4.0 out of 5 stars Great, exactly what I was looking for
At first glance: The packaging looked professional and definately does the product justice. The box isnt oversized as you get with some products and so I can easily store this away so I can keep my Pulse safe in the future!

Published on 20 Feb. 2012 by Barry

1.0 out of 5 stars Unreliable tuning stability
Sound OK but instability of favorite settings needed frequent readjustment.My last straw is the remote Ctrl now broken & Rejected.
Published 12 months ago by FJK Sonnex

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars Great, exactly what I was looking for, 20 Feb. 2012
This review is from: Kitsound Pulse Internet Radio with DAB and Wi-Fi - White/Silver (Electronics)

I was looking for a DAB radio to put on our kitchen size, we didnt want anything too bulky and so when I looked throught the images of the Kitsound KSPULSE it looked perfect. The colours are smart and when I got it out of the box the product looks even bette rin real life. The silvery finish around the outsife of the Pulse looks great in the kitchen and also the matte finish means it doesnt get dirty easily and wont show up fingerprints!

Although I hdnt heard of the brand KitSound previously, this product definately shows its high standard and I cant wait to make my next KitSound purchase.

I hoped that the product wouldnt be complicated to set up and was plesantly suprised, all in all it took me an impressive 5 minutes to set up with a little bit of help from the user manual which contains a few impressive jokes to make it all that more interesting. The manual is well written with pictures to assist with the set up and nothing unnecessary included.

On turning it on the set-up wizard did not come up initially but after following the instructions it was very easy to find. The station search via the DAB option was very quick and everything was stored conveniently in alphabetical order.

The only issue is I cant find how to list them in a favorites list! :(

Finding a wireless output was very straight-forward, you just simply put in your internet password and it connects. Only downside is there are far too many stations for the display! (perfect for anyone looking for one of those obscure stations)

After listening to a few of my favourite stations including Jack FM i decided to take advantage of the aux function and connected my iPhone 4. I was worried that the aux function would reduce the sound quality but was quickly proved wrong, and everyone in the house is already fighting over what they want to listen to!

Both the digital and FM signals are very strong and I have never had the fuzziness you would with your bog standard radio.

The sleek remote control included means that i don thave to get up from the chair one side of the kitchen to walk over to the radio to change stations - a perfect addition. Using the remote you can set an alarm, not something I would use but again a great touch.

The podcast option is great, there will never be a worry of running out of things to listen to! Ive also recently made a playlist on my laptop which I can stream to the radio, this will be perfect during get-togethers.

Alk the menu settings and search options are very straight forward although once little complaint is the bottons are a bit clicky.

I thought the volume wouldnt be very good with just the one speaker but the quality and sound is very good, even at quite a high volume.

Overall I am very pleased with my purchase and would fully recommend this product to others.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great features for the price, 20 July 2013
My wife wanted a radio/CD player for the kitchen, I pointed out that most of her music is stored as MP3 on my home server. So I got her this.

It's got so many features that you don't normally find on Internet radios, media streamers etc at this price. But essentially we can listen to DAB radio, Internet radio stations and stream music from my server. It does all we need and more. The input/output connections are a bonus, we can input from any source using the 3.5mm line in, and have stereo phono outputs. I also like that it doesn't just rely on wifi, if it's near a network point I can plug in an ethernet cable.

Build quality is reasonable, my only criticism would be the button layout and that the buttons don't have a particularly positive feel when you press them. That said, the buttons work fine and give quick access to every function you need, but I find the remote control easier to use.

Sound quality is good right up to loud volumes. For what we use it for we don't need stereo sound, but some people might be fussy and consider other products that do have stereo speakers built in rather than the mono speaker in this unit. Personally, I'd rather have a big, quality single speaker than a couple of tinny little ones.

5.0 out of 5 stars Pleasant surprise, 8 July 2012
Bought the Kitsound KSPulse radio. For me, this was a bit of a gamble, as there were only a few reviews I could find and the information on their website was not as detailed as I would have liked. However, it seemed to offer more than I was looking for (DAB/DAB+/Internet Radio/Streaming of music from my PC/Playing of music from my mp3 player and phone), looked attractive (important for my wife in the new kitchen, but wasn't sure until we'd seen it in the flesh) and had a remote control. It also currently appears at a significant discount (around £100), which seemed to undercut the opposition and is bizarrely close to their lower-spec model.
We've had DAB for about 3 years, but have been unimpressed with the sporadic reception. When the display panel started to play-up on our current radio, we thought we would move away from DAB and give a dedicated internet radio a try (we already listen to the BBC iPlayer and podcasts through our mobiles, and are pleased with this). As the Kitsound also had DAB, this gave us an option when we didn't want to overuse our monthly broadband allowance.
Results have been largely excellent. It is slightly smaller than expected, which I prefer and is actually more attractive... quite classy even. Internet radio works well and was very easy to setup, also, streaming from the PC makes the thousands of songs rarely listened to instantly and easily available, which is like getting a new record collection. Just be aware (may be obvious), that you will need your PC switched on whilst you listen. An unexpected bonus was that the DAB reception is much better than our old radio, so we often use DAB and then use Internet radio and streaming for variety. We've had one niggle and this was that the "select" button was a little unresponsive (works fine on the remote). I contacted the company and they said this was a known issue and should "free-up" after some use. This appears to have been the case, so are currently very satisfied indeed. Sound quality is also of a very good standard for a radio of this size, with more than enough volume for comfortable listening in a large room. I'm surprised that there is not more information out there on this radio as it seems an under-discovered bargain.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wowee, 31 Oct. 2011
After being the proud owner of Kitsound's wonderful Boom Dock I required something more practical in size (but not sound) to help me through the humdrum periods at work.

The product arrived extremely promptly after I placed my order and as soon as the welcome screen burst into life and after going through the initial setup (which was very intuitive and effortless) l knew this little gem was destined to be my new friend.

The sound is pretty punchy, being rich and round and very pleasant straight out of the box. Digital and FM signals were strong and clear and connecting my iPhone via aux in provided equally good results. Programmes containing speech sounded very clear. Not explored it's ability to stream yet.

I then tinkered with the settings and was able to increase bass thus improving the quality even more.

The slim remote is a very nice touch with the ability to access the many available programme presets along with all the usual options .

This is a great product and you can be sure owning one of these will entertain you through your days, definitely raising your pulse with excitement.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good radio, 20 Sept. 2013
Excellent sound but the less able to programme among us might find it a little frustrating. Light is a little bright at night and still trying to figure out how to turn it down duh!

5.0 out of 5 stars On the pulse!, 6 Nov. 2011
So good! Super quick delivery from Amazon as always. Out of the box the wizard took me though the set up and very quickly the sounds of some super sweet soul came floating out. The way to search for stations is very easy and I'm loving finding new ones. The sound quality is great, very full and with plenty of detail. We have this in the kitchen (I like to listen to music when I am cooking)and this little box is a real treat. Got quite a few comments from freinds when I used it as the sound system for a party (streaming a playlist from my computer upstairs and then flicked between some great stations that do non stop music). They were suprised that something so small had such a big sound! Quite a beautiful bit of equipment.

Sound Quality 10/10
Looks 10/10
Ease of use 10/10

Viva the internet radio revolution.

Well done Kitsound!!!

4.0 out of 5 stars I just love this machine, 22 April 2014
So why did I not give it 5 stars. Tell you later. For years I have relied on my Sony dream machine as an alarm clock radio. It did everything I wanted with the minimum of clicks, but it only delivers am and fm. My favorite channels are on am and predominately talk/news/sport. Sadly, where I live now the reception on everything is appalling. AM is incomprehensible after dark and fm channels drift in and out. DAB gives me BBC channels, but that's it. I started listening to radio over the internet on my tablet and found everything I enjoyed was available albeit with no alarm/sleep function and a very scratchy speaker.

A lot of research later, I ordered the Pulse. There were some negative comments, but you have to read between the lines so hey ho.
It arrived with the normal Amazon efficiency, got plugged in, then all I had to do was sit back and watch it find the DAB stations and connect to my router. As suspected my DAB signal is very poor so I listen via the internet and get every channel I could want. The sound is surprisingly good for a single speaker machine (I do listen to music as well) and there is the added benefit of the remote control. It allows me to have the radio away from the bedside table. I am very happy with the Pulse, but I hope Justin from Kitsound is reading this.

Why oh why do you over complicate things. With my old Sony, if you woke early, one touch would cancel the alarm. Unless I haven't found the shortcuts, to cancel the alarm early on the Pulse requires the radio to be turned on (not good when SWMBO is asleep) and then to navigate three or four steps through the menu.

If there is a short cut, somebody please tell me. Other than that little niggle it's a really nice piece of kit and I highly recommend it.

4.0 out of 5 stars Lovely sound quality, but some design drawbacks..., 12 Nov. 2013
Ordered this because radio reception where we live is poor - both FM and DAB - so internet radio seemed to be the only solution. It works perfectly and the sound quality is rich and clear. On the down side, you can only read the time easily when the radio is not on - which seems such a simple issue that I can't believe the designers didn't spot it. Moving around the menu is clunky - even for simple things like adjusting the volume. So - it has solved my problem and produces a lovely quality sound - but it has vastly over-complicated simple things.

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice little Internet radio/alarm for £100, 19 April 2013
Generally I'm impressed with this system which I use as a radio/alarm and a DLNA (UPnP) client, though I thought I'd mention a couple of negatives having lived with it for a few months:

1. As someone mentioned earlier, the "on-radio" buttons sometimes take a bit of pressing to engage.
2. There are only two available alarms, four would have been nice.
3. Even with wired ethernet connection, when playing wav files from my DLNA server, there is a lot of stuttering that I don't get on other DLNA clients and I have to transcode the wav files to mp3 files to get them to run smoothly.
4. Whilst the facility to play DLNA playlists is available, the playlist size is small and if the DLNA playlist is too big (as all of mine seem to be) then they won't play.

These minor niggles aside, it's still a value for money product that I'd recommend.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great features, quality product., 10 April 2014
P. Joyce "nooglo" (Derby) - See all my reviews
Have just received this as a present & I love it!

The Internet Radio - Super easy to set up & works great, huge selection of channels. Works over Ethernet & WiFi. Really pleased with the WiFi feature as I usually struggle to get a good WiFi signal in my house, but this picks it up great.

Media Player - again, works great from my Windows 7 PC once the files have been placed in the right Public Folders on your PC. Again, very easy to set up - didn't need to look at the instructions.

DAB & FM Radio - Again, works like a dream, does what you'd expect.

Nice to see both headphone out and phono out on the rear of the device for when you need that extra bit of sound. Along with an Aux in, you really can't complain.

Great amount of features for the price that actually work!

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›