5.0 out of 5 stars One of the best cameras to carry everywhere!
The Pentax Q is a gem! Excellent classic looking camera with controls and functionality like an advanced DSLR yet in a small magnesium-alloy body with interchangeable lenses. Unless you are a pixel peeper do not worry about the sensor size. The image quality is very good, very close to my E-PL2 which is amazing for a small sensor.

I like:

- smallest...
Published on 22 Mar. 2012 by Marco

3.0 out of 5 stars A nice camera, but for a better photographer than me...
If you want a conversation piece camera - this is it! Guys love it because it has all the bells and whistles of a proper DSLR (gadget appeal), girls love it because it is tiny and "cute".

We have a proper DSLR, which this was supposed to augment, That you can just whip it out and snap away in Auto, then if you have the time to be a bit creative, you can...
Published 21 months ago by Bob Shaw

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolute bargain, 3 Feb. 2012
J. Weeks (London, UK) - See all my reviews
Broadly, all the online reviews for this lovely little camera were written when it was £700.
Essentially they say "cute, great fun, but waaaay too expensive".

Now it's more like half that original asking price, I can report that it's an absolute bargain.
"cute, great fun, and not way too expensive".

It's a proper camera. The image quality is MUCH higher than it should be for this price/size... And the thing's like a tiny jewel in your hand. It's tremendously well made and solid.

I dithered for ages, but since my "Q" arrived a couple of days ago it has really rekindled my love of photography.
I'll be keeping my SLR, because it gives me great joy, too... But honestly - this thing's a steal. love it.

5.0 out of 5 stars A real camera that fits in your pocket!, 6 Jun. 2012
This camera is perfect for those who what a camera that can produce the goods and still fit in your jacket pocket. No point repeating what everyone else is saying here, it's nearly all good news! The only thing I would say is ...watch what you pay!
They started off at 600 pounds!! But if you wait and watch the prices here at Amazon, they go up one week and down the next and then up again. Time it right and you can pick up a bargain. I got mine for 250! Worth every penny.

5.0 out of 5 stars Q. As a second camera, 31 Aug. 2013
I bought this as an extra to, not to replace my DSLR. One of the reasons I lurched the Q was the compact size, and the reviews, oh and price. Having had a fairly good chance to play with it now I am very impressed. I could have spent way more on the Q 10, but really couldn't see the point in all the extra cash for not a great difference. Really good price for a nicely compact, good spec quality feel csc, I was very pleasantly surprised. The cost of extra lenses is not really important to me as the tiny zoom this came with is very good, if I want greater flexibility I would use my DSLR. This is a great little camera, packed with features at a price, for an older model agreed, that you would only get a reasonable compace fixed lense camera. Before you purchase a Q10, I would say really look at this first, again excellent

5.0 out of 5 stars By no means an expert but very happy with the Q, 28 Mar. 2012
I read the reviews in the online photograhy magazines and decided to ignore the sniffy kind, so glad I did as the Q has exceeded my expectations. I know from previous experience of having a large, "proper" camera that I just wouldn't ever carry it anywhere but wanted a step up from my ultracompact Canon IXUS 100. I looked at Micro Four Thirds cameras but they are way too big and/or pricey for me.
People have commented on the image quality of the photos I have taken with the Q and the effects are very interesting, particularly the watercolour filter. I may find that I take a lot more interest in this taking pictures lark than I have done before.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great little camera for stills, not so good for video, 6 Jan. 2013
This review is from: Pentax Q Compact System Camera with 8.5mm Lens Kit - White (Electronics)
Great little camera, just about fits in your pocket with this lens. Good results for stills, but video playback, although fine on the camera screen, can be stuttery on the PC at all resolutions (full HD, HD and VGA).

5.0 out of 5 stars Surprisingly Super!, 5 July 2013
First of all you are likely to be able to get this camera cheaper by doing a little searching, and i got it for £150 elsewhere - I thought `why not' as it was a bargain and would say; from such a tiny camera the results are very impressive. I have plenty of cameras and use them for different situations, but for size v function this has to be the best. It has the same features as the Pentax DSLRs and the same build quality in a tiny magnesium body. The picture quality in terms of pixel resolution is not going to be quite as good as the Dslrs, but in terms of exposure latitude, sharpness, colour rendition etc it's just as good.

5.0 out of 5 stars amazing little camera, 13 April 2013
This camera is surprisingly small, and looks fantastic. It is easy to use, there a many settings and image modes. The auto setting is a 'clever' auto and adjusts its own setting according to what you are photographing. And the manual settings are easy to use to create interesting effects. There is no zoom function with out the zoom lens, which when I bought it I was a bit worried about, but the photos are of such amazing quality (using the prime 8.5mm lens) you can zoom right into image and crop it to suit your needs. I would definitely recommend this camera to any one, I love it.

4.0 out of 5 stars Almost perfect, 12 Jun. 2012
I bought this camera to take on walking trips and it is almost perfect for the job.
The small size and supplied neck/shoulder strap mean it's easy to carry around, and the camera itself is great to use. The controls are all quite intuitive with the standard stuff in the right places (lens rings for focus etc.) so I found it easy to pick the camera up and quickly start snapping whilst going along.
The results I got from this camera were really good. The photos are clear and detailed. The camera copes well with overcast weather and it's even possible to get quite vibrant colours.
Overall, this is a great camera for my purposes. My only real complaint is that they didn't put a string on the lens cap meaning that I have to find some place to store it when I take it off. This is a minor annoyance but it one that's noticeable due to repetition.

4.0 out of 5 stars Feature Packed Mini Marvel, 2 July 2014
I struggled with the star rating. Its a lovely camera loaded with features and beautifully made. But its not comfy to hold, its too small for my liking but at £146 on sale how can i complain. There are some excellent video reviews of this online.

4.0 out of 5 stars nice camera, 3 Jan. 2014
this tiny camera has satisfied my basic need on photography and i enjoy it very much!! it's easy to operate and comes out with great picture