Format: Audio CD|Change

on 22 November 2011
This was disapointing...a handful of tracks are excellent, but the rest lacked "living music" seeming instead to be big band/concert orchestra offerings. It will sell, as presents to relations who are fans,but will disapoint many of us who expect that bit extra in presentation and arrangement. Buy the D.V.D. Wiener Festwalzer instead, it is excellent..why could this not have been issued as a C.D..the music is fantastic! The disc lacks vibrant presentation, and is not what we have come to expect from this amazing musician and his orchestra!! Why do we now have a digially re-mastered Christmas D.V.D. "newly released"? I think Queen Victoria would not have been amused!
on 29 November 2011
Expecting the usual high standard, I could find nothing on the dvd to lead me to expect subtitles, and the length of the dvd was much shorter than I expected for a Christmas gift. If I had been aware of this I certainly would not have bought it.
on 14 November 2011
Excellent service from Amazon,as usual, fast delivery and great price [£7-19] as I pre-ordered some time ago. I particularly enjoy Swan Lake, We'll meet again and Are you lonesome tonight. Very disappointed that the dvd will not play on our H.D. television. We had the same problem with Forever Vienna, but not with the dvd that came with the last cd. I have watched it on my computer and ,although it's great, it does not appear to be the whole dvd as advertised on the A.R. website. I would hesitate to buy from his website because it does not specify the format. Perhaps Amazon will stock in the future.
on 17 November 2011
Disappointed in that the DVD is in German but the English subtitles are only partly readable. The first line is shown but the rest is below the screen. I switched it off because it was quite irritating not to be able to follow what was being said.
on 25 November 2011
The DVD and CD are up to the usual high standard. But note that the DVD is a preview of the concert in Vienna and not the whole concert which is also available. As for subtitles not being displayed properly. The answer to this is that the TV needs to be reset. I had this problem and resetting was the answer.
on 13 July 2012
This has got to be the most over rated CD I have ever bought. They are always raving about it on Classic FM but why? I was expecting a track by Anthony Hopkins and a selection of Viennese waltzes. Instead we get Edelweiss, Are You Lonesome Tonight, Singing in the rain, We'll meet again etc. It was bought as a present for my wife who listened to it once. The track by Anthony Hopkins makes it just worth buying at bargain price. Andre Rieu in the new Mantovani only not quite as good!

Ralph Armsby
on 13 November 2011
I thoroughly enjoyed the CD of "And The Waltz Goes On". Actually one of his best. However I settled down some days later to watch the DVD and heard Cliff Richard singing "Please don't tease" through my speaker system. I thought something wrong with my system. Checked everything, put on another DVD and all was well with that. Put the alledged DVD into my CD player and low and behold it has turned from a DVD into a CD of 50's hits of some 30 tracks. Very nice but I already have enough CD's of the 50's and 60's. The label is correct and says Andre Rieu DVD. Wonder if its worth a fortune???? Anyone else had this problem??
44 comments|22 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 1 March 2012
I bought this as an xmas present for my mum who is a huge AR fan however she was very disappointed not to be able to play the DVD. I saw from other reviews that this seemed to be a rather common problem however I have managed to solve it. I wont go into all the technical details (in truth I don't understand them myself) but all you have to do is delete all the TV programs that you have set to record on your dvd player (not the ones you have already recorded only the ones that are waiting) and hey presto your dvd should play. Good luck
on 23 November 2011
Another superb CD with a great variety of beautifully arranged tracks. Rieu excels again. DVD excellent and an absolute bonus.
on 1 December 2011
Bit of a disappointment,this one.A real bitser.Unlike previous Andre dvds,this one isn't an audio visual feast.
It is a longggg promo dvd!
Knowing the excellence of previous Rieu productions I've no hesitation marking this one down.
If you are an Andre fan much of the stuff on this disc will be familiar to you.