5.0 out of 5 stars Such fun! Very highly recommended
I cannot recommend this enough. Miranda Hart is so loveable as 'Miranda' - a kind of warped version of her actual self because if you've seen her on talk shows etc. she is equally as loveable.

Published on 15 Nov 2011 by Miss S. Hocking

3.0 out of 5 stars Three Stars
bought as gift, it didn't go down well
Published 5 months ago by old hand

5.0 out of 5 stars Such fun! Very highly recommended, 15 Nov 2011
Miss S. Hocking (Cornwall) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Miranda - Series 1-2 [DVD] (DVD)

The series both follow Miranda in her every day life where she owns a quirky gift shop with Stevie (annoying but brilliant!) and each episode is about something different that she does i.e get a 'real' job, goes on a fake holiday etc.. Each episode is so great because even if it's slightly 'silly' comedy it is so well written and really, really funny. I have laughed out loud on numerous occasions and it's just harmless fun and family friendly!

There's also a love story of 'will they, won't they?' between Miranda and Gary the chef (adorable and yummy!) which really keeps you watching throughout. Miranda's Mum is one of the stars of the show in my opinion - she's so great.

Anyway I'll leave it at that, but seriously give it a go even if you've heard people say that it's rubbish - most likely they are comedy snobs who can't see past some silliness to see it's a warm, loveable, smart, sometimes touching and very funny sitcom.

I'm 21 and I am not ashamed to say I love Miranda!

5.0 out of 5 stars Magnetic Miranda Hits the Spot., 5 Nov 2011
ACB(swansea) - See all my reviews
(TOP 50 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Miranda - Series 1-2 [DVD] (DVD)
These two series of Miranda Hart are riding brilliantly high in the comedy vehicle. This is well-deserved as she has brought a refreshing approach to the well-trodden pathway of domestic comedy. Her style is her own creation and her desire to perform in her own fashion has been justified by the popularity and ratings. Miranda is a belly-laugh comedienne. Not averse to self-parody, using her physical attributes to effect, nor to engaging the audience face to face using the camera as a personal observer. Natural and very funny. Scripts and characters are first-class. The situations she engenders are the background for her hilarity. The cast she performs with are just brilliant. Chef and fancy ('in your dreams') Gary (Tom Ellis) gives the romantic factor, old friend and shop colleague Stevie (the 'tell it as it is but look to see who is more attractive' but not in your face, Sarah Hadland), the posh boarding school friend Tilly (No thankyou darling, see you at Henley' )and the marvellous single-minded 'do-as-I say' mother Penny (Patricia Hodge) and 'if you don't listen I'm not bothered', add to the scenario, with other outrageous characters entering into the melee as and when deemed appropriate.Miranda makes you laugh. That is the essence of comedy. Not many can do that consistenly. Absolutely fabulous, as they say. Can't wait for the next series. These DVD's will help big time whilst we wait.

4.0 out of 5 stars Love it!, 19 April 2013
John Swallow (London United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Miranda - Series 1-2 [DVD] (DVD)
I used to find this show cringeworthy, and couldn't manage to watch more than 2 or 3 minutes of it. Thank you to 'Call the Midwife' for making me realise what a fine actress Miranda Hart actually is. :-)

I stumbled back across the very first episode of Miranda on UK Gold a few weeks ago and sat there crying with laughter. I had to buy this to get as much Miranda inside me as possible (looks at camera and says "Naughty.") It's brilliant. The only thing that still makes me want to punch the screen is Stevie doing her impression of Heather Small. Yes it was funny once, but do we really need it in every single episode?

Long may it continue.

5.0 out of 5 stars Pure brilliance!!, 21 Sep 2011
This review is from: Miranda - Series 1-2 [DVD] (DVD)
Absolutely hilarious comedy! A must buy!! Very entertaining and i loved both series, had me in stitches every episode! It is a family comedy and great fun for the whole family!! i definitely recommend this dvd

5.0 out of 5 stars A pure joy, 5 Nov 2011
B. Russell - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)
This review is from: Miranda - Series 1-2 [DVD] (DVD)
This Miranda boxset is a pure joy from start to finish. Both Series 1 and Series 2 had me laughing all the time, at some points I couldnt even stop laughing, I was in stitches!
Miranda Hart as the charecter Miranda is just simply amazing, and her miscap family and freinds just supply joy after joy.

All 13 episodes will keep you entertained, including the 2010 christmas special :D

This is simply a must buy and at this price you really cant go wrong!

5.0 out of 5 stars refreshing humor, 14 Jun 2013
This review is from: Miranda - Series 1-2 [DVD] (DVD)
I started watching Miranda on our local (US/PBS) channel. I got what I call hooked on this series. This type of humor is not shown on this side of the pond. [The female being caught in human thoughts and actions.]
It has since been cancelled and I am so glad that I purchased these DVD's. Makes me laugh and is refreshing. Such fun. I want more.

5.0 out of 5 stars Miranda can do no wrong!, 9 May 2013
This review is from: Miranda - Series 1-2 [DVD] (DVD)
Would recommend to anyone who hasn't seen them yet - the series are fab! She is so blissfully easy to watch, simple but completely effective homour and a totally refreshing change from some of the other Brit comedy out there. If you relate to her in the slightest, you'll completely enjoy it! :)

5.0 out of 5 stars Simply the best Miranda, 9 May 2013
This review is from: Miranda - Series 1-2 [DVD] (DVD)
Hilarious. As comforting as a cup of hot chocolate .A pleasure to watch. Love it. Watching again again. The whole cast are wonderful.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful, 9 May 2013
This review is from: Miranda - Series 1-2 [DVD] (DVD)
Miranda Hart is amazing. This is one of the greatest sitcoms I've ever seen. Good on you, Miranda, bring us more series!

5.0 out of 5 stars Really good, 5 May 2013
This review is from: Miranda - Series 1-2 [DVD] (DVD)
I brought this DVD for my Granddaughter at Christmas and she was over the moon with it.
Good value and good sound and picture quality.

I would recommend it.

Miranda - Series 1-2 [DVD]
Miranda - Series 1-2 [DVD] by Juliet May (DVD - 2011)