5.0 out of 5 stars Very nice drive
I like this Rugged drive for its universal connectivity: it supports both USB 3.0 (backward-compatible with USB 2.0) and FireWire 400 and 800. I'm working on Mac and this is just great. With FireWire 800 the speed is awesome, files are copied almost instantaneously. The drive doesn't overheat, and works very quietly. The orange rubber bumper was a cool idea. As a bonus I...
Published on 1 Oct 2011 by GCM

2.0 out of 5 stars Flawed.
I've used this drive solidly for the past couple of months and can't really fault its performance. However, it seems as if the USB 3.0 port was an afterthought in the design process. It sits only just above the stupid rubber casing of the hard drive, and therefore the USB plug does not sit snugly in the port. As a result, the drive disconnects because the cable works...
Published 9 months ago by TG

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome!, 10 Feb 2013
This review is from: LaCie Rugged Triple 301984 1TB USB 3.0 and Firewire 800 5400 rpm Portable Hard Disk Drive (Personal Computers)
Very good and I love it. Travel with rugged and use it to edit ski videos while on the move.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great storage device, 4 Feb 2013
This is a compact and durable portable storage device and the fourth one that I've purchased. The nature of my work means that I rely on these devices to store and back up video and large photo files. They have always proved reliable.

I would definitely recommend this product.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Buy, 3 Sep 2014
Always been a fan of LaCie products, so far I have not had any problems with any of the hard drive's that I've bought.. which I can't say for other brands I have bought in the past. I would recommend this product over any other hard drives.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great drive. Works well, 31 July 2011
Great little drive. Works well. Case seems sturdy and looks nice. I've been using it for a couple of months now and I'm very impressed with this Rugged Mini drive.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect!, 1 Aug 2014
Fantastic product, arrived safely - does exactly what it says on the tin.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great little hard drive, 19 Dec 2012
S. Middleton (UK) - See all my reviews
Cute to look at, runs very quietly. More than dealt with all the back up items I had to keep safe and plenty more space left.

1.0 out of 5 stars Not So Rugged, 5 Feb 2014
Kuffs (West Sussex) - See all my reviews
I brought one of these drives a few years back and upon attempting to plug in the cable to the USB port on the back of it, I discovered there was just a hole where the connection port should be. I gave the drive a gentle shake and could here the USB port connector rattling around inside it. At this point, what any sensible person would have done is sent the drive back. Unfortunately I left the drive to one side long enough for the warranty to run out. I picked it up again one day, took it apart and re-soldered the connector to the board. I then tested it and all was okay. I didn't actually use the drive after the repair, until now. I have just got a MacBook Air and wanted a backup drive, and thought the little Lacie would do. I soon discovered that the drive would work fine for 10 minutes and then would lock up and freeze finder on my Mac. Thinking this might be down to my repair, I got myself a thunderbolt to firewire 800 converter and used the firewire port on the Lacie. Sadly this resulted in the same problem as I had had with it connected to USB. So it looks like the drive was not only falling apart on receipt, but had another fault also.

1.0 out of 5 stars waist of money, 21 Aug 2013
I've had this drive for 6 months hoping it's reliable due to it's price and 'quality'.
I'm a film editor working on multiple external hard drives and this is the only one that failed so far.
I'm gutted as I had important data on it and for sure I will NEVER buy lacie again.
Way overpriced and a total failure

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Hardrive, 12 Aug 2013
Arrived and in perfect condiction. Works like a dream in fact I have it plugged in right now.

I wasn't sure it would work on my iMac because of the USB 3 but I still think it works even though the post are USB 2 and I always have the firewire option.

5.0 out of 5 stars Neat and Powerful, 29 Mar 2013
This is an excellent product. It easily replicates my entire hard drive, it feels good to hold, and and it is indeed rugged. I have used LaCie for a number of years and can rely upon retrieving data whenever I need it.