5.0 out of 5 stars Best small tv I've seen
Published on 6 Sep 2011 by Steve Milner

3.0 out of 5 stars Rather disappointing TV
Published on 16 Feb 2012 by Ian H

5.0 out of 5 stars Best small tv I've seen, 6 Sep 2011
I needed a good quality, small tv for the guest room that we've just finished refurnishing. I was wary of spoling the overall effect by having a cheap and nasty tv that I've often encountered in b&b's and some hotel rooms, so had to make a good choice. My one worry about the 19BV501B was that no matter how hard I searched it was impossible to find a user review, so I took a leap of faith and did it the old fashioned way by respecting the manufacturer's reputation and staying within a set budget. On opening the package, my first impressions of the tv were reasuringly positive, even before I plugged it in and set it up. I found it well built, sturdy on its stand and the shiny black finish was very attractive. Automatic setup was simplicity itself, taking less than 5 minutes to search through the digital channels on freeview and present them on the channel directory. Picture quality is excellent, as is the sound quality and both can be fine tuned according to user preference. It's somewhat over-specced for a tv in a guest room which may not be used very often, but I know I have purchased exactly what I wanted, a small tv with excellent sound and picture quality that I would highly recommend.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful Product, 5 Nov 2011
Mr. Paul James SMITH (England) - See all my reviews
Bought this after buying the 19 inch version for the bedroom last week.

Both are superb pieces of kit, easily installed straight from the box. I was dreading conecting up the larger set to Sky Box. Nothing was easier! Half an hour from delivery and I was watching the set with Sky and all Freeview stations working.

Picture is truely excellent..... especially when you compare prices. Have yet to see a similar set in local dealers with anywhere as good a picture. All other similar sets appear much more expensive and set picture quality is dubious.

Sound is ideal for a small living room (like mine). Bigger rooms might need louder 'stronger' sound.

Well done Toshiba...... reputable name.... good product..... competitive price.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent little T.V, 22 Sep 2011
Bought this for the bedroom, (September 2011) as the football season is starting and I'm consigned to another room! Good picture quality and plenty of tools to personalise everything on it. A very good clear channel list and electronic programme guide. The sound is good for a small t.v. I did have trouble seeing all the 7 days programme guide, as some of the info. was not available but that could just be the ariel.It is very light and fits nicely on the wall, like most of the small t.v.'s if you look side-on the picture is distorted but full-on its great. Easy to set up, just confirm that you want to scan for programmes and it does the rest for you. In all, an excellent product for the money.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excelleant produc, 14 Sep 2011
Camembaert (Northamptonshire, UK.) - See all my reviews
We were looking to replace the analogue TV in our bedroom due to the switch over to digital. We wanted something small enough for the sapce available, but watchable from a distance as we sat in bed. Based on the only review of this product available on Amazaon we chose this item. We are delighted. It really is a good product. It looks nice, the picture quality is excellant and its very easy to use. Highly recommended!

4.0 out of 5 stars Good value product, 23 Nov 2011
Michelle Knight (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Toshiba 22BV501B 22-inch Widescreen HD Ready LCD TV with Freeview (Electronics)
I'll start with the only justifiable negative, the difficulty controlling the colour and contrast.

This unit is used in a home office. I wouldn't use it in a large living room because of the sound issues that previous reviewers have commented on; hence I eventually went for the 22" unit.

The TV happily accepts DVI from computers, used with a passive DVI/HDMI lead. It also works with my DVI selector box so I can get more computers attached to the TV's single HDMI input.

The scart unit seems to be happy taking everything I've thrown at it, and that includes my 30 year old BBC model B micro which has its RGB output resistor packed so it will work on SCART. A cheap scart selector box worked wonders.

The menu system is nice and simple and the remote control has nice, large buttons which are well labelled. This does make the remote longer than many, but I can't fault it for that.

I wouldn't call it the most pin sharp TV for computer use, but it is fine for the average console games. My Xbox is working well with it, but again I'm having a colour/contrast problem with my 3D high graphic content games that are on the PC. Maybe one day I'll manage to work out how to properly balance the settings.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great value, does exactly what I needed, 26 Sep 2011
I bought this to put in my shed so I can watch TV while riding my bike on the turbo trainer. Set-up couldn't have been simpler (didn't need to read the user manual), sound quality and volume are decent, picture is decent, not a single complaint. The Freeview works just great in the shed, in combination with the Philex indoor aerial, despite the fact I live in an area that has always had poor reception (this may be due to the digital switchover, as I have been using a Sky dish with Freesat for the 3 years prior to the switchover). For [] pounds, you simply can't beat this for good value. I'm just about to order the 22" version for my guest bedroom. Delivery was within 24 hrs using regular delivery. I have always bought Samsung in the past and been very happy, but the Samsung models couldn't match the Toshiba for price and for a second/third TV, cost was my #1 priority.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Birthday Gift, 15 Nov 2011
C. R. M. Browne (South Staffordshire U.K.) - See all my reviews
This TV was bought for me as a Birthday Gift from my Son.

Delivered promptly in 36hours.

So easy to set up. Six Phillips Screws for stand assembly, push a few buttons and Hey Presto!! Picture Perfect, sound good too.

One small gripe.Will go to standby when switching on/off switch, to be completely switched off need to go to wall socket. (but dont tell my Son)

Overall I am thrilled with it.

3.0 out of 5 stars Rather disappointing TV, 16 Feb 2012
I was looking for a digital-ready small T V for use in the kitchen and opted for this unit since it appeared to offer the comfort of a big brand name and a reasonable price. Easy to set up and install and fits on the wall without being too obstrusive. However, performance is something of a disappointment, with average picture quality and rather below average sound, despite all efforts at fiddling with the equaliser settings. Also disappointed to see the same issue with the programme guide mentioned in other reviews, in that when changing channels the set fails to display any 'now' and 'next' channel information, although the EPG has all this info available as normal. In fact the TV has now been relegated to a guest bedroom for occasional use and replaced with an 'own brand' unit from Sainsburys, that performs as well as the Toshiba, whilst also including a DVD player and displaying full programme details on channel change, despite being 25% cheaper!

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb quality at a great price, 16 Oct 2011
Needed a replacement for our analogue portable television that we have in the bedroom. Having looked at numerous inexpensive sets on numerous sites and stores, we decided this sounded a good buy. We were not disappointed! It arrived very quickly and was very easy to set up. And despite only having a cheap and extremely basic indoor aerial, the set downloaded all the Freeview channels we could want. The picture quality is excellent, as is the sound. Buy this set!! It really does do 'what it says on the tin' Toshiba 19BV501B 19-inch Widescreen High Definition LCD TV with Freeview

4.0 out of 5 stars definitely worth the excellent price, 9 Nov 2011
When i first got this i thought theyd made a mistakes its so light you could walk down the street with it tucked under your arm ,far less cumbersome than my 19 in technika. Has lovely black gloss finish and looks more expensive than it is perfect for bedroom or kitchen. I think some people critised thev sound but i can find nothing wrong with that and like the fact that you can get it very low so it doesnt disturb children.My only criticisms really are that if you are using it on freeview as i am, the tv guide is a bit too small and difficult to read when laying in bed obviously not an issue if using sky. The remote control could be a bit better designed but thats jus niggling really.Overall excellent tv for the price