4.0 out of 5 stars A Good Bike For The Price
My boyfriend and I live in a small flat with no outdoor space to store two full-sized bikes. We knew we wanted 20" wheels and we didn't want to pay a massive amount because we would mostly be using the bikes infrequently and recreationally (i.e. not riding them to work every day).

Published 20 months ago by Rachel B

3.0 out of 5 stars Be prepared !
Published 6 months ago by GEC

3.0 out of 5 stars Be prepared !, 1 Oct. 2014
This review is from: Mizani City+ Folding Bike (Sports)
At the price you pay this is the bottom end of the budget range for this type of bike, so don't expect to much. They are put together in Bangladesh and shipped out without I imagine to much quality checking. As I only anticipated occasional use when away caravanning I went for this option. I purchased 2. One came out of the box, straight into service with no problems. The other ( I called a "Friday Job") Had several build quality problems but rather than return I contacted the seller and received full cooperation in getting things right, even a small refund to cover my costs. **Top marks for that !!!** So don't be put of buying this if you just want a cheap bike -- But be prepared !!!!!!

4.0 out of 5 stars A Good Bike For The Price, 11 Aug. 2013
This review is from: Mizani City+ Folding Bike (Sports)

The bikes each arrived in a large box with some simple assembly required (brake and gear position adjustment, pedals to be attached etc.). The instructions are helpful, although they are for generic folding bikes rather than these in particular so it does require a bit of careful thought. Once assembled, the bike is simple to fold down - one clip in the centre of the bike to fold it in half, followed by a clip which folds the handlebars down. The catch in the centre of the bike is quite tough for me to secure (the main catch - there is a smaller safety catch but that one's simple to use!), but my boyfriend can clip it easily - although it has to be said I would rather stuggle with a substantial catch than have a flimsy piece of plastic keeping my bike together! The bikes are a bit weighty and awkward for me to carry much of a distance, but lightweight bikes come with a not-so-leightweight pricetag (and it would appear I am a bit of a weakling when it comes to upper body strength).

So far we have ridden the bikes on road and 'off road' (meaning on cycle paths, not mountain biking!). It feels sturdy and safe to ride and doesn't require much more (if any) effort to pedal than a standard bike. There's no suspension on this bike, but we already knew that so we just try to avoid big bumps! The appearance of the bike is nice - it doesn't look like a kiddy bike as some (mostly the smaller wheeled ones) can do. It also has a handy bag rack on the back which is always useful. Our gears didn't need any adjustment (we got our bikes checked over in Halfords just to make sure they were safe!), and unless you plan on going super fast everywhere, they've got a good range of speeds.

Folding the bike is quick and easy, which is very welcome after a long ride! The bikes, when folded, are nice and compact - ideal to fit in the car boot (although for ease we put one on the back seat, too - you could possibly fit both in the boot if you have less room in the car) or in the corner of an office, for example.

All in all I would recommend this bike. You could pay more and get a lighter bike with more gears, but to be honest unless you're using it every day I think this one performs very well.

4.0 out of 5 stars Smart design with solid look, 29 Jan. 2013
This review is from: Mizani City+ Folding Bike (Sports)
The bike was easy installing and folding. The alloy materials look decent (with this price). Cannot give much comment for the reliability at this start stage. The only problem so far is the ring bell, not loud enough to alert pedestrians.

5.0 out of 5 stars Would recommend to anyone looking for a great folding bike at ..., 17 April 2015
This review is from: Mizani City+ Folding Bike (Sports)
I brought this bike for my wife along side another bike for myself. The bike arrived quickly and having followed the isntructions to assemble my bike I did the same with this and they were both soon up and running. We brought these for space saving reasons as carrying these with our kids bikes was always a challenge but the folding of these bikes mean we can get out as a family more. Would recommend to anyone looking for a great folding bike at a good price.

3.0 out of 5 stars Second Thoughts, 1 Sept. 2013
This review is from: Mizani City+ Folding Bike (Sports)
First and foremost I must say the actual delivery of this Item was first rate. It was so rapid that it actually was almost too quick. I wasn't in when it arrived!! The delivery company did however return early the next day. Perhaps they could have asked a neighbour to sign for a delivery.

Having said that, instructions for assembly were not for the model bought. When the handle bars are folded down, it does not allow the bike to completely fold so it is not compact enough. I found finding a comfortable arrangement between seat and handlebar height to be impossible. Perhaps having an adjustable stock would alleviate this. Shame to say this but, if I were to be in the market for a folding bike again, this would definately not be my first, second, third or any other choice than a last resort. Shame as it appeared to have so much going for it.

4.0 out of 5 stars A very good folding Bike, 28 Aug. 2013
This review is from: Mizani City+ Folding Bike (Sports)
We bought two bikes and have used them on a number of times already. They fold up relatively easily, the main complaint being that the gear lever cable can get caught as the frame is folded in two and causes the higher gears to miss when changing gear. A better bell system would also be recommended. Otherwise good value for money, a comfortable ride and easy to adjust the seat height. The handlebars remain at a constant height so is good for urban use in particular.

3.0 out of 5 stars Three Stars, 16 Feb. 2015
This review is from: Mizani City+ Folding Bike (Sports)
I guess it's fine for the price. But its kinda heavy to carry it folded.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 25 Jun. 2014