5.0 out of 5 stars excellent jacket
Published on 6 Jan 2010 by Tone Loc

3.0 out of 5 stars Good lightweight coat let down by dodgy zip.
I got this as a lightweight summer alternative to my Berghaus Merga Peak for hill walking. And would've liked to have given it a four star rating.
Unfortunately not the usual high standard of zip from Berghaus (probably to save weight). Unless the zip is carefully tugged down hard on fastening, it can come undone and peel open from the bottom after it's done up...
Published on 15 Jun 2012 by John Harrison

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent jacket, 6 Jan 2010
I had looked at a lot of outdoor jackets for this winter. i decided against a lined jacket as it would be too warm for spring/summer. anyway i can wear one or two fleeces under jacket if conditions require. i liked the look & quality/fit of berghaus jackets but the local store did not have the parka version. I wanted the parka version for its several pockets. this jacket is nice and long also and the pockets work if you open the flaps or the lower ones also have a zip behind to make them back loading. i went with an eclipse colour which is actually more a navy grey than the image shows. which was a pleasant surprise. I have had it now in very heavy rain for extended periods and it works very well. the hood when open doesn't have that little peak upturn that other jackets had which would have been nice. All in all i am delighted with it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Berghaus Parka, 6 Feb 2011
N. A. Hopkins (Abergavenny.Wales.UK) - See all my reviews
Really comfortable jacket,keeps out the wind and rain.Lightweight,so ideal for walking.If very cold would probably need to be wearing a good fleece as well,but that's no problem.Much better than having a weighty fully lined jacket to carry about.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great length Coat, ready for Winter!, 14 Sep 2010
Packaged well through Amazon as you'd expect, arrived quickly too. The coat is grey/blue in colour with a nice length below the waist. I got it so it can be worn over my suit on those grotty days as we head towards winter and still look reasonably smart. It has pockets galore which are spacious enough; I particularly like the side-zipped bottom pockets which are low down for your hands and nice and snug. The jacket sits nicely below the waistline giving that extra length. All-in-all, I'd recommend the coat to anyone looking for something practical, warm and smart with a good name behind it.

4.0 out of 5 stars Festival Jacket, 19 Jun 2013
J. Insley (UK) - See all my reviews
My son and myself have recently returned from a 3 day stint at a Music Festival and as we were both donning Berghaus Jackets I thought I would provide some feedback as to the performance of the Jackets and as you can imagine UK Festival weather - yes Rain

Parka Shell Jacket.

This Jacket was great for keeping dry, No water penetration what so ever. The length was great for keeping the water away from the trousers. The pockets were great - just what is needed for a festival - lots and lots of storage space.
The only main problem was the hood - This was extremely dismal - In fact the front of my sons face was wet because the lack of depth to the hood top - something i am sure you need to consider for our British climate.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good jacket, good size, excellent price, 20 Nov 2013
Can't believe I got hold of a Berghaus jacket for just over fifty quid! Looks good and fits well. It's a bargain at this price.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent jacket for an intemperate climate., 12 Aug 2013
MR J KENNY (mullingar, co.westmeath Ireland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Berghaus RG Parka Jacket (Sports Apparel)
I initially bought this jacket having lost my previous Berghaus waterproof jacket while on a staff night out in Dublin. That was almost 2 years ago. This jacket is an excellent fit, stylish, and functional, with plenty of pockets. It's also extremely resistant to the weather, and washing, with no colour fade in the last year or so. It was also very reasonably priced, I honestly can't find anything negative to say about it. Brilliant purchase.

5.0 out of 5 stars RG Parker Men's Jacket, 4 April 2013
I had had my previous Berghaus raincoat for nearly 20 years and it gave stirling service during this period but it needed replacing and looking through the list of coats this RG Parka Shell Men's jacket seemed to fit the bill. It is superb and I am very pleased with it. It is comfortable , excellent pockets, four good sized ones on the outside with two zipped hand warmer pockets at the side of the lower pockets. There is a zipped security pocket inside the jacket on the left hand side and the hood folds up and tucks inside the collar. Rain just beads off and it is completely wind proof. A first class coat. I would certainly reccomend it to anyone wanting a first class raincoat.I've only had the coat a short while but if the weather looks iffy then this is the coat I grab first.

3.0 out of 5 stars Good lightweight coat let down by dodgy zip., 15 Jun 2012
John Harrison (Sussex, Sussex Britain) - See all my reviews

Other than this a very good coat - lightweight, supple, breathable fabric. And a nice fit (I'm a wiry medium). Four front pockets of the square type rather than sloped (so contents won't drop out so easily) , including two chest pockets.

Negative design points :
Hood isn't wired or deep, so more like an old fashioned 70's style draw-cord rimmed hood that inadequately protects face against blustery conditions and driving rain.
Small internal pocket 6x5", way too small for map.

I give it three and a half stars. OK for summer use (just be careful with the zip).

5.0 out of 5 stars Berghaus parka, 29 Jan 2012
Great Jacket love the military style parka look with large pockets top and bottom.
Does what i want in a jacket and arrive in good time.

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice looking jacket when worn by someone else, 29 Jan 2012
Keep Calm (Manchester, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Berghaus RG Parka Jacket (Sports Apparel)
Delivery was customarily swift from Amazon! This is a nice looking jacket. X Large size "only just" big enough for me having a 42 inch chest. Ideally, I should have gone for an XXL. Sleeve length is a little too generous though but they keep my hands warm! Maybe my body size and shape needs re-configuring! Heavy use of Velcro all over for the many pockets, front fastening and wristbands. This is fine but sometimes the wristbands get involuntarily "Velcro'd" to the top pockets!

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›