4.0 out of 5 stars Great C.D, pity about the D.V.D
Published on 14 Nov 2011 by Sheila H

2.0 out of 5 stars Living music lost
Published on 22 Nov 2011 by older gamer

2.0 out of 5 stars Living music lost, 22 Nov 2011
older gamer "Ancient oarsperson" (Portsmouth Hampshire England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: And the Waltz Goes On (Audio CD)
This was disapointing...a handful of tracks are excellent, but the rest lacked "living music" seeming instead to be big band/concert orchestra offerings. It will sell, as presents to relations who are fans,but will disapoint many of us who expect that bit extra in presentation and arrangement. Buy the D.V.D. Wiener Festwalzer instead, it is excellent..why could this not have been issued as a C.D..the music is fantastic! The disc lacks vibrant presentation, and is not what we have come to expect from this amazing musician and his orchestra!! Why do we now have a digially re-mastered Christmas D.V.D. "newly released"? I think Queen Victoria would not have been amused!

2.0 out of 5 stars disappointment, 29 Nov 2011
This review is from: And the Waltz Goes on (Audio CD)
Expecting the usual high standard, I could find nothing on the dvd to lead me to expect subtitles, and the length of the dvd was much shorter than I expected for a Christmas gift. If I had been aware of this I certainly would not have bought it.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great C.D, pity about the D.V.D, 14 Nov 2011
This review is from: And the Waltz Goes On (Audio CD)
Excellent service from Amazon,as usual, fast delivery and great price [£7-19] as I pre-ordered some time ago. I particularly enjoy Swan Lake, We'll meet again and Are you lonesome tonight. Very disappointed that the dvd will not play on our H.D. television. We had the same problem with Forever Vienna, but not with the dvd that came with the last cd. I have watched it on my computer and ,although it's great, it does not appear to be the whole dvd as advertised on the A.R. website. I would hesitate to buy from his website because it does not specify the format. Perhaps Amazon will stock in the future.

5.0 out of 5 stars The DVD is a bonus!, 23 Nov 2011
Richard Clist (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: And the Waltz Goes On (Audio CD)
Another superb CD with a great variety of beautifully arranged tracks. Rieu excels again. DVD excellent and an absolute bonus.

1.0 out of 5 stars I won't waltz but I will-quadrille....., 1 Dec 2011
Dr.Trevor - See all my reviews
This review is from: And the Waltz Goes On (Audio CD)
Bit of a disappointment,this one.A real bitser.Unlike previous Andre dvds,this one isn't an audio visual feast.
It is a longggg promo dvd!
Knowing the excellence of previous Rieu productions I've no hesitation marking this one down.
If you are an Andre fan much of the stuff on this disc will be familiar to you.

3.0 out of 5 stars disappointed with DVD, 17 Nov 2011
Sophie (Fife, Scotland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: And the Waltz Goes On (Audio CD)
Disappointed in that the DVD is in German but the English subtitles are only partly readable. The first line is shown but the rest is below the screen. I switched it off because it was quite irritating not to be able to follow what was being said.

5.0 out of 5 stars A pity that the DVD is only a preview and not the whole concert., 25 Nov 2011
This review is from: And the Waltz Goes On (Audio CD)
The DVD and CD are up to the usual high standard. But note that the DVD is a preview of the concert in Vienna and not the whole concert which is also available. As for subtitles not being displayed properly. The answer to this is that the TV needs to be reset. I had this problem and resetting was the answer.

2.0 out of 5 stars mix up in items bought., 13 Nov 2011
This review is from: And the Waltz Goes On (Audio CD)
I thoroughly enjoyed the CD of "And The Waltz Goes On". Actually one of his best. However I settled down some days later to watch the DVD and heard Cliff Richard singing "Please don't tease" through my speaker system. I thought something wrong with my system. Checked everything, put on another DVD and all was well with that. Put the alledged DVD into my CD player and low and behold it has turned from a DVD into a CD of 50's hits of some 30 tracks. Very nice but I already have enough CD's of the 50's and 60's. The label is correct and says Andre Rieu DVD. Wonder if its worth a fortune???? Anyone else had this problem??

1.0 out of 5 stars Waltz?? Goes on?, 13 July 2012
R. Armsby (Yorkshire, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: And the Waltz Goes On (Audio CD)
This has got to be the most over rated CD I have ever bought. They are always raving about it on Classic FM but why? I was expecting a track by Anthony Hopkins and a selection of Viennese waltzes. Instead we get Edelweiss, Are You Lonesome Tonight, Singing in the rain, We'll meet again etc. It was bought as a present for my wife who listened to it once. The track by Anthony Hopkins makes it just worth buying at bargain price. Andre Rieu in the new Mantovani only not quite as good!

Ralph Armsby

1.0 out of 5 stars CD that doesn't work, 16 April 2012
This review is from: And the Waltz Goes On (Audio CD)
I purchased this CD a while ago- but didn't open it until recently to find that one of the 2CDs simply does not work, but now it is too late to return. Although it arrived on time and was packaged well there is not much point in this if the product is of no use to me.

And the Waltz Goes On
And the Waltz Goes On by André Rieu (Audio CD - 2011)