5.0 out of 5 stars Music to my sound holes, 31 May 2013
This review is from: Scripted (Audio CD)
Fantastic Album, I love it, everyone should love it and buy it! One of the few albums that I love every song on it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good find, 30 Mar 2013
This review is from: Scripted (MP3 Download)
Came across this band by accident, had never previously heard of them tbh - Like other reviewers I too think this is a really good album without a single weak song on the album, interestingly other peoples opinions of which are the "standout tracks" are not the same as mine - which is exactly what makes music so great. Anyway, if you like Paramore's kind music, who are probably the most famous current band of this type, you should like this (I say that not because I think they are Paramore clones, they are subtly different, but just to give you an idea of their sound) Highly recommended and looking forward to future releases.
Edit - Although I hope my comments were not perceived to say "they are just like Paramore" (cos like I said, they are different with their very own sound)... Having now heard Paramore's new album I would like to retract all reference to Paramore !

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing!!!, 14 Mar 2013
This review is from: Scripted (MP3 Download)
Icon For Hire are an amazing band (especially if you're into punk/rock music)
Although a fair warning; some of these songs are contagious; ie you find yourself
singing them at random moments O_o

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 12 Sep 2014
This review is from: Scripted (Audio CD)
Very pleased and fast delivery highly recommend

5.0 out of 5 stars THE best debut album I've ever heard, 20 Sep 2012
This review is from: Scripted (Audio CD)
I stumbled upon these guys completely by chance. I was checking out the support band for my favourite band's upcoming tour on youtube and Icon for Hire's music video for "Make a Move" was in the list of recommended videos, so I gave it a go. Funnily enough the band I actually went onto youtube to check out didn't turn out to be that amazing, but I ended up loving these guys! After hearing "Make a Move" I immediately did a search for the rest of their work and I was not disappointed. I was disappointed to find that their album isn't available in shops in Ireland, but thank god for online shopping!

Less than a week after first hearing of them I was hooked. I have no problem pointing out that even some of my absolute long time favourite bands took an album or two before they perfected their sound, but Icon for Hire have it perfect from the get go. It's rare that I come across an album where I love every single song on it, much less a debut album, but that's the case with "Scripted". It is fantastic.

I've read various reviews around the web in which they've been compared to bands such as Paramore and Flyleaf. As a fan of both Paramore and Flyleaf I wouldn't agree with that comparison. They may all fit into the category of alternative rock/metal/punk, but I think the only reason that Icon for Hire are compared to them is the fact that they all have female vocalists, which seems a bit unfair and short-sighted. That's not to say fans of the likes of Paramore and Flyleaf won't like Icon for Hire. I almost guarantee that they will, as I do. However, as much as Icon for Hire belong to the genre of alternative rock with punky motifs, they very much have their own sound and style which is both marvellous and refreshingly unique and original.

I really cannot recommend these guys enough. The vocals of lead singer, Ariel, are truly awesome and the riffs and beats are explosive. If they continue the way they're going, I predict it won't be long until the whole world knows their name. I'm just glad to have had the opportunity to discover them while they're still beginning. And for less than 10 euro, this album is an absolute steal. So do yourself a favour and give them a go. I'll be shocked if you regret it! Stand out tracks for me include "Up in Flames", "Theatre", "Fight" and "Make a Move." Although it would be as easy and truthful to say that they're all standout tracks!

Scripted
Scripted by Icon For Hire (Audio CD - 2013)