5.0 out of 5 stars One of the best cameras to carry everywhere!
The Pentax Q is a gem! Excellent classic looking camera with controls and functionality like an advanced DSLR yet in a small magnesium-alloy body with interchangeable lenses. Unless you are a pixel peeper do not worry about the sensor size. The image quality is very good, very close to my E-PL2 which is amazing for a small sensor.

I like:

- smallest...
Published on 22 Mar. 2012 by Marco

3.0 out of 5 stars A nice camera, but for a better photographer than me...
If you want a conversation piece camera - this is it! Guys love it because it has all the bells and whistles of a proper DSLR (gadget appeal), girls love it because it is tiny and "cute".

We have a proper DSLR, which this was supposed to augment, That you can just whip it out and snap away in Auto, then if you have the time to be a bit creative, you can...
Published 18 months ago by Bob Shaw

5.0 out of 5 stars A real camera that fits in your pocket!, 6 Jun. 2012
This camera is perfect for those who what a camera that can produce the goods and still fit in your jacket pocket. No point repeating what everyone else is saying here, it's nearly all good news! The only thing I would say is ...watch what you pay!
They started off at 600 pounds!! But if you wait and watch the prices here at Amazon, they go up one week and down the next and then up again. Time it right and you can pick up a bargain. I got mine for 250! Worth every penny.

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolute bargain, 3 Feb. 2012
J. Weeks (London, UK) - See all my reviews
Broadly, all the online reviews for this lovely little camera were written when it was £700.
Essentially they say "cute, great fun, but waaaay too expensive".

Now it's more like half that original asking price, I can report that it's an absolute bargain.
"cute, great fun, and not way too expensive".

It's a proper camera. The image quality is MUCH higher than it should be for this price/size... And the thing's like a tiny jewel in your hand. It's tremendously well made and solid.

I dithered for ages, but since my "Q" arrived a couple of days ago it has really rekindled my love of photography.
I'll be keeping my SLR, because it gives me great joy, too... But honestly - this thing's a steal. love it.

5.0 out of 5 stars By no means an expert but very happy with the Q, 28 Mar. 2012
I read the reviews in the online photograhy magazines and decided to ignore the sniffy kind, so glad I did as the Q has exceeded my expectations. I know from previous experience of having a large, "proper" camera that I just wouldn't ever carry it anywhere but wanted a step up from my ultracompact Canon IXUS 100. I looked at Micro Four Thirds cameras but they are way too big and/or pricey for me.
People have commented on the image quality of the photos I have taken with the Q and the effects are very interesting, particularly the watercolour filter. I may find that I take a lot more interest in this taking pictures lark than I have done before.

4.0 out of 5 stars Almost perfect, 12 Jun. 2012
I bought this camera to take on walking trips and it is almost perfect for the job.
The small size and supplied neck/shoulder strap mean it's easy to carry around, and the camera itself is great to use. The controls are all quite intuitive with the standard stuff in the right places (lens rings for focus etc.) so I found it easy to pick the camera up and quickly start snapping whilst going along.
The results I got from this camera were really good. The photos are clear and detailed. The camera copes well with overcast weather and it's even possible to get quite vibrant colours.
Overall, this is a great camera for my purposes. My only real complaint is that they didn't put a string on the lens cap meaning that I have to find some place to store it when I take it off. This is a minor annoyance but it one that's noticeable due to repetition.

4.0 out of 5 stars Feature Packed Mini Marvel, 2 July 2014
I struggled with the star rating. Its a lovely camera loaded with features and beautifully made. But its not comfy to hold, its too small for my liking but at £146 on sale how can i complain. There are some excellent video reviews of this online.

4.0 out of 5 stars nice camera, 3 Jan. 2014
this tiny camera has satisfied my basic need on photography and i enjoy it very much!! it's easy to operate and comes out with great picture

3.0 out of 5 stars Hmm!, 11 Nov. 2013
Had this little thing for several months now so I feel i have 'run it in' so to speak and the one thing I can say for certain is that PQ in auto mode is awful. Since auto is what i spend most of my time using (since this camera is made for taking everywhere and snapping away with) this is a big disappointment. Everything seems a little dull and microscopically out of focus (my £69 Fuji takes sharper, clearer pictures). I've fiddled with the hundreds of different modes and can't get it to be 'just so'. Really frustrating.

On the good side though, build quality is fantastic, the flexibility is outstanding (incredible number of modes and 'art' settings and filters) and i can't fault the spec at all.

However, picture quality is king is it not? Doesn't matter what the camera 'can' do if the pics are only 'hmm' then nothing else matters.

Just glad i got it for only £149 and not the original asking price (£800!!!).

4.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for the price, 29 Oct. 2013
T. BAKER "tpwb" (London) - See all my reviews
Great little camera, I had intended to buy another lens for my DSLR to go alongside a fixed 50mm, but bought this instead. So small it fits in my pocket, and some fun effects - especially the time lapse function.

5.0 out of 5 stars impossible to stop smiling, 3 Sept. 2013
size hah what size fits in my bumbag you try doing that with your average dslr ,and not walk with a permanent limp, in all honesty fellas if like me your getting on a bit, was born with a camera in your hand like i was and just want something to carry about that's light responsive and easy to use then this babies for you.
ive had to hunt through my pockets to find it, rather then lump the thing out and prepare myself for some armache. pictures the same as my my old 35 mm and now dslr what more could you want. i go out for a walk put it around my neck put it inside my jacket and hey i dont look pregnant.
the lenses are ok if a little pricey, but if you hunt around i got a 800mm that doubles to 1600mm for under 100 what more do you want.
joking aside professionals (that includes me) out there while you are sorting out what where and why ive taken the shot or several. its got everything a dslr got only smaller.ive had to put it down to write this review, now im finished its game on!!!!! shame ive only got two thumbs but one hell of a grin.

5.0 out of 5 stars Small but perfectly formed!, 3 Sept. 2013
There's lots to like about this camera, from the ease of use to the wide range of presets that help you take professional looking shots straight out of the box.

The manual focus option is a real bonus as well and is what sets it apart from other non-mirror digitals that i've used before.

The only draw back is that i tend to accidentally change settings (mainly from single shot to multi) as i'm not quite used to such a small camera!