on 28 October 2012
I'm getting really fatigued with the amount of choice in mens razors these days, they just keep adding more and more blades per shave and now vibrating heads etc etc... If you have hair on your face and you don't want hair on your face, then just get a sharp razor and shave it off. I don't like all this gimmicky stuff anymore!

Having said all of that, this Fusion Proglide is definitely the best shave I've had in a very, very long time. Very smooth action, no nicks, cuts or scrapes and I got about a two weeks or so out of each blade head before having to change (shaving 2-3 times a week).

The only obvious downside to this blade, is that it is quite expensive, and I'm 50/50 whether I will buy another set due to its price per blade.

If you haven't tried this razor yet, then yes, I do highly recommend it. The only reason I might not go for it again is the cost.
VINE VOICEon 20 June 2014
I would generally say that I have over the years loved the Gillete system for shaving and so it did not take convincing to try this razor as a change from my Wilkinson Sword. Every so often I like to change the make of the razor and generally the two main manufacturers get my custom. This razor has proven to be good, but in truth it has not given me the perfection I had anticipated from Gillete. I had been getting an easily achieved three weeks out of my Wilkinson Sword for the last year or so and the suggested blade life for this Gillete seems to be a suggested three weeks, but in fact anything much over two weeks and you are risking a lot of blood letting, the blades start to dull very noticeably as the end of the second week approaches.
I think the major drawback in having a shorter blade life has to be principally the cost of buying a greater number of blades which are invariably more expensive than WS. However this is closely followed by the issue of waste of finite resources in the manufacture of those extra blades.
on 27 January 2013
Easy to fit the blades from the cartridge and very smooth shave with out causing s skin rash as other razors seem to do.
on 7 February 2015
My husband recieved this for Christmas. Here is his review.

Gillette is a great brand for all things shaving.
This razor is superb.
It has a nice feel and delivers a really close shave.
What I like is that there is no chaffing after. How do they do this???
The blades last quite long ( for me anyway )

I won't use the disposable packs in the future.
This is the razor for me.

Recommended
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 11 September 2015
If you have a Mach3 Power or a Mach 3 Sensitive then I would suggest sticking with it. There isn't really much improvement over the Mach3 here and the basic Gillette Mach 3 blades are much cheaper. The Fusion ProGlide Power Razor with Flexball is more comfortable to hold as it is a bit more chunky and the 'power' bit is actually a slight improvement to the closeness of the shave - the vibrations do seem to help to cut the hairs closer and the ProGlide Power vibrations are better than on the Mach3 Power.

I dare say that razors have come a long way, and each new Gillete model is generally very slightly better than the last. I have had nearly every new one (saw me coming). But I still think that the Mach3 Power is great (one that I kept of many razors that I have had) and the ProGlide is really quite a small improvement - I still need to shave twice to get a close shave (once with the grain and then a second time against) and there are still odd areas where it seems impossible to get a perfectly close shave. I will say that I seem to cut myself less with the ProGlide and I put this down to the blade stabilisers. One thing I prefer about the Fusion ProGlide over other razors I have had is the more ergonomically shaped handle and the rubber grips.

Another razor I kept is the Wilkinson Sword Quattro because I found this was a closer shave than the Mach3 Power and probably as good as the ProGlide I reckon. The Quattro blades are even cheaper too!

If you have only used disposable blades and fancy a nice new, latest technology Gillette razor, then buy the Fusion ProGlide Power Razor with Flexball introductory pack. I would highly recommend it. If you want to save money and still have a great shave, buy the Wilkinson Sword Quattro.
on 4 February 2015
Purchased the wrong blades which meant a trip into town to change. Considered the costs of that and decided to order the razor to go with the blades I had purchased. Arrived next day after ordering so definitely recommend. We have two bathrooms and he keeps 2 razors in each now. He also uses the MAC3 which he feels is better for the upper lip. The other gillette razors which he had have now been confined to the bin since I was always getting the wrong blades for them. I only wish they would make a couple of different types which would use similar blades and then I would not be tossing razors in the bin when all they need are new blades.
on 7 April 2014
I get a great shave from this razor, but as always the blades are so expensive. But I found how to make each blade last for 2 months. Search Amazon for the 'Razorpit Razor Blade Sharpener'. It's really works. You just rub your razor on it several times after each shave (in the wrong direction) and I now change my blade on the first of every second month. One thing though.... I find that the blue flexible guide at the front of the blade makes the sharpening dificult. So I just rip this off each new blade before I use it the first time. I also use the sharpener under water. I seems to operate more smoothly.
on 28 August 2013
This razor is my favourite manual blade. It's not as overpriced as others, yet offers a smooth shave. The thinner blades do give a closer cut than other razors I've used, and having more than two gives an easier gliding action with less drag. I've had several, and each has lasted a good four or five months (shaving once a fortnight-ish).

Less technically and more aesthetically, the bundled holder is a nice and useful touch, the razor itself is well designed, plus it has a nice weight to it (compared to others which feel light and plasticky).
on 12 August 2014
I have only ever used an electric shaver and I can say I love the change!
I used the gillette sensative skin shaving gel with this.

It just feels like pulling sellotape off your skin at the most. The electric shaver was more rough.

I feel it's faster using a razor. I did get the same results too, a nice clean shave.
on 11 February 2016
This razor gives me a dam good smooth shave it's easily the best razor I've ever used ,in the past I have had mach 3 ,sensor excel, contour,Wilkinson sword protector & Quattro ,for quality this is much better to shave with, the blades may be pricey but you get what you pay for.