5.0 out of 5 stars well satisfied
we looked for sometime before ordering ,we really did our homework to find the right phone and came up with this one,we were not disappointed.its easy to set up easy to use, altogether a really good phone.we can actually see who is calling now with its large screen and loud ring[optional]our ears and eyes are not so good theses days so whoopee we have been born again
Published on 10 Feb 2012 by huntsman

2.0 out of 5 stars Dont buy if you want the colour VIP caller feature...
Published 19 months ago by Tentus Erectus

5.0 out of 5 stars well satisfied, 10 Feb 2012

5.0 out of 5 stars Gigaset A510A Twin DECT Cordless Phone, 3 Oct 2011
The phones came in the manufacturers box, inside an Amazon box stuffed with crumpled paper - hand delivered by courier.
As soon as I received the phones I inserted the batteries and plugged the base station into the mains supply. At first the handsets couldn't find the base and register themselves. This was due to the power connection on the base unit not being fully inserted. Once this was done it was easy to set up the phones and record an outgoing message without even referring to the manual. Everything I found easy and intuitive to set up. I will deliver a verdict on ease of use and quality in a short while after using them. All in all so far appears to be a good product :)Gigaset A510A Twin DECT Cordless Phone - Black
Ok after using the phones for a time I find them easy to use, call volume is very good, important for me as I seem to be getting harder of hearing lately, they record messages fine and I love the way you add callers to the onboard directory - all in all I reckon these were a good buy!

5.0 out of 5 stars Siemens Gigaset A510A is excellent value, 7 Nov 2011
I don't buy latest electronic gadgets for sake of it but needed to replace our reliable but old BT cordless duo of 7 years as one of the screens went blank. Wanted a trio set with answermachine, and after a lot of research decided on this one, and I'm not disappointed. It ticks all the boxes. Got it for 60 at Amazon within 2 days. + well made (feels a little light compared with old BT cordless but still robust) - will stand upright but not very sturdy (small base) so best laid down when not in cradle. + Set up is dead easy (well I cheated and got my 14 y.o. geeky daughter to set it up without even reading manual) I fine turned the many useful options (each handset can have different settings) using the easy to follow manual. Haven't tried the a/m remote yet but so far after 1 months use am very pleased and highly recommend this phone.

4.0 out of 5 stars Gigaset Cordless Phones, 23 Feb 2012
Stanley Gray "frenlect" (Nantwich Cheshire) - See all my reviews
Smart looking phones easy to set up. Good quality incoming voice reception. Once charged, the handset can be left off the base for a long time before the need to recharge arises. Plenty of ring tones to choose from. Only one negative criticism and that is that the volume of ring tone for incoming calls is too low. If you do not take the handset with you when you move to another room you may miss a call, especially if you are watching a TV programme.

5.0 out of 5 stars Gr8 phone, 20 Jan 2012
I am so happy with this pair of phones. easy to setup, quality is super and what you need. recommend to anyone.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 19 Jan 2012
good reception across a large stone built house; appear well made; easy setup; lots of functions that you may not need

5.0 out of 5 stars 5 star, 20 Jun 2013
CP "CePe" (Hertfordshire) - See all my reviews
Big improvement on a similar but much older, BT Diverse 5350. No great problem to set up, even for a non 'techie' 80yr old. Sound, Display & features are excellent. Only criticism is with the user manual which could be improved on.

4.0 out of 5 stars Speaker volume is quite low on handsfree mode, but otherwise great value, 26 Jun 2012
This review is from: Gigaset A510A Single DECT Cordless Phone - Black (Electronics)
Packed with features and easy to use. Call quality is excellent and I use it all around the house without interference. I don't get called very often on my landline ("Aww" I hear you say!) so my favourite feature is the ability to set the ringer to be turned off during certain hours - so I don't get bothered by telesales etc. I use the phone daily for making conference calls for work and usually have it in hands free mode. It does the job fine, though the handsfree speaker seems a little too quiet for my liking (and I'm not aware that I have any hearing problems). In summary, a great all-round phone, though if you're likely to use the handsfree mode often, you may benefit from looking at a different model.

5.0 out of 5 stars Cordless phone with answering machine, 16 Mar 2012
A good quality answer phone for the price. I have not had any problems with it at all and therefore I highly recommend it.

2.0 out of 5 stars Dont buy if you want the colour VIP caller feature..., 7 Dec 2012
I bought this particular phone as it was the only one I could find that offered a different colour background display when one of your designated "VIP" callers rings you. This seemed a great idea as I would be able to see from across the room when the mother-in-law was calling and give me sufficient time to escape! Furthermore, "Which?" was fulsome in its praise for Gigaset (nee Siemens) as a brand, and these phones are actually made in Germany rather than the Orient. I was therefore sorely disappointed when I set up the phones (I bought the Duo set) to discover the colour background feature did not work. Naturally, I assumed that I had done something wrong, so I re-read the manual and, when that didn't work, communicated with Gigaset via their online chat facility. The latter resulted in me carrying out a hard reset of phones and base to restore factory settings. That didn't work either and so I returned the phones and asked for a replacement. Amazon's returns service functioned beautifully, as ever, and I received a replacement within days. It has exactly the same fault! This time I phoned Gigaset for help but, unfortunately, a call centre operator far, far away, and with inadequate English, gave me no confidence that they would help - and, sure enough, they didn't. I then went back to Amazon via on-line chat and proposed that, since this seemed to be a design problem with the phone that no amount of replacements would fix, I would keep the second phone (which otherwise seems to work fine) and do without the colour VIP caller feature if they would consider a partial refund. They agreed to this. So, as ever, Amazon were great, its just a shame that the product let the experience down. I guess German Quality Control is just not what it used to be.

Just to clarify the problem. I have Caller ID enabled on my phone service and, with my VIP callers nominated in the phone directory, I successfully see them identified by name when the phone rings. The special ringtones I have assigned to them also work fine. However, when the phone rings, the background display remains on the default blue whomever is calling, rather than the red, orange or green VIP background colours I have variously assigned to them.

In summary then, I would not recommend this phone if, like me, you were attracted mainly by the colour VIP caller feature. Other observations are that, on full volume, the ringer is not particularly loud and the sound quality in the headset, while adequate, is not the clearest (and my hearing's fine). The satellite phone also has a very small and lightweight base that is easily knocked over. All-in-all then, not a lot of vorsprung durch technik!