4.0 out of 5 stars One of my favourites.
Published on 17 Dec 2011 by G. S. Dingwall

1.0 out of 5 stars DO NOT BUY THIS PRODUCT!
This DVD does not contain anything on it! It was very frustrating. I needed this DVD set to further my studies in geology so after this failure, I bought the same set from a High Street retailer with the same result ;there is nothing on the DVD.
Published 12 months ago by hemschue79

4.0 out of 5 stars One of my favourites., 17 Dec 2011
This review is from: How the Earth was Made - Seasons 1 and 2 [Blu-ray] [Region Free] (Blu-ray)
I've probably seen most of the episodes contained in this box set on the History Channel, but I don't mind that. I really like this series and how each episode is presented. There are three disks for each season with four or five episodes on each disk. Would have preferred it if they had used the British narrator from the history channel rather than the American one they have used. I don't recall seeing any extras on the disk, but I never watch the extras anyway, so may have missed them.

Can't really say the quality of the bluray is all that sparkling. Doesn't seem much better than standard def at times. This may just be a result of the filming techniques used in making the progs. There's no HD sound, but my AV receiver does a reasonable job of pumping out a passable sound track.

All in all this is a worthwhile natural history box set for your collection. If you can get over the picture and sound quality issues, it's a good watch.

4.0 out of 5 stars Extremely Educational. Worth Geography curricullum in schools, 8 Aug 2013
I found the 3 hour special of the creation of the earch to the present day to be a little more entertaining. These 2 series focus more on the volcanoes and earthquakes and glaciers that have formed the earth and made the landmarks that we see today which is very interesting but too much gets a little boring.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent region free blu-ray!, 12 May 2013
Great value for the price, when compared to the region A release. Very good History Channel program, easy way to spend a few hours.

1.0 out of 5 stars DO NOT BUY THIS PRODUCT!, 21 Jun 2013