Format: Kindle Edition|Change
Price:£2.34

on 22 July 2012
What an unexpectedly great book this is. The author's trials and tribulations with Honeybun (and Lucky), and the consequent feelings of self-doubt, hopelessness but also love and redemption along with a dawning realisation that it's more than just the dog that is changing all combine to make an engaging story. There is a spiritual element to it with 'Dear God' letters at the end of each chapter, but it's not too intrusive if that's not your thing, and the whole book is written in a witty and entertaining manner. I did get a little bored with the agility contests by the end of the book, but overall it was very enjoyable and I'd recommend it to anyone who has any interest in dogs.
on 1 July 2012
Could not put this book down and read it all in one go foresaking all house work and a million other things that should have been done.

This has been written in not just story form, but witty, sad, pride ... You go through many emotions yourself when you read it as you can relate to so many honest thoughts and failings the author thinks she has.

Owning two dogs, I can relate to so many things in this book but I have also learnt far more on how to understand my dogs and my own failings with them.

I would have been happy to have paid for this download, and shall tomorrow look for the website to make a donation.

I shall go to bed feeling humble and knowing I have a lot to learn about my children and dogs tomorrow.

Superbly written in honest and frank way ... Well done to you all.
on 23 July 2012
I really enjoyed this book. I got goose bumps at points I was so touched by the story. The only negative is the whole 'I didn't see a smile, I saw...' which is repeated throughout the book and really started to grind after a while. Overall a good book, though it loses it's way a bit in the middle, I was glad I stuck with it to the end.
on 2 February 2014
"....Dear Lord,
And thank you for what this confounded dog is teaching me about you. Amen." (quotation from the story.)

Vicky Kaseorg's amazing grace in accepting this lonely and abandoned dog, Honeybun, into her family. Willingness to learn, and willingness to give, with unconditional love -make this a great story to read.
It seems Honeybun also had a transformative effect on her daughter.

My blessings to you Vicky, and to your family. Thank you for writing such an entertaining, well-written and heartwarming story of your not-always-easy life with a rescue dog. Thank you for putting Love first.
on 12 April 2012
What a brilliant read for anyone interested in dogs or animals. Shows how a rescued dog with issues can be mended by training to become a loving dependable dog after having been so close to death. Also gives an insight into dog training techniques and rescue centres. Couldn't put this book down!
on 9 September 2014
This book is beautifully written in an honest, compassionate non preaching way, truthfully showing how ones faith in life, higher being, and others shapes our paths through our very confusing world, there is humour and hope through nearly every page. Well worth the 5 stars given .
on 13 February 2015
I liked this book mainly because ok am a dog lover and have one of my own. It was a good book to read of how this family took this little dog in to their home and trained it to be a wonderful dog in agility. I would recommend this book to any one that likes dogs .
on 26 October 2013
A thoroughly enjoyable true story of rescue and redemption, telling how a dog can change someone's life for the better. Dogs can teach us so much about ourselves. This book would be great for anyone with an unruly dog. The lesson learned is Don't Give Up Hope.
on 5 June 2015
A lovely, heartwarming story. Sadly using Ceasar Milan`s outdated wolf roll philosophy but it seemed to work for this particular dog and the end result was a happy pup.Every chapter ends with a prayer tho, just be warned if you`re not overly religious.
on 28 March 2016
Halfway through and really enjoying this, as others have said I could do with the religious bits but there aren't that many and, they are actually well written. Enjoyable book and, recommend it.