on 5 January 2014
A word of caution about this watch. It looks fantastic. The design is superb and sublime. I was so excited when I took it out of the box but extremely disappointed when I put it on my wrist. The size of the case (at 42cms) is such that the metal strap either side of the case doesn't sit close to the wrist but sits proud. I think my wrist size is about average (I am slightly taller and larger than average in build) so this was baffling. I think this will only suit those with larger than average wrists - unless you are prepared to accept this problem as a trade off for the fantastic look of the watch.
on 23 April 2013
I am very pleased with this watch, it is very slim and looks really smart. The date window is a little on the small side though. Also be aware that the description says stainless steel case & titanium bracelet, this is not correct it is a titanium case and stainless steel bracelet. But a very nice watch, well made and very comfortable to wear.
on 8 September 2013
really good looking watch and very comfortable on the wrist. I can even see the date easily. the only complaint i have is the catch which is very fiddly, if it had a press side fitting i would give this a score of 5 but on the whole very pleased.
on 19 August 2012
This review is from a womans point of view as I prefer a "mans" watch for everyday use and this fits the bill perfectly. It also means I don't have to pinch my husbands watch anymore.
¬The watch itself is quite large (everyone round the lunch table can read it) and much darker than it looks in the picture - closer to gunmetal colour than silver.
¬The dial is clear to read especially with the orange second hand which I think adds to the attractiveness of the watch face. It would be quite dull without the colour.
¬You need a bit of patience to adjust the strap and the clasp is very hard to close for the first few times, but after wearing it for 2 or 3 days it becomes easier.
¬If you are not used to a mesh strap the watch sits differently on the wrist compared to a stainless steel link bracelet. When closed the mesh strap forms an oval around the wrist whereas a stainless steel link hugs the wrist. This doesn't bother me and the fit would be different on a man as they generally have thicker wrists than women, so it would lie completely flat on them.
¬The date is difficult to read, particularly when in double figures, as it is so small.
¬Keeps time when set and doesn't catch on knitwear or delicate fabrics.
I would recommend this watch for a man or woman. Good price too.
on 24 July 2015
First one started clouding up inside the dial after 2 months (moisture?) and the white stuff on the hands started to discolour, go green and disintegrate so returned it and got a replacement.

Now after a year, the replacement has started clouding again on the inside and it is never immersed in water, so much for being waterproof!

And the edge of the metal strap has started to come away from the strap and scratches clothing pulling out threads on things like cotton twill shorts and chinos where my arm brushes against them. I've rectified this by filing the sharp edges down, but I ask you, is that the mark of a quality timepiece?

Only positive is that it looks kind of stylish and keeps the time (!).

Danish design? They should stick to producing bacon. Look elsewhere to buy a timepiece.
on 20 November 2013
Looks awesome, lasts forever, and is highly durable. Only downside is the clip is somewhat fiddly, but you get over it.
on 5 June 2013
I am pleased with this watch. Bough to replace another Skagen which I lost. Would recommend these watches to everyone!
on 2 February 2013
I had been looking for a watch like this for a while after buying one for my son's 21st. It had to be different from his, but the skagen designs offer a lot of choice. The watch is elegant and fits very well. It came in a gift box and was very well packaged. Please note the date is a little hard to read if your eye-sight is no longer perfect.
on 5 August 2015
Really nice watch which is very light and thin. I can understand how it will only fit a large wrist properly due to the design of the mesh strap, however, it fits me fine. So far it's keeping good time which is its main job. As per other comments the date numerals are very small, however, are readable.
on 29 January 2013
It's a beautiful wristwatch with a very interesting color and ideal size.
Good quality and looks great on any man's wrist.
I hope it lasts a long time and always look as good as it is now.