Colour: Black|Size: 14.5 inch|Change

on 29 October 2013
I would love this product but it arrived with a label on saying please remove - which I did and it left a glue mark, which I washed off and managed to remove the coloured film that surrounds the glass! This is not made from rainbow glass but a glass bottle coved in rainbow film. The whole effect is now ruined. But it has now been exchanged and when it's running it is really relaxing and great fun. Excellent exchange service.
on 21 November 2012
Lovely light, great gift for that hard to buy for son of mine! Also £10 more expensive in John Lewis
on 1 October 2012
The lamp is relatively well priced however the light is very warm (yellowish) rather than white like in the photo which is what I wanted. What you see in the image has been desaturated (color saturation was removed for a clean aesthetic effect). I would have preferred if the seller provided more accurate photo representation of the item. The wax is dark purple rather than black which I don't actually mind that much.
on 20 January 2014
I rate this a five star came very quickly easy to assemble and when light up it looks amazing got it for my room which is light blue and it lights it up just nicely it is amazing to watch would recommend this to everyone and light bulb I got with it still work's but got a spare just in case so don't think about it buy it it will never do you wrong.
on 7 January 2014
Was very surprised with this purchase. When I opened it it looked dull and uninteresting and I thought I would prefer the standard lava lamp but it is lovely when lit and the glitter pieces really light up.
on 1 November 2012
OK so it's cheap but you get what you pay for.

Base is sturdy enough just looks really cheap and a little tacky.

Pay a little extra and get a better quality lamp in my opinion.
on 19 May 2013
My son is 11 and loves this light and the colours change gradually so they blend into each other. Very relaxing.
on 21 December 2013
As another reviewer says after 5 minutes the spinner in the bottom of the bottle starts to rattle and you loose the tornado effect. The only way to start again is to switch off and back on again, this is actually mentioned in the instructions.

Have seen these in shop displays which I assume are on all day without a problem.

Update.

Have received a replacement and it's slightly different in design.The faulty one has a spinner that's a rectangle block about 3cm wide and the bottle is filled with stuff that looks like white foam.Think the problem is the white foam filling is to dense for the spinner and as it's only held in place by magnets it gets dislodged due to the force on the spinner.

The replacements spinner is round and has fins attached to the top, the bottle is filled with glitter instead of the foam material. The combination of the glitter and new spinner design means it can be left on all day without any problems.

Only issue now is the old design was silent although didn't last longer than a couple of minutes, new design has a constant rattle that quiet loud. TV noise would probably drown it out but if it was in a silent room I think it may get quite irritating.
on 7 December 2013
Bought this for a parent with Alzheimer's. Thought it would help attention span. The lamp is pretty when it works but does not even work five minutes before stopping. Switch off and restart is just too complicated for my parent. Other reviews do not mention this problem so perhaps I have a faulty one.
on 7 February 2016
I don't understand why there are so many negative reviews on this lava lamp. I bought the black and white one and the only thing I can say is that the colour isn't really black but a really concentrated red, but this is hardly noticeable. Would recommend it highly. I waited a month before writing this and it's still working like a charm.
review image