5.0 out of 5 stars Emergency replacement
Published 18 months ago by Dot

3.0 out of 5 stars Well made but doesn't fit on my catr screen
This is a good product but I bought it to fit on my car windscreen. Now that I have it is clear it wont allow me to fit my Panasonic HD camcorder TM700 on any curved screen. The camcorder needs to be a fairly small one to enable it to fit. Suction is really good though and when I have a suitable camcorder I will be able to use it in my car.
Published 13 months ago by Jeff Frankling

5.0 out of 5 stars Emergency replacement, 1 Jan 2013
This review is from: Polaroid Suction Cup Mount For Digital Cameras & Camcorders (Electronics)
This was an 'emergency' purchase to replace a flimsy mount provided with an in-car widscreen video camera recorder; that broke on the first attempt to mount it to the windscreen! The Polaroid was the cheapest suitable product yet is surprisingly robust. It's been on the windscreen for a week now, supporting a relatively lightweight camera and does all that I expect of it. Considering how cheap it is, I can heartily recommend it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 27 Jan 2013
A. D. Wilson "Alan Wilson" (Essex, England) - See all my reviews
Works extremely well; excellent value for money. The hinge in the middle of the arm, plus the hinge at the arm base, mean you can swivel the camera to point in any direction and the length of the arm allows fixing to sloping windows. It sticks very well with no sign of falling off with vibration. No need to buy a more expensive mount.

4.0 out of 5 stars Bought the right one, 25 Oct 2013
This works well for me as it supports my foscam cctv perfectly, so I now have the ability to keep it up high by attaching it to the window.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great for my S4 Zoom Camera Phone., 10 Mar 2014
This does what was expected. It mounts my S4 Zoom on car dashboard for sat nav. Well made and feels solid. The only slight drawback is the spherical lock could be just a little firmer. The lever press to lock suction and the button release of vacuum works very well. Very good.

4.0 out of 5 stars Does the job, 10 Jan 2014
Paul Barton - See all my reviews
Needed a screen mount for a Drift HD video cam but couldn't really justify the 25 for the Drift mount with quick release fastener on it. The camera fits to this firmly via the "tripod" screw and the suction on the car windscreen is very good. I like the lever on/button off meachanism for the sucker and the arms lock well in position. However, the ball mount at the end is a bit loose and whilst ok for my light camera when it's suspended it wouldn't work if the camera was mounted sideways or witha heavuier camera - I made a small modification and added a shim under the ball and that has made it a lot more rigid when tightened up. Overall an inexpensive mount with good suction that works fine for a light camera.

5.0 out of 5 stars ok, 18 Sep 2013
Ok but could be better if in metal but the sucker cup is strong and wont budge but dose the job.

1.0 out of 5 stars Not fit for purpose, 4 Sep 2013
Andrew Maunder "Jmezmedia" (Berks, UK) - See all my reviews
Good, well packaged product with strong suction mount BUT: I wanted it to hold my small Vado HD cam in the front windscreen of my car to film journeys. The mount is not long enough and the head lacks the ability to angle enough and there is no way (and I really tried), that my camera would point straight ahead.

The cars I wanted to use this in are a Jag XK (sports car), a Citroen C1 and a Jeep Cherokee and the mount failed to provide enough clearance in all of them. Useless!

I have bought the 'double knuckled' Delkin now, and that has the extra length and the double knuckle, is considerably heavier duty and it works!

4.0 out of 5 stars Works well, good value, 28 Jun 2013
Good value for money, only missed a five star on a couple of niggles, it does not quite articulate as mush as I had hoped and it does move a little even when tightened up. However would still recommend.

3.0 out of 5 stars Well made but doesn't fit on my catr screen, 3 Jun 2013

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 24 May 2013
Mr. P. Johnson (otley west yorkshire) - See all my reviews
I bought this for my drift hd1080 before I actually received my drift through Amazon, and although the drift does have the standard thread for connecting to this product I didn't realise at the time that the drift has a clip system so you can transfer the camera to different mounts with ease, hence sent this back and ordered the specific drift suction mount, the Polaroid is however a well made product and should perform very well, and the price is very good, and as ever through Amazon an excellent service, and no problems sending it back.