5.0 out of 5 stars A wonderful introduction to the character, 10 Sep 2011
This review is from: Becoming Quinn (A Jonathan Quinn Novel Book 0) (Kindle Edition)
Brett Battles' character of Jonathan Quinn has always been a great twist on the traditional thriller protagonist, and both new readers and old fans will be delighted by this glimpse into Quinn's formation. You don't need to be familiar with the series to read this - in fact, it makes a wonderful introduction to the character and his abilities as he discovers them for himself.

Although this is labelled a novella, I know authors whose full-length work doesn't stretch much further than the 57,000 words of this tale. Battles uses the form to its best advantage, keeping the story tight and the pace rapid, while still rounding out and developing his characters. Great fun and highly recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 7 Aug 2012
Roland Hill - See all my reviews
LOve the Brett Battles "Quinn" series books, and this short story is a great intro to the series. Absolutely brilliant

4.0 out of 5 stars Loved it, 12 April 2012
I bought his book The Cleaner for 50p in a charity shop. Loved that so this was an obvious choice next.
Well written and a page turner which is what I like when reading a book.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great introduction to the character and the series, 29 Jan 2012
Nick Brett (Wiltshire, England) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 500 REVIEWER)
This is rather good and great example of the way the Kindle can be used. Here Brett Battles gives us a meaty story that explains how a rookie cope became Quinn, the "cleaner". This is a well written and lengthy introduction to the Cleaner series and will appeal to existing fans and people who want a flavour.
I really enjoyed it, especially the nice touch at the end where he selects his 'name'. Fast paced, action packed and rather good.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good story, 9 Aug 2014
I did like this book. It started a little slow but that may have been me trying to understand what was going on but I didn't have to wait long as the book zipped along and before I knew it I had finished it. It was a little rushed at the end. Also there were a few instances where certain characters just knew things through luck i.e out of the whole country the assassin knew that they were holed up in a cabin that they had previously used years ago???

Apart from a few of those the story was enjoyable and I would carry on and read the rest of the series.

4.0 out of 5 stars A late beginning, 4 July 2014
This is the first in the series I've read and it moves along in a lively fashion. Since I'm way behind the curve with the Quinn books, this is a prequel, all I can say is that I enjoyed reading the story and may try another, although Quinn presented me with no special incentive to follow his doings rather than those of the many other fictional characters of his ilk. Perhaps he stands out more in his mature later adventures.

5.0 out of 5 stars Becoming Quinn, 20 Jun 2014
Excellent read, have enjoyed all the Jonathan Quinn books and it was good to find out how it all began.

5.0 out of 5 stars Becoming Quinn by Brett Battles, 1 Feb 2014
Thoroughly enjoyed the book at last I know the background to how he started and how he got his adopted name

5.0 out of 5 stars Great story - a real page-turner, 2 Jun 2013
First of Brett Battles' books I've read. Having read the synopsis on Amazon, I realised how it was going to end, but this didn't spoil the enjoyment of a well-written story of the shadowy world of legal "termination" and "cleaning" which obviously exists. The characters were realistic and the action was non-stop. One of the best stories I've come across since the birth of my Kindle.

5.0 out of 5 stars My first Quinn,definately not my last, 23 Mar 2013
This was the first book I read on my new Kindle. I read it on holiday and I finished it in 2 days !!. A great read with brilliant characters. I will be visiting Quinn again soon.