5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent
Published on 20 July 2012 by dee1001

2.0 out of 5 stars doesn't fit firmly
This hood fits too loosely to my X100S lens and keeps coming off, all it takes is a moderate bump. Not nice, especially for a camera mostly aimed at street photography. Only haven't lost it because the sound of metal falling is loud and clear so I can always go back to pick it up... after all the bumps from falling I cannot even place it anymore. Giving it 2 stars just...
Published 3 months ago by Luis Abrantes

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 20 July 2012
This review is from: JJC LH-JX100 Lens Adapter and Hood for Fujifilm Finepix X100, X100s, X100T (Electronics)
Beautifully-made and fits perfectly. Superb value for money. If, like me, you try to fit the adapter ring and lens hood before you've read to the end of the X100 instruction manual, do note that the X100 has a slim ring covering its filter thread, and you need to remove this before you can attach the adapter ring. (I mention this only because it's not immediately obvious unless you've read the instruction book to the end!). I found that the easiest way to remove the ring protecting the filter thread (which comes from the factory done up fairly tightly) was to press down firmly on the lens cap while unscrewing the ring: the lens cap acts as a gentle lever and prevents you getting your finger-prints all over the lens. (There is a helpful video about this on YouTube.) This really is a useful accessory: the adapter ring allows you to fit a 49mm protective filter as well as the lens hood, and you can have both fitted at the same time. As other reviewers have noted, you can't then use the original lens cap supplied with the camera. A standard plastic lens cap with central pinch-grip (as supplied on Amazon) works very well.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent value, 4 Feb 2014
Julian Evans "Jules" (Darkest Shropshire, UK) - See all my reviews
I've had two hoods... on original Fuji hood for an X100 and now this JJC version for an X100s. I sold my X100 together with the hood. I kept my X100s and it's JJC hood. I couldn't tell the difference between the two of them, except that one is less than half the price of the other. It fits perfectly, it's solid. It's metal. For all intents and purposes it's exactly the same. Purchase with confidence.

While I'm on... I also sold my Fuji leather case with the X100... now I have a Toma half case and a Toma wrist strap. Again, a fraction of the price and superior product. The half case has a battery/card access hole and the strap is strong and comfortable. The Fuji case needed to be kept in two halves with the top 'bit' too big to go in a pocket and too awkward to leave on. The bottom 'bit' had to come off, straps and all, when I need to change the battery or card. That was £90. The Toma was a third of that. No contest.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fuji X100 compatible lens filter adapter and hood by JJC, 10 Jan 2012
Five stars for value for money and functionality.

For reasons I won't go into, we own both the real Fuji hood and the one by JJC.
The example from JJC is almost identical.
As stated by another reviewer, the colour being the only difference between the two (this difference in colour being visible only when they are both in hand together and not really noticable when on the camera).
They are both made of aluminium alloy (not plastic) and they both fit the camera perfectly.
On the Fuji example, one of the three mounting 'fins' is in the 'top of lens' position when screwed fully home. The JJC matches the Fuji's position exactly.
The X100 camera functions perfectly with both.
At the time of writing, the price for the JJC adapter/hood is about one quarter of the Fuji one.
I would buy the JJC first. If, for any reason, you are not satisfied with it, I would then buy the Fuji one and use the JJC for the 'rough stuff' where the hood may be knocked and damaged.
The JJC example is not a cheap lens hood, but the Fuji one is far more expensive and functions no better whilst in service on the camera.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product at a great price, 3 Dec 2012
Having had three X100's up to this point a hood has always been in my bag. Having owned both this "copy" and the original Fuji hood I'd say save yourself some money for making prints and plump for the copy. Pretty much the same thing, the only real differences are that this one says JJC on it and the colour is ever so slightly darker (not noticeable unless your really looking hard).
Having the Fuji hood will make very little difference if you later think about trading the camera in.
So save some cash, get a hood to keep those beautiful images contrasty and flare free.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Value, quality product. Every bit as good as the Fuji., 10 Sep 2012
RamsyPak (Bristol United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
I have the Fuji hood and adaptor already. I bought this one to always leave in my camera bag. The only real difference I can see between it and the fuji is that this one is ever so slightly darker in colour but you wouldn't notice it if it wasn't pointed out. It matches perfectly well. It does not feel cheap, and I do not consider it to be a compromise in any way. The build appears to be identical in all ways. It's a great product and Fuji deserves to lose out on sales of its overpriced official hood. If I had known about this product when I bought my X100, I would have bought it and not the Fuji. Functions and looks just like the Fuji. No drawbacks.

5.0 out of 5 stars Quality Shade, 4 Oct 2014
GelS (Walton-on-Thames, Surrey) - See all my reviews
This item arrived this morning and I've just fitted it to my newly-acquired X100S.

Many thanks to dee 1001 for the advice on using the standard, metal lens cap to remove the threaded ring on the lens - a good, effective tip.

The hood and adaptor ring are well made and fitted together snugly as expected, adding a Sony 49mm lens cap that also arrived this morning. Okay, the silver finish may be a tad darker than the Fuji lens and camera body, but I'm looking for practical improvements not aesthetics.

I gave the camera its first test yesterday in bright conditions and, even with low, oblique October light (without a lens hood as it hadn't arrived), the images are impressively flare free. My experience over the years on a variety of cameras has shown that a good, well-proportioned lens hood makes a significant difference to image quality, so I'm looking forward to getting out there for more evaluation. So far, a really neat piece of kit as a realistic price (not that I've seen a Fujifilm original). Further use in October and November 2014, in unseasonally bright conditions, has produced more excellent images. From an ergonomic point it provides a good hand grip to the camera, an added bonus of the metal construction that looks as though it belongs on the camera. So, it looks good and works well - what more can you ask? One more delighted customer.

4.0 out of 5 stars Why pay for the Fuji official hood, 9 Aug 2013
Buy this, don't bother with the official Fuji one. Protects the front element well & filters screw on simply.

Easy to fit once you know how to get the adaptor (protector) ring off that comes pre-fitted to the X100S.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic value, 23 Aug 2012
This X100 compatible lens hood is excellent value. The quality is very good and it very nearly matches the camera's colour. For the price you cannot complain as it is so much cheaper than the Fuji product.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good hood at a deent price, 26 Jan 2012
Mike - See all my reviews
I was tempted to purchase the original Fuji item, but based on the reviews here I decided to go for this third party lens hood and I'm glad I did. The fit and finish of the hood is fine and it's far cheaper that the Fuji original.

4.0 out of 5 stars If using with Fuji case, be aware..., 4 Feb 2012
I bought this along with the Fujifilm Premium Leather Case for FinePix X100 (I know, I am a sucker!). The adaptor works fine, though the finish doesn't match the camera (being slightly darker and duller) - I can live with this. Be aware though that with the adaptor in place and a hoya UV filter, the case doesn't fully close (though is good enough). With the lens hood attached the case will not close at all. Also, with the lens hood in place your lower right view through the viewfinder will be obscured by the lens hood, and it interferes with the on camera flash, leaving a shadow across the lower right field of your picture.

Otherwise, it works, and is far cheaper than Fujifilm Lens Hood and Adapter Ring for FinePix X100.