5.0 out of 5 stars Just the job
I bought one of these to allow me to boot up and configure a range of Linux boxes, but in particular a Raspberry Pi.

It works very well - just the job to avoid dragging full-size keyboards and mice all around the rooms to plug in. And it hides itself neatly in my backpack that goes everywhere with me,

Now to find a relatively cheap 7" monitor with...
Published on 16 Nov. 2012 by Smot

1.0 out of 5 stars UNUSUABLE
Published 21 months ago by D. Herrera

5.0 out of 5 stars Just the job, 16 Nov. 2012
This review is from: iPazzPort Pro Mini 2.4Ghz RF Mini Wireless Keyboard Backlit With Multi Touchpad Laser Pointer for Google Android TV HTPC PC Windows 8 (Personal Computers)

Now to find a relatively cheap 7" monitor with VGA, DVI and HDMI sockets.....

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent as a remote control for PCs but too small for common use., 14 April 2013
I use this keyboard with a Windows 7 PC that works as media station connected to a LCD flat TV and the stereo. For this purpose this device is perfect because can substitute the traditional wireless keyboard and mouse using the space of a traditional remote control.

It works without problems from a distance about 4/5 meters and its battery could be recharged by USB connection avoiding annoying battery replacements as it happened with my old wireless keyboard and mouse. Also, the device enters in sleep mode when is not used for a while precisely to extend battery life that can last several days. (I still didn't dry it)

The media buttons included work fine with the standard windows media player and other programs that use the same controls. That's very useful to me as I can pause, restart, fast forward, rewind and change volume without to press the player buttons on the screen. I even keep the TV switched off when playing music.

The backlight feature is also extremely useful when watching movies at night as you haven't to switch on the lights to find the proper keys.

At the moment I don't use the laser pointer included but it could be very useful too if you are going to use this keyboard to control powerpoint presentations.

But as the keyboard (and touchpad) is extremely small, (it fits in your palm hand), I found it not useful as a regular keyboard and I think it has to be used exclusively for its original purpose as remote control for media stations or presentations. (That's why I don't give it a 5 stars)

The provider service has been impeccable. They sent the item on time and I received it as expected. They contacted me later by e-mail asking for my satisfaction and offering a contact e-mail in case of trouble, that fortunately doesn't happened.

Hope it helps you to take the proper decision...

1.0 out of 5 stars UNUSUABLE, 14 Aug. 2013
D. Herrera "MIGHTYMAGNIFICENT" (edinburgh) - See all my reviews
This is the first review I have left on Amazon because I wanted to warn all about the touchpad problem with this device, very simply put it is unusable to the extent that you just want to through the device out of the window, it is very very unresponsive and almost impossible to move the cursor to where you want it to go. Thankfully Amazons refund is easy and so I purchased the Rii keyboard instead.

5.0 out of 5 stars Works well for controlling netbook connected to my TV, 17 April 2013
Mr. Brian J. Bates "bjb_tak" (London, UK) - See all my reviews
I purchased the WIRELESS (i.e not the Bluetooth) version of the Anker Handheld Keyboard. I wanted to be able to control a netbook that is plugged into my living room TV (for watching catchup TV) and have the ability to work it from the comfort of the sofa instead of having to rush over and click pause whenever the phone rang or "rewind" whenever we'd missed some important piece of dialogue.

I was a little hesitant after having read some other reviews suggesting that it doesn't work at even just a few feet away but I have to say I have been very impressed. My sofa is at around 10 feet (3 metres) from the netbook/TV and in my initial trials there have been no problems at all.

Installation and setup were a doddle: I plugged the wireless dongle into the USB port on the netbook, waited a short while for the automatic device driver installation, pressed a key on the remote and it just worked! My netbook is running Windows 7 Starter, and I have also tried it on a laptop with Windows Vista, a desktop with Windows 7 Professional and another desktop with Windows XP. Installation was painless and automatic in all cases, which makes a welcome change from having to manually install some software.

So what of the device itself? Well certainly my initial impressions are very good. It feels sturdy, well constructed and well thought out. It's remarkably light, and it's actually smaller than my regular TV remote. It also feels comfortable to use and the buttons, whilst small (obviously!), have good tactile feedback so you know when you've pressed them.

The ability to store the wireless dongle internally in the controller when in transit is great and prevents it getting lost. The supplied USB cable is well thought out as well: it replicates the USB port that it connects into as well as supplying a mini USB that is used to charge the device. This means it can remain permanently connected to the PC with the wireless dongle in one connector on the cable whilst leaving the mini USB available for charging the remote when its not in use. Very neat, and it reduces the wear on the port that would occur with continually removing and connecting the USB lead. If you prefer, the dongle can be attached to the PC directly (i.e. without the cable).

The laser pointer I can do without for my purposes, and I have already covered it with some black electrical tape before my two young sons "discover" it. I'll keep the unit out of their reach anyway but with the risk of blindness associated with such devices I don't feel that such things should be available to children any more than sharp knives. I would have preferred that there were a model available without this addition. However I can understand that whilst I don't need it, the device would serve well for presentations and I should add that the laser pointer does work well with the button located for a right-hand thumb or left-hand middle or index finger. Another neat feature is that by pressing a function button on the keyboard the orientation of the track pad can be changed so that in one-handed presentational use the mouse can be more easily operated. That had me confused at first when I unwittingly operated the button without looking in the user guide to see what it did.

Other features worthy of note are that the Enter key can be used with one of the two function ("Fn") buttons to perform the Ctrl-Alt-Delete three fingered salute. As one of these Fn buttons is located immediately beneath the Enter key, that means you can achieve it with just a single finger, which I think is a good thing. I don't think it's too likely you'd hit it by accident.
Having some dedicated keys for volume up, down and mute was a nice touch especially in the use I'm going to be putting it to, and one other pleasant feature is that there is a key to turn a back-light causing the keys to glow and making them much more usable with reduced lighting. If only my regular TV remote had that feature!

One small negative for the UK market is that the keyboard is the US layout. That's not a big deal to me as generally the layout is as per UK with a few exceptions with certain symbols. It may be confusing to some though. For example, on Windows with a UK keyboard layout configured, to get the characters £ # ~ " @ you would press keys marked # \ ~ @ " . The keyboard also doesn't show a € symbol but its achieved (as per a Windows PC) by pressing the right "Alt" key and 4. (I don't know what keys other OS's support) There may be other differences but those are the main ones. So this means you are pressing exactly the same keys as you would on a standard UK keyboard for the symbols in question: it's just that the key faces show the symbols from the US-layout.

As I said, that's not a big deal to me (and I'm not dropping any stars on my review as a result) but it's something you may need to be aware of before sending it back as "faulty". It would be nice if the unit sold in the UK had UK key faces but I'd imagine the market is a little too small for that just yet.

One final thing worthy of mention was that the "unconditional" warranty is for 18 months which is nice to see.

Overall then, I'm very impressed. I bought mine on Amazon for just under £20 and (although I have not tried any of the competition) at that price point I have no hesitation in recommending it. If in use I discover any issues that change my appraisal, I'll be sure to come back and let you know but for now, 5 stars!

5.0 out of 5 stars So Far, So Good!!, 13 July 2012
Pedro DB "ThePedroDB" (Londonderry, Northern Ireland) - See all my reviews
I bought this as a HTPC controller. I did a bit of research and was about to buy the Rii Mini when I saw a YouTube comparison with the iPazzport. I decided that the iPazzport was better than the Rii Mini for a few reasons;
1) The keyboard layout is much, much better for 'thumb typing' as there are repeated shift, Ctrl & Alt keys
2) The F1-F12 function keys require pressing of the Fn key to activate them and are combined with the numeric keys. This is good, as it frees up the top row of keys on the keyboard for mainly media controls. Easy access to these media keys is ideal for my HTPC use
3) Aesthetically, the iPazzport looks better than the Rii Mini. The Rii Mini has a corner 'cut off' and looks odd in my opinion.

I bought from this seller based upon price - almost 50% of the cost from some other sellers and thus less of a gamble if the controller wasn't too good. They delivered promptly and within the delivery estimate. Well pacakaged. A good purchasing experience.

I've had the iPazzport about a week now and so far, so good. In fact, I'd say it's pretty close to perfect for what I want. Automatic driver installation on Win XP & Win 7 means it really is 'plug & play'. All keys function correctly. Backlighting (although brighter in some places than others) is great. Media controls (volume & mute) work perfectly. Vertical web page scrolling is best achieved with the 4-way button under the track pad. No issues with conflict with other wireless systems. I've used it from about 4m from the TV (guess how far the sofa is from the TV?) and it's been an absolute pleasure to use. I'm delighted with it. It feels quite light but is also pretty solid and at least as durable as any TV Remote controller.

Downsides? Actually, not really any. If I'm 'nit picking';
1) The multi-touch 2 & 3 finger gestures don't quite work as per the instructions but I discovered that horizontal scroll acts as a volume control in GOM Player (which is my media player of choice). Bonus!
2) Touching the trackpad doesn't wake the unit from 'auto sleep mode' - no real drama as clicking the Fn key is convenient and does the job.

The advert photos show a wrist lanyard and a rather large USB dongle. The advert description doesn't mention the lanyard and you don't get one. The USB dongle is much smaller and fits inside a blanking plug which itself fits back into the unit and fills the storage hole. Very nice and much better than a big gaping hole in the unit.

Can't comment on battery life yet. The initial charge showed 'full' after a couple of hours but I left it for closer to 8 hours to be on the safe side. No signs of needing a recharge as yet.

A great unit at a great price, delivered in 5 days. One of the best gadgets I've bought in ages. Try one for yourself, I don't think you'll be disappointed!

2.0 out of 5 stars Keyboard is fine / Touchpad pretty bad, 15 Aug. 2013
Received the wireless version a few days ago.

Positives.

Plugged in wireless dongle (included)into my mini Android PC and was recognized right away
Keyboard is small board I was able to type pretty well with it. Sometimes I hit a letter and it appeared twice but that's no big deal.
Laser option, nice for presentations if needed
Backlight nice if you use it in the dark
Volume up/down, Play/Pause/Rewind buttons worked well with the Youtube App which is very handy

Negatives

My Touchpad is pretty bad.

Very difficult to navigate the mouse pointer to where you want to get to but you will eventually get there.
More annoying is the fact that when I moved the mouse it clicked on random links when the mouse pointer was above them. As an example the link I wanted to click was top right and the mouse pointer bottom left and there are a few links in between. When trying to get the mouse pointer to your target (as I said not that easy in the first place) and you went over another link sometimes it just clicks it. So then you have to go back to where you were and start over again hoping it doesn't click another link on your way to the one you actually want. One time it clicked 3 links before I actually got to the one I wanted.

I know some people reported issues with the touchpad while it seems to work great for other people. Will try to exchange it and if not possible to go with a competitor product.

I know Anker does make good products. Bought a battery for my Samsung S2 and S3 before and they worked great.

5.0 out of 5 stars What can't it do?, 18 April 2013
I was looking for a suitably compact keyboard for the Raspberry Pi I recently bought and this one seemed to tick all the boxes:
* It's compact - ie, really small.
* Internal lithium battery
* The price is really keen at under £20, free post.

Having just received it, I couldn't wait until I got home to test it, so opened the packaging instantly, and flicked on the power switch (who needs instructions...). For every click of the keys or even brushing the touchpad, the blue light at the top left flickers acknowledgement. This could get annoying, but for now I'll let it pass. It didn't take long to find the concealed usb wireless receiver - ingeniously hidden under the front of the unit and even with it's own cover once you get it out. Plugging that into a sluggish XP computer at work, it only took a few seconds to install default drivers and it was working away faultlessly. As far as typing on a keyboard like this, you're probably not going to want to write your autobiography, but it's more than adequate for a couple of thumbs or some 'adjusted' touch-typing. Disappointly the keyboard is not of the British style, so no pound sign above the 2. Other than that it works surprisingly well, and the touchpad even accepts gentle taps instead of needing to press the left-mouse-button key.

Beyond basic keyboard/mouse functionality, this box of tricks has a lot more to offer. For starters, it has an optional backlight for the keys (by pressing the 'star' key at the top) which bathes everything in an orange glow. Next, there's the laser pointer, which has a button at the bottom of the keyboard, which in one handed operation is easily pressed with the thumb. Finally, remember it's battery powered - it seems to have a reasonable charge out of the box (but no way of telling how much) and comes with an unusual pass-through usb charger lead.

Anker is a relatively new company (started in 2008 by ex Google employees, according to their website) but their technical expertise shows in this device which is solid and full of features, and all for a pocket-sized price.

To summarise:
Pros - tiny, cheap, feature-packed, solid feel.
Cons - fiddly keys (but then what do you expect at that size), no other country options for the keyboard layout, crazy blue disco led.

Can't wait to actually try it with the Pi, and still on the lookout for a screen that's as good value as this keyboard seems...

2.0 out of 5 stars Handy little device, 6 April 2013
G. O. Purvis (UK) - See all my reviews
I bought this little keyboard due in part to a new job which involves attending to print queue machines (attached to photocopiers) that are devoid of everything except a monitor so a keyboard/track pad combo proved ideal. This looked the part as it was small enough to simply slip into a pocket and could be used when attending to these machines.

The keyboard itself is actually a lot better in use than I had expected with nice feedback in the key presses (a good resounding click) and with a bit of use I can get up a good rate of typing. As has been mentioned there's no pound sign but for me this is of little note, the bigger issue is that " and @ are on the wrong keys (reversed basically) though it isn't too bad as long as I remember. The track pad itself, for me at least, is next to useless (to some degree I think it's me as I have issues with track pads on laptops as well) to get it working at all I have to give it a darn good jab and when it does work it can be a tad hyper sensitive in double clicking when you don't want it to (I just use it with a wireless Microsoft Arc mouse). The last feature of the keyboard, the laser pointer, well I really don't like these things anyway and in this day and age I can't say I see the point in them (I've used electrical tape to cover the emitter).

Overall I really rather like it as it does the job that I bought it for at a price that I can easily accept (and it saves me pounding up and down four floors to get a keyboard and mouse out of a class room).

Edit - When it worked it worked well (the keyboard anyway, the touch pad remained as useless), then one day nada, nothing, zip, just stopped working and nothing could get it working.

4.0 out of 5 stars A solid device for the price, 9 April 2013
While obviously not a device intended for heavy use, the Anker Mini Wireless Keyboard is neigh-on ideal for anyone looking for something that enables them to perform quick, simple actions on a given computer from a distance (such as if you have a computer hooked up to your TV).

In terms of proportions, there's little to fault. Not much bigger than a standard TV or DVD player remote control, it's small enough to be able to be kept close to hand when it's needed, without cluttering up the place when it's not. Nor does the USB dongle which connects it wirelessly to the device of your choosing stick out excessively, and can - rather handily - be stored within the device when not in use.

Nevertheless, these diminutive proportions haven't come at the expense of ease of use. The keys are generally big enough to use comfortably for simple tasks. And while it goes without saying that it's not suitable for bashing out reams of text in Word, it is ideal for firing off a quick Tweet or slapping a URL in a browser address bar.

Furthermore, battery life is solid, while range is also good - as a result, you can happily use it while slouched out on the sofa.
If there is one criticism worth noting, it's the mouse touchpad, which does seem to fall foul of the device's small size. However, this shouldn't be viewed as a deal breaker - and provided you only intend it for light use, its functionality and low-ish price point ensure it's a solid little device.

4.0 out of 5 stars Surprisingly good for controlling media PC or Tablet, 13 Dec. 2012
On my Android tablet the media keys work and the custom key functions as the options key.
On PC with win or linux the keyboard works fine (though only with US keyboard, but $ signs are fairly rare).

The keys have a good feel and click. he light is adequate to use it in the dark. There are alt,ctrl & shift keys on both the left and right side so you can use both thumbs while typing.

The touchpad is OK and the scroll strip is brilliant. The laserpointer works.

I tried one of those gyroscopic things first, but I prefer this one.