5.0 out of 5 stars Mac OS X Lion
Published on 11 Oct. 2011 by Newvistas

3.0 out of 5 stars Never has answers to the questions I need answers to!
Published on 26 Feb. 2013 by A. J. Griffiths

5.0 out of 5 stars Mac OS X Lion, 11 Oct. 2011
Newvistas (Shropshire UK) - See all my reviews
We were new to Mac a few years ago and tumbled across the Peachpit Learning Series when researching which "how to" book to purchase. Not being IT experts and both having different learning styles, we have both found their books invaluable and this one continues the trend. The manual comes into its own when using the on-line help search engine has failed because we have run out of ideas as to what term Mac have used for what we are looking for. Its far easier to glance through the pages of the book than spend hours laterally thinking of yet another term that might produce an on-line search result. The style of writing and the pertinent diagrams make the manual easy to read and the information easy to implement. The information is clear, concise, logically presented and the procedures straightforward to follow.

5.0 out of 5 stars A must have..., 29 Dec. 2011
H. Brown "Ham Bra." (England) - See all my reviews
First bought this book eons ago when it covered OS7 and it was excellent. If you're new to mac or new to computing it's a must have. More than a few tips for the power user too. Highly recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Mac OS X Lion: PeachpitLlearning Series, 2 Feb. 2012
Robin Williams has guided me through all the updates on my mac since OS 8. She almost always has the answer to any problem, and has a knack of being accurate,
informative and concise, whilst making the whole process enjoyable. the best tutor for mac procedure without a doubt.Mac OS X Lion: Peachpit Learning Series

4.0 out of 5 stars I love it and my iMac loves it too, 8 April 2013
This upgrade is very smooth and noticeable in use. I'm novice to the Unix and iMac but on my PC's experience I may say that this is a real joy.

3.0 out of 5 stars Never has answers to the questions I need answers to!, 26 Feb. 2013
I bought this book 14 months ago. It has good reviews and is a nice looking, solid book with plenty of diagrams to help you. However, although I have turned to it for help on many subjects on many occasions, I have not yet been successful in finding a single entry for any of my searches. It seems to have descriptions on how to do absolutely everything apart from the things I am trying to do. I am a very experienced user and find it incredibly annoying to constantly find that my queries are not answered by this book. Silly, I know, but it seems as though the author deliberately tried to anticipate my needs and ensure that none of my queries was covered in the text!

3.0 out of 5 stars Not for pro's, 6 Oct. 2011
This is a fine and well organized book. If you are relative new to computers this is the book for you. However if you are an IT-professionel, you don't need this book as the Mac is very close to Microsoft and because the Mac OS is very intuitive.

Mac OS X Lion: Peachpit Learning Series