Format: Audio Download|Change
Price:£17.60

on 17 November 2011
If you find the works of Ezra Pound too prosaic and the collected poems of T.S. Eliot rather fluffy around the edges, and of course one has already read Ulysses and Absalom Absalom!, then here is a stunning modernist drama which may, if I can be so blunt, captures our modern zeitgeist in its most purest essence. With subtle twists and dark turns that leaves the reader ruminating on their very existence, I find it hard to believe that this book did not win the Man Booker Prize!

With straight forward, strict syntax (that is reminiscent of Hemingway) and portmanteau, such as "no-strings-attached sex" which brings Joyce to mind, this is truly a force to be reckoned with in our modern age, and will surely add its author's name to the hall of literary greats. For each page is bursting with rich observation on the complex lot of humanity: "'Babe!' he called out as soon as he saw her. Sapphire gave him her WTF look." And awe consuming description that reminds us that empirical philosophy is still alive and well: "Jay got up. At six foot two he was a fit guy in all senses of the word. He was a personal trainer, had biceps that Sapphire adored caressing, abs of steal, the cutest bum and long muscular legs. Look wise he resembled Wentworth Miller from Prison Break." Characters that make Faulkner's look like mere cardboard cutouts and a story line that can only be described in one word: gripping. This truly is a wondrous piece of fine art.

I find no flaw in this devastatingly good novel and I urge all of humanity to rush out and buy this masterpiece and sink with me into the cesspit of our rotting and moribund culture. In the dilapidated houses of our broken economy you will find this book, in the cluttered bedrooms of our disaffected youth this book will loom its hideous face of brilliance, and, once you breathlessly put it down after the final page, in your soul is where it will linger for all time.
44 comments|17 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 11 January 2014
This is one hello of a book! Filled with plenty of twists and turns it makes for a brilliant read. The story lines are great and it is written in a way which makes you really feel the same emotions as the characters. I have previously read some other fiction books written by Katie Price (the angel trilogy and the comeback girl - all worth a read!) so that encouraged me to buy this one. I bought this book for my Amazon kindle and the only thing that has prevented me from giving it 5 stars is that there is a few typos in the book; some of the dialect is missing speech marks, there are a few pieces of dialect that have speech marks in the wrong place and a few of the words are either misspelled or they are missing a space bar in between the words. I don't know if the situation will be the same for the paper version but if you can get pass these problems, I would defiantly recommend it. Such a brilliant read!
on 18 August 2010
I just finished reading the book and thoroughly enjoyed it but thought there was something that let the book down. The story is fab; I just couldn't put it down, and for me that is something as I am really not a big reader. However, I have no idea who proof read this book, it was appalling. I just finished school and could have done a better job, many speech marks have been left out, which is fair enough but also at one point Cal Bailey was called 'a one-man woman'!! Also someone was asked the question 'How you?' which took a couple of minutes to work out it was meant to be 'have you?' and also there are missing words...important words to a sentence. 'She fab doesn't she?' Loosely translated as 'She looks fab, doesn't she?'
Basically, the story is great but I didn't expect to see such awful mistakes in a book by 'The number 1 best selling author'!!
Definitely worth a read though and follows suit with Angel, Angel uncovered and Crystal...looking forward to buying Paradise now.
88 comments|4 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 11 December 2013
Having now read most of Katie Price's books, the plot seems to follow a similar theme, the main character is with some one then they break up and a load of challenges are put in their way and eventually they get back together after facing some kind of dramatic situation near the end of the book. The main female character is nearly always a victim, and even in this one, Sapphire the self-assured business woman is victimised again and again, time for something new!!!!. This one is good because the main character is a some-what normal person and not a celebrity as most of her characters are, although she has celebrity connexions, she struggles with her small business and it some-what relatable. It's still a good read, although a little predictable.
on 30 August 2009
One word describes this book, that word is 'Shallow'. A book written for shallow, thoughtless, uninspired people by a shallow, thoughtless untalented person.
44 comments|21 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 8 August 2009
I've never read a Katie Price book so i thought I'd buy this book to give it a go. Wanted to give up by the middle of the book but hung on in until the end. Feel gutted that I wasted my money on something so trivial. Its not exactly gripping. It felt really superficial and was dull.
Do people actually buy this rubbish? I think this is probably the last time i read anything by KP...she's so 5 years ago. I personally prefer the Louise Bagshaw type of story or Sophie Kinsella for a summer read.
on 7 September 2011
well what can i say ? i really couldnt put this book down, i laughed and i cryed at this book it was so gripping i gave this book to the girls at my work to read and they loved it too, a lot of people dont like katie price but i do and all her books are brilliant.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 28 June 2012
a brilliant book which hooks you from the start. you start to care about sapphire and her life, her decisions, and her business. then things happen which speed the story up and you just have to keep on reading to find out what happens, it really is such an addictive book with a flowing story to a fabulous ending. it should be made into a movie it would be even better than bridget jones movies. the book is stylish throughout and you visualise all the fashion and glamorous locations which are described so well. even if you havent read any of the other katie price books you will easily understand this one. i am so loving this book i want the next one right away!
on 24 April 2011
Fab book, couldnt put it down, gripping story, I am not a big reader, but I read, Angel and Crystal sometime ago, so bought this book and Angel Undercovered at the same time. Cant believe it took me so long between buying them and starting to read them but since the sun has been shining I have finished both books and throughly enjoyed them. Just ordered Pardise and cant wait to read it.
Honestly for a non book reader shes got ne hooked with her novels. Be warned though if you have read Angel, read Angel undercovered before Sapphire as it gives a bit of it away, i read the wrong way round.
on 27 May 2016
Excellent book, i buy all the katie price books and they are good. Really good quality aswell.