5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect coffee maker! Love it!
I bought this coffee maker around 3 weeks ago and have had it on every day since. It's quick, makes perfect coffee, easy to use, easy to clean and looks very stylish too! I love how it keeps your coffee hot for several hours if you make a pot, but equally love how easy it is just to make one cup. I haven't tried the timer function yet as I work strange shifts, but it's...
Published on 17 Jun 2012 by Nicksta!

3.0 out of 5 stars Difficult to pour in water and impossible to see water level
Plus points:
- Looks good
- Easy to take out and put back jug
- Large capacity

Minus points:
- Water hole too narrow to allow easy pouring from Brita water filter jug
- Can't see water level gauge
- Lurid neon blue instrument/clock panel cannot be dimmed/turned off
Published 7 months ago by B. Wernham

‹ Previous | 1 2 314 | Next ›

3.0 out of 5 stars Nice machine .... But, 26 Jan 2014
This review is from: Russell Hobbs 18498 Heritage Coffee Maker - Country cream (Kitchen & Home)
Bought a couple of days ago to replace a similar which died at 6 months!
Looks great (bought to match appliances), and makes great coffee, as it should!
Only given 3 stars because it's a pain to fill without spilling, the water level indicator is hard to see, and even the marker on the jug can be a faff to find And No Instructions, Cheapskates!
What Really annoyed me was registering the product on RH's website, WHY do RH want my marital status And the birthdates of both my wife and self as well as home and mobile telephone numbers!
I'm registering a product for warranty purposes goodness sake, yet this information is insisted upon because you can't register the product until completed!
Forced Customer profiling hidden behind a 'prize draw' which you can't opt out of, an intrusive step too far methinks RH and Not good enough!
Consequently our product is not registered! Hmph!

3.0 out of 5 stars my review, 16 July 2012
Nice looking coffe maker , keeps nice and hot.filling not to easy
water level indicator doesn't work.coffee quality is very good

5.0 out of 5 stars Russell Hobbs Heritage Coffee Maker, 7 July 2012
Russell Hobbs 18498 Heritage Cream Coffee MakerExcellent product, good to look at and the coffee stays hot. This Coffee Maker makes one to 12 cups of coffee quite quickly and I was pleased with the result.

5.0 out of 5 stars coffee on tap, 29 Dec 2011
Mrs. C. A. Troops (UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
This was bought as a present and I am well satisfied with it. It looks good with clean lines and easy to understand controls. My friends love it and will use it daily. Just what I would expect from Russell Hobbs.

3.0 out of 5 stars Leaked, 21 May 2014
Lovely to look at but it leaked everywhere. We carefully filled it in the right cavity only to be rewarded with a flooded work top. No problem in returning but didn't go for exchange incase we ended up same problem.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good value for money, 10 April 2014
A. Linton (Manchester, Manchester United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
I ordered this for work and so far it seems to be working fine. Looks nice too. Have never tried the coffee myself but no-one has complained so I guess it must be ok.

2.0 out of 5 stars Overpriced and weak coffee, 28 Mar 2014
No matter how much freshly ground coffee I put in it, it doesn't make particularly string coffee. There are also the issues with water which other people have mentioned and it is quite big and cumbersome. I wish my much cheaper coffee maker hadn't broken.

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointingly mediocre., 25 Mar 2014
Not overly impressed with this coffee maker, it looks lovely and does make coffee, but it is not overly hot when it first comes through and it is not overly strong even using the setting which should make it so. Also I noticed the chrome has started to rust where we wipe it with a damp cloth which I think is dreadful as it is only a month old. I don't recommend this product.

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb budget machine, 5 Mar 2014
Mr. A. J. Smith (Bournemouth, UK) - See all my reviews
My old Russel Hobbs machine died a few days ago after about 20 years of service, and I was worried I'd have to spend lots to replace it. Was very surprised by the cost of this (about 33) - I had no idea you could get anything that cheaply. In no way is this a barista-level machine, but makes perfectly good filter coffee, which is all I need.
Contrary to some other reviews I'm finding it very easy to fill with water - just don't tip the jug at a very acute angle to start with as the lid (which is hinged) may tip.
The machine is very light (it's mostly plastic, which is understandable for the price) with a compact design, and the water levels on the jug and machine are easy to see. The filter is nice and wide and fits perfectly.
As you can see from the pictures it looks very smart, and I'm impressed by how much thought has gone into the design.
The 2hr auto turn-off is fine by me. Some may not be happy about that, but it's more than enough for my purposes (supposedly coffee begins to lose its taste after standing for about an hour anyway). I personally will probably not use the timer function, but it's ideal for those who know what time they'll be getting up in the morning. There's also an "Aroma" setting if you're just making one or two cups. This seemingly prevents weak coffee coming through when it starts brewing (percolating?) although I've not tried this (I like a lot of coffee).

Slight criticisms (not bad enough to lose a star) - the cable (about 18") may not be long enough for you.
The cable was also very tightly wound which seems to have given it a permanent kink.
There is some cardboard packaging under the lid (of the machine not the jug). A stray piece of cardboard fell into the water compartment. Had to turn it upside down to get it out.

Overall - nice coffee, easy to use, very affordable.

4.0 out of 5 stars Quality Machine With Little Or No Hassle, 16 Feb 2014
Before purchasing this coffee machine I read the reviews. The only thing that concerned me were the comments on the water level and filling it. Whilst I agree with some reviews that the water level could be clearer, I have had no problems figuring out the correct amount of water. As it concerns filling the machine, this is without complication even though the water container opening is a little small.

Overall, I have been pleased with this machine in the one month that I have owned it. The digital display is clear as are the operating instructions. The quality of the coffee is as good as one would expect with a filter machine.

I cannot give the machine five stars because of the niggle on the water level and the fact that it only keeps the coffee warm for two hours (I knew this before purchasing).

‹ Previous | 1 2 314 | Next ›