4.0 out of 5 stars Correct Temperature Settings
As previous reviewers have said the temp settings on this product are unclear so I emailed Remmington. They replied within 24hrs stating that they are in the process of updating the information booklet due to lack of information but have emailed me the correct settings:

L = 150C
5 = 160C
10 = 170C
15 = 180C
20 = 190C
25 = 200C
30 =...
Published on 24 Feb. 2012 by Moth450

1.0 out of 5 stars Doesn't create any curls, let alone 3 different types!
Published on 16 Nov. 2011 by Sarah

4.0 out of 5 stars Correct Temperature Settings, 24 Feb. 2012
This review is from: Remington S6600 Stylist Multi Style Ceramic Styler (Personal Care)

L = 150C
5 = 160C
10 = 170C
15 = 180C
20 = 190C
25 = 200C
30 = 210C

Hope that helps anyone looking to buy these.

I havent yet had a chance to try using it to curl most of my hair but the adjustable size curl guides are perfect for curling my heavy fringe in a 40s / 50's type style.

4.0 out of 5 stars A solid bit of kit!, 20 Aug. 2011
Sue H "Sunshine Suzzy" (United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is a quality product with ceramic plates. It heats up really rapidly 20-30 seconds with a flashing blue light indicating its heating up and being constant when ready for use. There is dial inside the device to vary the temperature. A brief 4 page instruction booklet (English only) recommends lower temp settings for finer hair. The product has a small storage bag.

The product is quite heavy weighing in at around 300g, and has a relatively strong spring which keeps it in the open postion as shown in the photo. The product can be locked closed when not in use. The cable freely swivels at the base. Its only recommended to leave the product on for 30 mins, however it shuts down after 60 mins if no buttons are pressed. (A power socket with an auto cut off would be a useful addition when styling in a hurry.) To straighten the hair it is slimply sandwiched between the plates and slowly drawn through. Very good results were obtained on naturally straight long hair of 12+inches. A very good degree of straightening was obtained on very curly mid length (6inch) hair. The outside black plastic part of the flat irons (curl bars) can be moved out from the main body of the product to increase the width and help with styling curls. Here the hair is positioned close to the scalp the product turned through 180Deg and then slowly drawn through the irons. There are three positions for the curl bar making the head progressively wider. These are recomoneded for small, medium and large loose curls.

Why does it not get 5 stars: The models in the instructions have dark hair on a dark back ground so it tricky to tell what is meant by small, medium etc. Curls were easy to produce with a little practice on long hair, not so easy on shorter hair. The pink outside parts of the product are metal and get very hot during use. It would be helpful if the outside tips were covered in plastic to allow the end to be supported during use. The black plastic curl bars dont get hot, it is not recommeded and they can't easily be moved once the product it hot. Hence you can't easily style two different curl widths with out cooling the product. Small is subjective however I would not recommend the product if you want small ringlet type curls of approximately a fingers width. The other downsides are the temperature wheel. The product booklet recommends 150-180Deg for fine hair, up to 200-210 Deg C for thick hair, however the temperature is not related to the temp wheel which is marked 'L' (one assumes low?) then 5 to 30. There is no tick mark on the body near the wheel so its not clear where the wheels should be for the lowest and highest temps. The product instructions do not really help in this respect.
I would not recomend the procuct for any one with a weak grip due to the weight and spring strength esp if curls rather than straightening is required. Once you have gripped the hair between the irons you need to be able to hold the device comfortably until the hair lenth has been treated. If you change your grip to get comfortable its likely the hair will pop out and you'll have to staet again.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best straighteners I've ever bought!, 19 May 2013
I have a drawer full of straighteners, including a set of GHD's but I have to say that these are by far the best set I have ever bought. They straighten my hair better & quicker than even my GHD's do. I would highly recommend these.

4.0 out of 5 stars Stylish Stylist Multi Style Styler, 24 Aug. 2011
O E J - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 500 REVIEWER)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
According to someone whose opinion I trust and who has used this product in my home - she is a professional hairdresser and stylist - the maximum temperature that should be applied using stylers such as the S6600 is 180 degrees. The thing is, one of its main claims to fame (i.e. selling points) is its ability to go up to 210 degrees. This should be treated with caution, as application at such a temperature could damage the hair, not to mention cause intense pain! Her summary of this product was that it does the job well, but needs to be handled with great care and she would not recommend giving it to a child to use as there would be a real danger of injury. This is a product better suited to professionals, she said, or at least best used by a responsible adult. The three style settings are good, and the product heats up quickly - in about 15 to 20 seconds.

A useful safety feature is an automatic switch-off after 60 minutes, although I would have liked this to have been 30 minutes if not less.

The main message is yes, it's very good and it does the job but needs to be handled with care at all times. The adjustable temperature setting would be more useful if it displayed actual temperature rather than the '0 to 30' display that it does. I'm left to assume that 0 equates to 150 degrees and 30 equates to 210 degrees; the recommended maximum of 180 degrees would therefore convert to the halfway-point, or '15'.

The power cable is 8 feet (245cm) in length.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great once you get the hang of it, 31 July 2012
These are actually pretty good once you get the hang of curling with them. I used to curl my hair with straightners before so thought an upgrade to these would be a good idea. It was but I had to change my curling technique, which took a few goes to get right. The end of these stay cool (mine do anyway), which is important as you do need to hold the end to get a good curl, and just follow the instructions to get great curls. They also straighten in half the time of my older straightners, as the hot plate is wide and long so you shouldn't need to go over the same bit of hair more than twice. I also like that the on/off light is on the upper side when you place them down so you can tell if they are on (I always used to leave my straightners on by accident!)but I think they also have auto shut off. Overall I would recommend these but haven't given them 5 stars, as you still need to learn the curling technique - and I really don't like the model on the video and the box, she is a bit annoying and I know for a fact my hair will never look like hers!!

1.0 out of 5 stars Doesn't create any curls, let alone 3 different types!, 16 Nov. 2011
Having seen the long and ridiculous adverts for the Remington Stylist Multi-Style on TV I loved the idea, but expected that the actual product would be nothing like as good as it seemed. However, I've been looking for something to make my hair more exciting and I found numerous good reviews online (including lots on Amazon) so decided to stop being so skeptical and try it out. I wish I had remained skeptical. Yes it straightens, but if I just wanted straighteners I would have bought a pair. This product does not curl! The very best I could get out of it after a good hour's worth of attempts was a slight wave, and only when used on the supposed 'tight curl' setting. The looser curl setting did absolutely nothing. I have very manageable hair in terms of length and thickness and while it is straight when blow dried, it can go into waves/curls when I let it dry naturally and give it a bit of scrunching! The fact that this appliance couldn't even do that is shocking! The complete absence of results was enough to turn me off but the styler is also difficult to use, as to turn the barrel as she does in the ad (I watched them online to make sure I wasn't just using the wrong technique) you have to put your fingers on the pink metal part and black extendable part, both of which heat up nearly as much as the plates. So while trying to rotate the styler you are also trying to avoid putting your finger on metal that is heating up to 210 degrees. Adding to the already risky situation, the two plates themselves are very unstable and slip from side to side when you are trying to rotate the styler, my fingers almost ended up between the plates several times. I am extremely disappointed in this product and wouldn't even recommend it to anyone as a straighter on principle.

4.0 out of 5 stars Does It's Job Elegantly!, 24 Aug. 2011
A. Kwabula (UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
First of all, the styler is well built, smaller in size (atleast in asfar I am concerned)and surprisingly heavier than expected given the smaller size. The spring (that controls the two arms) is effective, keeping it open for you to scoop some hair, without putting pressure on your hand as you are styling. It has a switch that allows you to close and open the appliance. I like the way they labelled, with open and locked padlock symbols beside the switch The other thing really nice is the swivel cord. This is really cool in that it rotates freely so that you can twist it effortlessly (without rotating the cord) as you make curls.As far as ergonomics are concerned, I think the dial for settings (L to 30) could have been designed in such a way that it produces a click when rolled to a particular setting, as opposed to being completely silent!!!

I have used it twice so far and it took around about 20 seconds for the blinking light to remain steady, indicating it is ready so quite fast. The documentation states that it gets ready in 15 seconds, may be this is variable, because it kept blinking past 15 secons, and it's summer.I produced excellent results, beautiful curls. So it does what is says on the box. I experimented with the three settings (tight curls, loose curls and waves) and was able to produce nice results. This is definitely the best styler I have ever used so far. I am concerned with it heating up quicly, after using it for several minutes I was sweating as it became quite hot, so you may want to switch it off and allow it to cool down a bit and continue.

So, it's not perfect but I am sure it is some where in the top among similar products, so highly recommended.

3.0 out of 5 stars No good for curls., 15 Jan. 2012
I got this product for Christmas and everytime I've used it, it hasn't done what I want it to do. The straighteners are the only good thing about this product really. I saw the advert of the hairdresser using the product on a client, and the results looked amazing. Even though it shows somebody using the product and getting flawless results, when I tried it myself, it just didn't work. Whether there is a technique you need to have to master it or just a bit of patience, it seems almost impossible to get tight or loose curls. The tight curl setting deffinitley doesn't produce tight curls, or even nice loose curls for that matter! It just seems to straighten my hair with a few kinks in it. On the loose curl setting, the curls look square and are no different to what the tight curl one produces. I thought I would have an advantage when using the curling settings because I have naturally curly hair, but it doesn't seem to matter. Even though the straighteners do give straight hair, it doesn't last for long and makes your hair a bit static. However, the curling settings did seem to work on the shorter parts of my hair, but I have relativley long hair so it didn't work as well. I wanted this product because it seemed to be able to produce tight, bouncy curls which was the thing I was most excited about. I have now discovered that this works much better with a normal curling iron. I have tried all sorts of ways of using this product to the point where I have given up trying to produce the style I want, and nothing seems to be working. You can try it out for yourself to see if you can get the hang of it, but I certainly can't seem to!

2.0 out of 5 stars Straightening yes, curling NO, 3 Jan. 2012
S. Williams (England) - See all my reviews
As a straightener it's perfect, the plates warm quickly, the guide makes it easy enough to use, the cool tips do what you want them to. The weight isn't a problem, the cord swivels as you'd need it to, asthetically there's not a problem.

Performance wise though, it just wouldn't work. Now, it may be down to my technique. Maybe I'd have rated higher if there was more guidance to advise me on how to make this work. The booklet is of little help as the model is dark haired on a dark backround venturing into youtuble and back to amazon for some guidance it little help as is the remington website all show the same video. Questions like: How hard to i pull? How much hair should i use? Doesn't it get stuck at the ends? -all go unanswered.

I also found the symbols to be a problem. The large wave and the smaller wave look deceptively similar on both the instructions and the tool itself. Furthermore, after trying despretly for hours to wrap my hair firmly around the barrell and pull, the sybmols started to wear off! I also found with the continued changing from big wave, to small wave, down to tigh curl that the guide combs became a little loose and difficult to line up with the symbols.

Sadly, this item has been returned, I'll be buying a babyliss wand instead.

Such a shame though, as i was really looking forward to it. This might be good for those with shorter hair, mine is half way down my back, and i found winding the tool just got my hair wrapped in on iteself painfully pulling on the roots of my hair.

5.0 out of 5 stars Straight hair once more!, 8 Feb. 2012
I have quite difficult to control hair, which seems to resit being styled in any way, so I had quite given up on trying to straighten it without bumps and chinks etc. However, on a whim I borght these, and was very pleasently surprised.

Looks: Pinky red and black they look stylish and also quite proffesional, they come with a matching bag.
Heat: There is a dial numbered 1-30 so that you can choose the heat setting that you wish/ is suitable for your hair.
Handling: Has curved casing to make it easier to make waves and to style. The outside takes a very long time to heat up, that for most people you wont notice it at all. Around the plates is metal, to make it easierr to do waves etc, but with enough plastic so that you can hold and do shorter styles without problems.

Other details: Comes with a long wire so the plug to mirror reach shouldnt be a problem. There is an on/off switch, and a blue light that flashes when heating and is on when heated. There is also a switch to shut the straighteners, which does work, but has to be put on fully or they spring open again.
Comes with two adjustable width settings so that as well as stragihtening you have an option of three curl widths. I have only used these breifly to see if they work, and they do, though the longer the hair the easier it is, but this is true for most straighteners/curlers.

Overall, I would definately recommend these, I've not had one problem with them. 9/10