on 27 September 2012
Enjoyed this as a follow up to reading, "The China Study". It has given me another push towards healthy eating and changing my life style.
The receipts are a little slanted towards American products and I would like to see more of a European flavor. I very much like the fresh ingredients aspect and avoidance of processed foods.
Since buying this book I have also purchased the Forks Over Knives Cookbook.
Over all, a quick and easy read.
on 14 April 2013
It certainly was life changing for me. I watched the movie and bought the book after learning that two of the largest and most comprehensive studies in human diet are routinely swept under the carpet. No surprise really when you find out that their findings reveal that the primary cause of heart disease and cancers is using animal products as food. I've been vegan since watching the film. Powerful stuff and highly recommended.
on 8 November 2013
People ought to watch this movie in the Doctors waiting room, it will turn their lives around and bring great health to them and the planet. Go Vegan!!
on 22 December 2011
These are ideas I have heard about for years ... here it is clear and well put. Breaks some of the myths around food and gives another bigger picture. I have not finished it yet .. but enjoy diving in to find some new piece to read.
on 29 June 2013
After spending my life eating animal based food i realized throught this film and book that I could have something more. To shorten the story, my total cholesterol dropped from 212 to 181 mg/dl (5.5 to 4.7 mmol/l) in 40 days. Amazing!
on 10 June 2012
This book is an interesting read, but not very much use for those outside America, I'm in the UK and trying to decipher some of the ingredients and then coming across brand names that I have no chance of finding are not particularly helpful. The overall idea is good, but I've only tried one recipe so far and it was bland to say the least.
on 6 January 2014
Very good guide to a proper way of a healthy lifestyle which my wife and I are currently adopting,particularly after watching the video that is associated with the book and using some of the delicious recipes in the book and adjusting my diet accordingl I lost 17lbs in two months and feel healthy and have much more energy and get up and go. The only reason I have given it 4 stars instead of 5 is that it is written from an American viewpoint and some of the contents are a little hard to comprehend compared to the British viewpoint.
on 1 January 2013
Having been Vegan for a long while I know the worth of plant based living and this book simply backed up my own belief that the foods on offer today are generally far from wholesome. Too much salt, too much preservative, too much colouring etc. basically too many chemicals.

This book is worth reading if only to make people stop and think what they are putting into their bodies and then perhaps buy a couple less ready meals!
on 3 July 2015
Clinicians and researchers explain simply and clearly how a vegan diet can reverse and prevent many chronic illnesses. Also they expose the food industry's influence on government advisers who give wrong advice to consumers about diet. I would have liked a short mention of other toxins the consumer can avoid to improve health. I'm thinking about mercury in fish but also in dental fillings, root canals, gluten in food and fluoride in water and almost every toothpaste.
on 20 June 2014
Although we probably know all this and although the DVD of Forks over Knives is quite American - it speaks the cold hard truth you sometimes need to hear. It has helped me move to a plant based diet from a not so healthy vegetarian and really made me question things on more than ethical grounds. Great recipes and easy to follow. Really pleased I got this.