5.0 out of 5 stars bus a cable car simulator
l like it. I love it. It works well on windows 7. and works windows xp system. lts okay...
Published 4 months ago by Callum Diesel

1.0 out of 5 stars Released Too Early, Full of Problems
Having previously purchased City Bus Simulator - New York 2010 (PC DVD) , I was looking forward to this new release from the same developers. I have been following their tech blog and the videos are very impressive, with a lot of effort made to minor details.

That's where the problems lie.

I falsely believed that Bus & Cable Car Simulator - San...
Published on 12 Sep 2011 by Dave Wales

1.0 out of 5 stars Released Too Early, Full of Problems, 12 Sep 2011
= Fun:1.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Bus & Cable Car Simulator - San Francisco (PC DVD) (DVD-ROM)

That's where the problems lie.

I falsely believed that Bus & Cable Car Simulator - San Francisco was the next version of City Bus Simulator - New York 2010. An upgrade with some lessons learned, some new features, and a bigger world to explore. Wrong. By the looks of it, they've pretty much ignored lessons learned from City Bus Simulator - New York 2010.

Installing the game was a pain, though perhaps that's my computer. The installer crashed mid-way so I had to start again.

Running the game on my quad core, 4GB RAM PC was extremely slow, with plenty of noticeable lagging and physical pauses whilst it is buffering.

The actual gameplay is terrible too. Navigating Carlos around City Bus Simulator - New York 2010 was logical, and easy to do. There were helpful prompts, a main menu to choose from a variety of missions or a free ride, and life was good.

Bus & Cable Car Simulator - San Francisco doesn't seem to respond to logic. There's no main menu and the in-game save is terrible. The first task is to have a rest, get in a car and drive to a stadium on one side of the city. Then you got to a depot (closest is the other side of the city) to get your bus and the first timetable (about 30 minutes play). I managed to get to the first depot but the save put me straight back in the apartment at the beginning.

The game wouldn't accept my Logitech steering wheel whereas City Bus Simulator - New York 2010 did. A common complaint about CBS was about steering wheels so I expected that to be a core feature that had been solved in Bus & Cable Car Simulator - San Francisco.

Overall, the gameplay is terrible - it's slow, is illogical, is boring (from a fan of realistic truck/bus driving simulators) and is a huge disappointment from TML. I do wonder how much of it is the result of collaborating with Astragon as their own branded games have terrible reviews on Amazon and very poor gameplay videos on Youtube.

Ultimately, it was a big let down from TML. City Bus Simulator - New York 2010 was far from perfect but showed promise. Combine that with the nitty gritty detail from Bus & Cable Car Simulator - San Francisco together with the expanded map and you'd have a cracking game. As it is though, it is poorly designed, terrible to play and just a big disappointment.

(For reference, I had this on pre-order and when I installed it it was version 1.0.6. On the day of UK release version 1.0.7 was available for download off the Internet so perhaps this suggests the game was rushed if there's a bug fix on the day of UK release?)

Overall it was a big disappointment.

1.0 out of 5 stars avoid this game, 11 Mar 2014
this game is a total disaster and you shouldn't waste your money. it takes forever to get the game into any sort of play and even then there are glitches all over the show and the graphics are poor

2.0 out of 5 stars VERY SLOW, 24 July 2013
This game is very slow, I had a quick installation but I am telling you, this game is so slow it took an hour just to get to the first destination of your mission, so very disappointed so I recommend to not buy this game it is unbelievably slow :(

1.0 out of 5 stars It takes almost 2 hours just to get your bus on a route!, 12 Jun 2012
NS123 (Dublin, Ireland) - See all my reviews
= Fun:1.0 out of 5 stars
I thought this game might be good after purchasing the excellent OMSI: The Omnibus Simulator - I was wrong!
It takes over an hour to actually get to your bus because you have to drive there in a very slow pickup truck.
When you eventually reach your it is very glitchy and unrealistic.

Buy OMSI, It is more expensive but it is worth it!

2.0 out of 5 stars Not bad but not clever, 14 Sep 2011
= Fun:2.0 out of 5 stars
Would have to disagree with the previous review i found the game to be extremely frustrating, hard to pick up and play straight away the graphics are okay but not great, buses crash into cars for no apparent reason, i wouldn't recommend it to people new to simulators, as someone who played bus simulator 2 at least it was easy to pick up and play,unfortunately the game appears to lag at times and i am using a fairly modern pc, sorry as far as decent bus sims go this aint one.

2.0 out of 5 stars Bus & Cable Cable Simulator, 15 Aug 2012
= Fun:3.0 out of 5 stars
I brought Bus & Cable Car Simulator and City Bus Simulator- New York where should I start with CBS-New York is a joke because I got booted off the game and I put in my registeration number after so many tries and CBS-New York locks me out from playing the games and Bus & Cable Car Simulator I gonna says is WOW!!! My computer crashes after 2-3 hours later and I gonna restart the all over from my Nob Hill District in San Francisco and I brought the game because I work for San Francisco Municipal Railway and I am inspiring transit operator for the company. And makers of the game should thought of making San Francisco like San Francisco you know besides Fisherman's Wharf, Chinatown, Financial District and Embarcadero they should thought of Mission District, Twin Peaks out towards San Francisco Zoo, Land's End and Ocean Beach, Sunset and Richmond Districts to the San Francisco State University to the City College of San Francisco and etc..... I'm fond with Cable Cars or the Historic Trolley Cars either. In beginning I enjoyed driving the diesel buses through Union Square and now once I get to Union Square my game ends I'm always be driving towards Marina District and Golden Gate Bridge and the Presidio. I always finding a way find thing on the net. And there a way to pay for a stinking patch in order to play the game.

2.0 out of 5 stars Yes or No? ermmm sorry No., 24 May 2012
= Fun:2.0 out of 5 stars
This game was looking very optimistic when it was first announced, a game where as you can drive multiple transportation vehicles with a fully customized dashboards and lots of things to do.
But, in reality this is poorly done, I found it enjoyable at first but then I began to become very slowly bored and stuck on what to do.
The graphics are satisfactory and the gameplay/story is adequate, but it is very Jumpy and there are TONNES of bugs to fix!

Pretty disappointed at this, and I'm not a person for complaining (As my other reviews would emphasise) but sorry Excalibur this doesn't pass for me.

This game is MUCH better.City Bus Simulator - New York 2010 (PC DVD) or this one European Bus Simulator (PD CD) (I have reviewed this, but I can not upload until release day [Silly amazon rules])

3.0 out of 5 stars it ok, 12 Feb 2012
= Fun:3.0 out of 5 stars
the game is okay but u cant go over u speed limit of 30 mph and if u do u get a $1000 fine as u may know San Francisco is very bumpy and will give u dents on ur bus . but there are fix places and get new buses but start of with a bus short and single decker and and anvrage to buy a new bus is $12000 get OMSI - The Omnibus Simulator (PC DVD) which is also brilliant i just bought it

1.0 out of 5 stars Buy OMSi Bus Simulator, 15 Nov 2011
= Fun:1.0 out of 5 stars
Its a terrible game and can't believe I paid so much for this game, a great disappointment.
I bought it expecting it to surpass the City Bus Sim for NYC, how wrong could i be. TML have ignored a good game that they made and given this which is no where near as good as that was.

OMSI Bus Simulator is more fun, realistic and thorough, if you are looking for a Bus Sim, buy that!

1.0 out of 5 stars DOESNT WORK - BEWARE FAULTY, 7 May 2012
GAME DOESNT WORK - BEWARE FAULTY
I MISSED THE RETURNS 30 DAY DEADLINE BECAUSE IT WAS FOR A PRESENT
THE CD WHIRRRRRRSSS; BIZARRE NOISE IN 2 DIFFERENT PCS

Bus & Cable Car Simulator - San Francisco (PC DVD)
Bus & Cable Car Simulator - San Francisco (PC DVD) by Excalibur Video games publishing (Windows 7 / Vista / XP)
5.95