5.0 out of 5 stars greatest game of the year
I am a rare breed a gamer that is i am over 50 years old!!
since my son obtained bf3 i am unable to stop playing it racking up 108 hours already.
The game is so realistic and apart from a few irritations it really does have it all.
everytime you play you seem to unlock something good for the guns or vehicles your using, and the awards system is nice with...
Published on 30 Dec 2011 by Mr. Martin John Crabtree

3.0 out of 5 stars Fun, replayable but lacking punch
For the short version; the sound is fantastic, the graphics are as good as the trailers suggested and the gameplay is still pretty reasonable. However limits of these current generation consoles become apparent in several ways, with regular sound freezes and limited destructibility on larger maps, not to mention the multiplayer is still limited to a middling 12v12. With a...
Published 20 months ago by Old McGuffin

‹ Previous | 1 2 324 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars Battlefield 3 features the combined arms battles that made the series popular across single-player, co-operative and multiplayer, 19 Jan 2013
This review is from: Battlefield 3 (PS3) (Video Game)
It delivers scorching multiplayer, fitting of its decade-long pedigree of famously expansive big-team battles, but stumbles over a generic single-player campaign that feels like a different game.

While DICE may not deliver a memorable story here, it doesn't need to when Battlefield 3's online warfare raises every bar imaginable, delivering one of the best multiplayer experiences of the year. I doubt Battlefield purists will complain much about the campaign, honestly; I know you're enlisting in this battle to bring down entire armies online.

5.0 out of 5 stars BATTLEFIELD 3, 18 Jan 2013
GREAT GAME WOULD REC THIS GAME FOR ANYONE WITH PS3 REALLY GREAT GAME,
MUST HAVE IF YOU ARE INTO SHOOTING GAMES

5.0 out of 5 stars Goodbye Call of Duty.. Hello BF3, 9 Jan 2013
This review is from: Battlefield 3 (PS3) (Video Game)
Before I start, I must say that I've always liked the COD-MW franchise and eventhough I played BF-BC2, but it didn't really appeal to me. However, when I played this one, I fell in love with it right away. It is more realistic than COD in everyway!! starting with the sound effect and ending with the game play and the environment.
If you are not a team player and kinda do-it-all or Rambo-style, then definitely, this is NOT the game for you!! You need to stick to your team/squad (eventhough you still get plenty of noobs who think that they can manage on their own).

CONTROLS: pretty much the same as COD
CLASSES/Weapons: this is where the fun is, and where you can define your career/role, and get a unique set of weapons/gadgets. I personally prefer the Engineer (not only because of the RPG, but also because I like the fact that you can fix vehicles, helicopters, or wreck enemies' ones)
VEHICLES/JETS/CHOPPERS: personally I believe that this is the best part about BF3, you can just jump in a tank/jet/helicopter and just wreck everything around you.. however, it takes a while to master them. I love the helicopters and the jets, they are the best.. I played different jet games (Ace combat..etc) but this is by far the best. Oh and btw.. you can also unlock stuff for each particular vehicle/jet/helicopter..etc
MAPS: Are great, some are too big (especially if you have the premium edition which I highly recommend), and so balanced when it comes to vehicles/jets/choppers..etc.
SERVERS: great.. Unlike COD, you can actually search for servers and refine your search with maps, campaigns..etc (like Valve's counterstrike if you've ever played it)
CAMPAIGN: Looks good eventhough I haven't spend much time playing it.. I mean this is mainly an online game

To sum up.. This game is a great game if you like playing as part of a team and have a good internet connection. I still play COD (mainly splitscreen with my brothers, which you can't do with BF3).
I can see myself playing this game for months/years.. When I started playing it I used to spend 7-10hrs a day but now down to 2-4hours :)

One last advice... Pay the extra 10-20 to get the Premium edition as it is well-worth it (more and bigger maps, new vehicles/jets..etc, faster progression, more tags..etc), the premium edition gives you access to all the 5 expansion packs (each costs over 11 if you get them individually through the PSN). I bought the standard one thinking that I can buy the expansion packs later, but when I made the calculations, I found out that it will still be cheaper to buy the premium edition on the top of the standard one.

5.0 out of 5 stars Battlefield is good, 28 Nov 2011
Mrs. K. J. Atkin (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Battlefield 3 (PS3) (Video Game)
It's really good, but a lot different from COD. There are vehicles, which are an add-on and a variety of guns

5.0 out of 5 stars Outstanding FPS, 20 Dec 2011
This review is from: Battlefield 3 (PS3) (Video Game)
Back in my previous life, before I had children - actually scrub that - back when I had a life, and money for that matter (now I'm sounding bitter I know) I had a top spec PC. And I played Battlefield 2. A lot.

Many a night I played for hours, squading up with some great people online and generally having a blast. The sheer size, scope and playability of BF2 made it, for me, the most enjoyable game I've played in all my years of gaming (and I remember the days when Horace used to go skiing).

Alas, those days are now gone, my games room is now a nursery (there I go again) and my state of the art pc has been replaced with a PS3.

So it is, after 5 long years Battlefield 3 is finally here and I must say in some ways it's a lot better than I thought it would be on a console.

Yes, there's no 64 player mayhem, no commander and no commo rose... and no mouse and keyboard for lightening fast reactions. BUT... it still feels and plays like a Battlefield game should. Strategy and ingenuity has always been the staple of any Battlefield game... once spawned it's up to you (and your squad) to decide the best way of capturing and holding a flag using dozens of different approaches. This makes the game unique when compared to othe FPS (*must not mention the 'C' word, must not mention the 'C' word*)

The big maps sometimes feel a little sparse and sometimes the games are over too quickly but the new generation graphics do make up for some of these shortfalls when compared to BF2. The environments are lush and the destructibility aspect brings a whole new dimension to gameplay. Squad play/teamwork is almost non existent (perhaps some sort of dedicated mic servers would sort this?) but if you find the right clan/friends this can be overcome.

So on the whole, I'm enjoying my Battlefield experience again and I'd recommend this game to anyone who loves first person shooters with huge amounts of creative gameplay thrown in to mix things up a little.

5.0 out of 5 stars The best FPS of the year., 26 Dec 2011
This review is from: Battlefield 3 (PS3) (Video Game)
Teamwork, tactics and timing are the keys to success in BF3. With the new Frostbite 2.0 engine pushing the PS3's graphics to the limit DICE have achieved the target of creating a game better than COD. I've barely touched the single player campaign but I'm currently 96 hours into Multiplayer (Colonel 1) and still looking to push on. Battlefield has become the game that's made me stop playing COD (5th prestige Cod4, 4th WAW, 4th MW2, 7th BlOps, level 34 only on MW3)

5.0 out of 5 stars FREE ONLINE PASS FOR PS3 VERSION :), 7 Jan 2014
This review is from: Battlefield 3 (PS3) (Video Game)
Had this game for ages as it's pretty awesome for Xbox 360 but didn't want to pay for Xbox Live now it's full of adverts and basically gone down hill since Kinect and the crappy Metro interface...

Luckily the 'online pass' is now free to download for the PS3 version so i've jumped ship and 'PLAYING MULTIPLAYER ONLINE FOR FREE' - Goodbye Microsoft, your greed has lost you another customer !

Blah, blah, blah... 'but Xbox Live is a better service some may say' - To which i reply 'It's not free though'

Grab yourself a pre-owned copy a play for free with Sony !

4.0 out of 5 stars Battlefield 3 great game, 1 Oct 2013
This review is from: Battlefield 3 (PS3) (Video Game)
for anyone who like shooting/ army types game this is a great choice, and i it would recommend it to anyone.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great game for sure - BUT you no longer need to pay for online!, 24 July 2013
This review is from: Battlefield 3 (PS3) (Video Game)
I recently bought this great game, and judging by the amount of reviews, feel no need to give this great game an outstanding review.
HOWEVER, after reading many reviews decided to buy the game new, so I could play it online, as many were frustrated at having to buy the online pass. But when I looked at the store, I found that the online code has been listed as free! Which would have saved me 8! So buy it used folks!

5.0 out of 5 stars Battlefield game, 20 July 2013
This review is from: Battlefield 3 (PS3) (Video Game)
Good quality game, very realistic and good graphics and great for a person who likes shooter games, good good game

‹ Previous | 1 2 324 | Next ›

Battlefield 3 (PS3)
Battlefield 3 (PS3) by Electronic Arts (PlayStation 3)
14.86