Size: Medium|Colour: Red/Red/White|Change

on 19 April 2013
Bought this in large in march and have not been disappointed. Was unsure whether to go for medium or large given my height and weight (6ft2' 13st 12) but large was ideal. Superb bit of kit that I've used for biking, running and golf. Keeps you warm without making you overheat/sweat. Snug fit offers support and isn't restrictive. Would definitely recommend buying - so much do I'll be ordering another.
on 28 November 2012
Being an owner of 2 Under Armour ColdGear mocks, I was expecting much the same with this new one, however I've noticed a couple of tiny differences that improve the product massively. First, the rubber strip along the inside at the waist. It works perfectly in preventing the top riding up towards your stomach, which should keep you nice & snug. Also the inside of the top seems to be a kind of 'brushed' material, even more comfortable than the standard UA ColdGear mocks of a few years ago.

I've always worn a medium, however this one seems even tighter than usual... maybe says more about me than anything else!
on 31 December 2014
The complete deal-breaker here is that the neck of this product is far too tight around my throat. I went the next size up, for the large, despite Under Armour's sizing chart suggesting the medium. Nonetheless, it was painful to keep this on for even a few minutes, such was the pressure being exerted onto my throat. The fit elsewhere was tight (as intended) and OK.

For reference that might be useful for others, I bought this Under Armour top in the large. I buy my work shirts in a 16" neck and can button the collar comfortably. This product left my throat sore for around an hour afterwards, yet it was worn for only a couple minutes.

Maybe I just got a duff one but I see a small minority of buyers have commented similarly about the neck on both sides of the pond. Solely because the reviews are very good, so I'll give UA another chance and try one of its crew-neck versions instead. That is, now that I've taken it off and can breathe again...
on 15 January 2016
This top is designed for cold weather training days. I have worn the top about eight times now on cold weather cycle rides, and before I give you may take on its performance, here is what Under Armour have to say:

“Traditional cold weather gear is bulky. We knew we could do better. That’s what the UA ColdGear® Compression Mock is all about. It takes the ColdGear® Compression Mock and raises the bar with a tight, performance-boosting fit and a sleek, clean finish. Wear it alone or layer up. Inside it’s soft and comfortable with micro-brushed fabric that circulates your body heat more effectively. Now you can stay warm without being weighed down. As it should be. You wanna go all season long”

This top is designed to keep you warm, and it does just that, with its snug fit and generous length, the cold gear mock kept my wrists and my lower back covered which is often a issue I have with base layers.

The material is a Dual-layer construction that pairs a brushed interior and a sleek, fast-drying exterior made from Nylon / Polyester / Elastane. At first glance the top looks like a normal base layer, but on closer inspection/touching, the interior has a slight fuzziness to it. It is lightweight and folds down to about the size of an apple.

The fit is snug, under armor make compression clothing to aid blood circulation, and while this top is not part of their compression range. it is still a very snug design. Something I came to appreciate after some cold rides.

The stitching and seams are perfect, once on I didn’t have to adjust, scratch or rub any areas. after a while you hardly even notice you are wearing it.

The top is fantastically warm. in 8-12 degrees C heat I wore the top with just a cycling jersey over the top, and whilst I did cool down when stopped, whilst cycling the brushed interior kept my body and the whole of my arms cozy warm. It is almost comparable to wearing a wet suit. Once you build up the heat you stay toasty.

On colder days I wore the top with a windproof jacket. This combination was perfect. The first five minutes of any ride are always a bit teeth grit-tingly cold but once the blood is pumping and the heat circulating this top keeps your core warm and spreads it down the arms to keep your hands warm.

Whilst the top doesn’t have any ventilation designed into it, all the panels are the same thickness and made of the same material. The fit and the wicking ability of the material stopped me feeling clammy. After a long ride I would get home to find the under armor top feeling relatively dry compared to my top layer.

Value for money is reasonable, at £30 its not cheap for a under garment, however you would probably only need one of these in your cupboard. When worn in conjunction with another layer it does provide excellent warmth and comfort.

This top is a fantastic piece of kit, easily packable for changing conditions, well made and fit for purpose. Keeping the warmth in and the sweat out is the main aim of a cold weather base layer and this top does exactly that. At £30 it may seem a little expensive, but having worn it nearly every time I’ve been out recently, think I will be getting my moneys worth.
on 25 December 2012
These are the ONLY under garments to wear when the temperature drops. OK, there are other makes that are more expensive and work also but these are sensibly priced and do the job. I have never felt cold even when out on a slow round. Also 2013 has some great colours!!!
on 2 October 2013
It is the best thermal vest I have ever had, not too tight and not flappy, it doesn't go up you're body when playing sport and very good for rugby because nice strong material. Great warmth and very comfortable worth the money by far. I am about 6foot and 12 stone and L is great fit. I would recommend this straight away to any sport. It also has a great style for the ladies at the side lines when you take you're shirt off.
on 20 November 2012
Nice high neck line. Even has a grippy rubber strip around the waist area that stops it creeping up. Excellent all round.
on 11 February 2014
Good quality and very warm base layer, very tight fitting so make sure if measure yourself correctly and get the right size for you. This top is truly like a second skin. this top doesn't have specific areas of warming (back, kidneys etc.) like some of the competitors designed for 'specific sports' ski thermals etc. The material is also uniform with no reinforced/ strengthened areas.
on 12 November 2014
Saw these at the price and thought I'd give them a go. Ordered large, but when it arrived and I took it out of the bag I thought that there was no way it was going to go anywhere near me!!
Tried it on, and it's fantastic. Superb fit, and the quality is very, very good.
So good in fact that I promptly ordered two more!
Shame the black ones are a bit dearer or else I would have ordered a couple of those as well.
Recommended.

Edit. Be careful when ordering. I was so pleased with my purchase that I went on to order another one (kids present for Christmas). Ordered the Royal Blue one but a different colour arrived, same as I already had. Was a little disappointed so contacted the seller (Lovell Rugby) who informed me that Amazon were using stock pictures of them and the colour that you order doesn't match the ones that they have in stock.
I love the product, but why do I want two tops exactly the same colour????
on 29 December 2014
I bought this top for cycling on my winter commute. Under Armour have managed to establish themselves as a strong brand for compression gear and base layers. They simply make amazing gear at an affordable price.

Whilst using this top I find I stay snuggly warm and need little else. I usually wear this with a soft shell/rain jacket or merino wool top and a buff and I'm more than warm enough! The high neck keeps out the winter wind chills and the fabric is very good at sweat wicking.

There are other brands that make these, such as Nike but these generally tend to be more expensive. This top is thick, warm, amazingly comfortable and build to last. Having used this now for 2 winter seasons, it still looks like new and has no stains/marks or smells.