5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Little Mover !
Have only had this product for about two weeks but I am very pleased with both its performance and manoeuvrability. It is light but very powerful and I particularly like the handle design and tool function. Absolutely ideal for the smaller home and perfect for older users.
Published 24 months ago by Suzy P

3.0 out of 5 stars Basic, but handle is flawed
This is a good basic machine, just be warned that the black handle at the top of the silver tube comes off due to a weak fixing. I am probably going to have to use superglue.
Published 14 months ago by N. R. Gower

5.0 out of 5 stars Really Sucks, 7 April 2014
This review is from: Russell Hobbs Power Cyclonic Upright Vacuum Cleaner (Kitchen & Home)
For cleaning your vacuum this is product represents excellent value for money, and its smart colour scheme makes it appropriately reminiscent of a Saturn V space rocket. The quantity of dust it has extracted out of my carpets is simply phenomenal, and unlike my existing vacuum cleaners, this one doesn't redistribute half of it back around the room.

Every little feature seems to have been thought of. If you find yourself looking for a feature that would make using the machine that little bit easier, it will be there, and exactly where you expect it to be.

Unlike certain vacuum cleaners I could mention, whilst this one is pretty noisy, it doesn't emit a constant high-pitched whistle that can be heard all over the neighbourhood. It's also reasonably light.

I've had this machine a few months now, and I've only found two things to grumble about. Firstly, as others have found it does blow air out in such a way as to blow curtains and cards all over the place, which is a bit annoying. Secondly, when using the tools you must avoid pulling the hose across the front of the machine because that will cause the machine to tilt, and since the brushes continue to rotate they will make contact with the ground, which of course will damage any surface that can't cope with that treatment. However, given the low price, I'm not going to knock off any stars.

5.0 out of 5 stars brilliant vacuum, 3 Mar 2014
delighted with the price for this light weight vac it has strong suction on both carpets and hard floors would recommend this vacuum

5.0 out of 5 stars A good choice, 20 Jan 2014
This vacuum cleaner is fantastic for the price. Its powerful, but very light and quite compact. I have a very painful joints in my hands but have no proble with using it. Very pleased with my purchase.

4.0 out of 5 stars Rubbish handle, 18 Jan 2014
I have all wooden floors and only wanted this for "quick run arounds" as I use my Henry for stairs etc.

Yes, it's very noisy and was even blowing the curtains around - but the dog scarpers anyway. Noticed it also seems to vibrate the floor quite a lot. And some bits feel a little "cheap" but I decided to try cheaper this time as I've paid a fortune in the past for Vax / Dyson / The One - all have had issues and packed up far quicker than I would have hoped.

Thing that instantly annoyed me was the handle won't stay in. I realised straight away that you can't pick it up by the handle - but in a 10 minute session just now the handle has release itself twice. Think I'll have to look to see if I can glue it in.

To be fair to RH - this seems to be a universal problem as I've had really expensive vacuums and they (and the Henry) seem to have the same issue. It's ok designing them to have interchangeable tools but the mechanism to hold them in place while in use is always the weak spot. This is why I made it a 4 rather than a 3 - they all seem to be the same.

It also has about 2m less of cord than my Henry, so I couldn't quite get all around my ground floor.

But, so far, seems to pick up fine. It just likes to shout about it.

2.0 out of 5 stars Too noisy, 16 Jan 2014
It's simply too noisy. I regret my purchase. However if you don't mind about the noise then it does the job.

3.0 out of 5 stars ok for the money, 4 Jan 2014
Iav had mine around 3months its easy to put togeather light weight and easy to empty only down side is it seems to loose suction power every so often and the pile adjustment doesnt really seem to work but its a good hoover for older people to use just not so good for large familys and alot of use

5.0 out of 5 stars Compact lightweight excellent, 25 Dec 2013
Ordered this vacuum cleaner as I need where the handle detaches to store in limited space. It is surprisingly good for the size and price. I have 3 Labradors and it copes with their dog hair deposits effortlessly. Very easy to use and the handle detaching for form the tool unit is a brilliant idea.

5.0 out of 5 stars Hurrah for Russell Hobbs!, 10 Dec 2013
I love this vacuum cleaner, it's light and easy to carry for upstairs and it's very powerful, efficient and flexible. It was a quarter of the cost of my last vacuum cleaner and it's actually better, so Hurrah! for Russell Hobbs!

5.0 out of 5 stars supervac, 8 Aug 2014
Brilliant machine. I have spent a fortune over the years
On vacuum cleaners wish I had know about this one.
Small compact lightweight easy to empty and clean, I
Am disabled with arthritis mainly in my spine and I have
No problem with this vacuum. Best buy.

3.0 out of 5 stars Air blower, 24 Dec 2013
Very light and easy to use, good suction but what a terrible design fault it has an air displacement from the front that will clear greetings cards from a shelf 6/7 foot from the floor,cant believe that any company can build in such a feature.Must have stolen the design from the next office working on leaf blowers.

Russell Hobbs Power Cyclonic Upright Vacuum Cleaner