on 17 April 2013
I bought this to use with a Series 6 Samsung Smart TV as I couldn't put up with the awful display-based keyboard on the TV itself. It works fine without using the supplied USB dongle and is picked up by the TV as a bluetooth keyboard (turning it off and on once while the TV was scanning for devices helped it get picked up by the TV). The keyboard and mousepad both work just fine. The scroll area at the bottom of the mouse pad is really useful for scrolling windows. The keys have a nice positive click and they've managed to squeeze in all the usual ones (take a close look at the picture). The keys have an orange backlight, which you can toggle on and off with one of the keys (I read in some of the documentation that it had "24 DAZZLING BACKLIGHT LEDS" - well, don't worry about being "DAZZLED", but they're easily bright enough). The battery life seems fine so far. It's more or less the same size as a remote control, so it doesn't look out of place or clutter up your sofa. It's also very light which does make it feel a bit cheap, but which you realise is actually a good thing once you've been using it for 10 minutes. As with other comments, I wouldn't want to write an essay on it, let alone War & Peace, but that's not what it's for. It's a nicely layed out and handy keyboard, more than up to the job of typing a few emails or browsing the web. I would say for around 20 quid it's a bargain, with a laser pointer thrown in, which I too am going to have to disconnect to stop my kids blinding themselves. Finally, make sure you get the correct version - Bluetooth or Wireless. I ordered the wrong one originally.
on 10 April 2013
Having searched long and hard for something that would allow me to remotely control my Kindle Fire HD wirelessly when viewing content on my Sony Bravia TV via HDMI, it came as quite a relief to discover that this neat little keyboard/remote actually does the job brilliantly!

All of the android shortcuts and just about all of the other function keys work just as they are supposed to, so that I can now easily do things like:

- mute and change volume
- pause/play films, music and audiobooks
- skip forward or back to the next track or chapter
- open option menus with the dedicated square/arrow symbol key
- type quickly and easily into search boxes
- go back with the arrow pointing left key
- go directly to the home screen with the home button
- scroll around pages with the four cursor buttons and tab key etc...

...it's worth noting that one or two of the very rarely used symbol keys produce unexpected characters and that there is no £ sign, although when the # key is used within Amazon shopping pages, it appears!

Lastly, though and by no means least, in complete contradiction to what the manufacturer states - THE MOUSE AND TOUCH PAD DOES WORK! This means that when connected, a cute little blue arrow magically appears on the screen, which is responsive and accurate, just as you would expect from a good laptop.

So, in conclusion, I now have complete control over my Kindle Fire HD & TV from the comfort of my sofa with the help of this really well thought out little gem of an item. Couldn't be more pleased with it.
on 20 July 2012
I used the keyboard to type this review.
I bought this somewhat out of desperation, mostly out of being cheap. I wasn't going to spend the money for a Bluetooth keyboard and mouse that Apple wanted, nor did I want to have to have my sofa cluttered up like that.
In short, it not only works well, but it exceeded my expectations by miles. (It also exceeds my ability to read the tiny text on the big screen from the corner of my sectional, but that is a good thing on its account.) Granted, I was expecting a piece of cheap Chinese afterthought electronics, but it ended up so much more.
The keys work very well, and have a nice, positive click when you hit them. The touch pad is excellent, and gets the job done.
Good battery life, excellent sleepmode feature to conserve battery.
It also comes with a mini-Bluetooth dongle. That in and of itself will often go for the price of the whole unit. It slips neatly into the side of the case for convenient storage if you don't need it at the moment.
Would I want to write War & Peace on it? Not on your life. But for editing movie titles, clearing error pop-ups, and generally operating a media center PC, it is fantastic.
The blacklight and laser work great, but laser is a waste of battery power in my application. I'll probably plug it to keep my boys from blinding one another.
Other than that, it paired easily and just plain works. Automatically reconnects when i open and close laptop or when you turn the unit off and on.
This is the ultimate media center PC remote for when the Mac Mini little white infrared minimalist remote will not suffice. I give a hearty thumbs up!
on 16 August 2013
Using it for my Samsung Smart TV. Unfortunately cannot use it with the TV's YouTube app as that app uses it's own keyboard interface that can't be used with this keyboard. Most of the TV's apps use the default interface which does work with this keyboard.
Took quite a lot of attempts to get it to connect to TV. You need to enter the TV PIN and hit 'Enter' button straight away.
The charging port is Mini USB (like a PS3 Controller), why didn't they use a Micro USB charger so that you can use a majority of mobile phone charges for this keyboard? Now I have to use a separate lead for charging.
Cannot permanently turn off built in laser pointer feature - That could be dangerous in a childs hand. I will mask it off with electrical tape
on 27 August 2013
Great product, just the right size to fit in your pocket and doesn't take up too much desk space. Smaller than a TV remote. Touchpad works just like how you'd expect a touch pad on a laptop to work but the scroll feature is left to right and not up and down but you get used to it really fast. Takes around 10 to 30 seconds to load up and start in the background on my windows 7 PC on the log in screen once booted but very responsive once its on. Kinda awkward to hold but works fine once your used to it. Would be better if it was more like a blackberry shape rather than a long rectangle but once you use it a few times its pretty fast to type with.
on 30 September 2012
When this arrived it met my expectations in size and weight which was exactly what I was wanting. The main purpose for this device was to control my HTC ONE X phone. It connected straight away ( no Bluetooth stack issues).

* The keypad was the nicest surprise, I wasn't really intending to use it but it works like any normal keypad, Double tap is left click; when you start to track on the key pad a mouse pointer appears on the screen and isn't to laggy either.
* So people have mentioned about the missing £ sign, well that's true but it isn't an issue for me to be honest.
* The keys feel good, nice click response and whilst holding down on a key you will be surprised at how fast its transmitting the information.
* Back light is descent enough.
* Charging is fine and comes with supplied cables.
* Bluetooth dongle is already inserted.
* It reconnects to my phone each time I turn it on, which was the one issue I for saw but thankfully this isn't the case.

All in all it is a descent product from a good seller and when showing my work colleagues they seem to be getting one too in the very near future.
on 12 January 2013
Firstly it arrived 2 days earlier than I was expecting, which is fantastic and it's a saturday so I get the whole weekend to give it a good testing out and play around with it.

Pros: Fairly simple to setup with my Galaxy s3, works at a distance of atleast ten meters (although I should have used a larger device so I could see the screen from so far away), the feel of the buttons is great its nice to have a proper click instead of a constant touch screen, touchpad is remarkably responsive, backlit keys is a great touch and I love that it came fully charged so I can use it straight away.

Cons: no pound sign on the keyboard as its an american format however my devices are all setup to use uk format and so some of the keys aren't necessarily what they say written on them (for example to use the @ sign is not button 2 but the same button I would use on a normal keyboard), secondly my windows 7 laptop didn't recognise it straight away and had to try setup again but it then worked straight off, although I'm yet to try it with windows xp or 8.

So in other words so far i've found 5 pros and 2 sort of cons, Fairly obvious which one takes it. Personally I don't find the keys being different a problem, it's only 1 or 2 and it means that after using it a few times I've gotten used to it and still have all the keys I want, including a £ sign which I have managed to get by using shift 3 despite that being listed as the hash key.

Additionally I love the build quality, the weight and the size. It's a bit awkward to start with but my hands seem to be already used to it and although it won't be used for typing massive letters I think that I could at a push. I intend to hook my laptop up to my tv in place of a dvd/bluray player so its going be great being able to sit back and not have to get up every time I want to pause it.

Conclusion: Absolutley fantastic definitely worth the money and I would certainly recommend this product to anyone.

NB. The laser pointer was a nice additional feature and has certainly provided my dog with several hours of entertainment as she chases the light round the room.
on 9 January 2013
I ordered this product as I use my desktop PC as a media player (has HDMI link to my main TV) before this I was using a software based remote on my mobile, however there was an element of latency when just wanting to pause a video etc.

After it arrived (a day earlier than estimated!) I plugged in the supplied Bluetooth dongle and Windows 8 had picked up the dongle within about 10 seconds, after this the synchronisation process was very simple, switch the device on and hold the BT button until it flash, then detect devices from the PC, you are asked to punch in a code onto the bluetooth keyboard and press enter...

You then have a working keyboard and track-pad at your disposal, I could not get over how quickly and easily the thing was set up and working.

The size is good, it's similar to a smart phone in size so is very handy to hold.

The track-pad was surprising well calibrated (it looked like you would have to scroll 10,000 times, but this works very well.

Personally i found the volume and multimedia keys very helpful I was able to play/pause and skip tracks in VLC media player using these buttons

The keys are nicely spaced and feels a lot nicer than using a touch screen, it also gives a 0 latency solution for controlling you PC, without using a ridiculous amount of power exactly what i wanted From the device.

Also tested this with a Samsung Galaxy S2 (ICS) and a windows 7 pro machine, works very well with both.

Does have a US keyboard so lacks the £ symbol, however personally for web-surfing/multimedia can't see this being an issue.

the keyboard itself has an very low weight, the laser pointer i can imagine being useful for someone using this for presentation purposes (or if you have a cat or young child, of which i have both!).

I would recommend this product to anyone after a micro cordless keyboard
on 28 June 2013
I originally gave this a couple of stars as although the unit seemed well designed and built, I couldn't get it working reliably with my PC. This was my original comment in full...

"I thought it looked great, and certainly feels more substantial than I had imagined. But the one I had simply didn't work properly... which is a great shame. First of all, it took three goes to get it paired with the PC. After that - although it always appeared to be connected - I only twice got it to actually work. Most of the time it just failed to do anything.

And the backlit keyboard never showed itself - which possibly suggests this was a faulty unit. I would have been more than happy to get a replacement, but the only option the Amazon site offered was a refund... which was a shame because I am left wondering if I had just been unlucky"

Since that comment Anker contacted me to ask for more details. They then supplied a new unit - and this works very well indeed. The backlit function is a godsend given how we use these things and the device is very responsive and compact. I am very impressed not only with the product but the service from these guys was exceptional - very polite and prompt... refreshing to see.
on 6 January 2014
This mini Bluetooth keyboard is far better than other mini keyboards that I have had. It works great with my laptop, Android mobile phone and the Virgin Tivo box. The keys are hard, click nicely and feel good compared to mini keyboards with rubber keys. The touch pad is responsive enough for me and you will get used to using it after only a short while. I am using this mini keyboard instead of my laptop keyboard which has a fault on the connector and cannot be replaced. This keyboard has been good enough to use full time until I get around to purchasing another laptop. I have been using this for around two months and its fine for what I do. If you want to play games or write endless numbers of long babbling emails then buy a full size keyboard. The battery has never run out while I have been using the keyboard. I just pop it on charge every couple of days. The blue light on the keyboard that lights up every time you press a key can be annoying and distracting but is of little consequence. The back lighting for the keys is bright enough to make the keys readable in the dark and can be turned on and off. Overall this is a good product for the price and can be connected to many different devices by use of Bluetooth.