series at a friend's house and asked if we could get the DVD. After having resisted for days, we finally watched an episode on LoveFilm. After a couple of minutes the rest of us were totally hooked; this is an acute and hilarious insight into family life like no other I've seen.

Somehow the writers and the actors have nailed the uncertainties, insecurities and general feeling of living-on-the-edge-of-catastrophe which is the backdrop to (I guess) a lot of families' existences in the new millenium. Of course, the drama is underpinned by an effortless humour which is quite infectious.

Although kids seem to love this, it's definitely for adults too - I was convinced that it wasn't for me to start with as I don't usually watch sit-coms, so if you haven't seen it I'd urge you to give it a go.

The set is presented in book form with clear perspex 'pages', which makes locating individual DVDs easy and straightforward.

Good price for hours of entertainment.

4.0 out of 5 stars bought as xmas present - kids love it, 5 Jan. 2014
Bought as present for kids. They love it and watch it most days. Suitable for anyone who likes the show and better value being a box set.

5.0 out of 5 stars So funny!, 2 Sept. 2014
This show is based around Brockmans, a couple and their extremely intelligent and funny children who constantly outnumber and outwit them. You have Jake, the oldest child who is very sarcastic, then you have Ben who is very hyperactive. Then you have Karen, the youngest child, and in my opinion the cleverest whom constantly outwits her parents.

The best episodes are in the first 3 series. Lots of the scenes are improvised, so the young actors/actresses can make alot of their dialogue up. This makes alot of the scenes very natural and free flowing. One of my favorites scenes is in the first series, when Karen (aged around 4/5) asks her mum if she can keep a nit as a pet. So funny!

A really funny comedy.

5.0 out of 5 stars The best half hour programme on TV, 19 Mar. 2014
We did not view the series when they were first shown on TV. We thoroughly enjoyed watching the DVD. Half hour programmes are great and there are too few of them! We loved seeing how the children developed throughout the series. Simply wonderful! The series deserves awards.

5.0 out of 5 stars Outnumbered never lets you down, 5 Jan. 2014
This is a huge hit in my house. For my daughter, who already loves the TV show and now by me (I've only ever seen a few of the TV shows).

This set is the first 3 series, when the kids were younger and which I personally feel are the better episodes. Every episode seems to have the same look, feel and structure. From the stressed Mum, a Dad who really doesn't doesn't know / can't be bothered with the stress and strain and the children (who ad lib a lot I believe) who create an amazingly believable chaos to every situation.

Each episode seems to have a good story line and a few jokes toward the end to reward you further for watching the already excellent first and middle parts of each episode. What really works is the fact that, as a parent to 3 children myself, the situations for each episode are all too believable so I'm half laughing at myself when I'm watching this.

As I mentioned previously, I was not a huge watcher of the show on TV but I'll be watching all of these on DVD and then I'll move onto the next series I missed on TV. If you like Outnumbered then I think this is a great DVD to have in your collection, if only to watch when there's nothing else on TV (which is quite often).

4.0 out of 5 stars Worth watching, 4 Jan. 2014
Great once you get into it. Characters very amusing, all of them. Bit slow at first but if you persevere then it is worth it.

Outnumbered: Series 1-4 Box Set (Plus 2009 Christmas Special) [DVD]