4.0 out of 5 stars Two Duds In A Row But A Good One At Last
Published on 28 Feb. 2013 by maven

1.0 out of 5 stars Morphy Richards single electric blanket
I switched the blanket on about 3 times only before it fused the whole circuit that it was attached to, and did this each time I tried. Our electrician declined to touch it, so as the return window has expired I have no option but to discard it and buy another.
Published on 12 Mar. 2013 by monty

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars Two Duds In A Row But A Good One At Last, 28 Feb. 2013
This review is from: Morphy Richards 75179 Fleece Washable Electric Blanket - Single (Kitchen & Home)
Having read the extensive reviews of the double bed version of this product and noted the many who received defective goods I deceided to take the side of the good reviews and go for it. The switching gear of the first one went after two days; the lights only came on for option 1 and 2 and where I needed to see what I was doing at the higher end went off. Also 1 and 2 were cold. I received a replacement pretty quick thanks to Amazon but after just a few days the top half of the blanket cooled while the knees down remained piping hot. Not much use when I bought it for a painful back problem. Having read the reviews of the other cheaper options they all have similar problems so I then bought the most expensive Dreamland single which is over fifty pounds only to find that the wires are very thick. A warning about Dreamland is that you have to pay the full postage or carrier charges for a return and not being on the mainland that was £30 for me. I then phoned the German company Beurer twice from the UK about how thick their wires were and no one phoned back so I went ahead and ordered, again really thick wires and had to send it back. So third time lucky I hope I will order the 75179 again.

UPDATE:
Well third time lucky and I have had the new replacement for three weeks or so now. It is great that the wires are unfeelable and it is a lovely warm blanket which has done my back and hip pain a lot of good. I am 5'10" and find the lenght very good though another six inches in width would have been nice. I dont think I could ever get a better blanket and all the others I tried had big heating wires.

5.0 out of 5 stars My second Morphy Richars Electric Blanket, 1 Feb. 2012
Charles Santos "Charles Santos" (Lisbon, Portugal) - See all my reviews
In December 2010 I bought one of these (the older version, they are not producing it anymore) and I love it. So now, December 2011 I bought this new one as a gift for me mom, who's getting old, so I guess she feels colds easily, and she loves it as well! Before the purchase, she was sleeping with many blankets, eiderdowns etc... Now she uses only one blanket, turns the electric blanket on, and has a comfy night.

Since I'm using the older version in me bed, and she is using this new one on hers, I don't know how different they are, but I love it, me mom loves it, and you should buy it.

The only thing that I don't like that much is that these blankets have a 12 hour timer, so before I go to sleep I make sure I turn it off for a few seconds, and turn it on again, otherwise it will turn off during the night. They should make a timerless version.

Worth every penny.

1.0 out of 5 stars Morphy Richards single electric blanket, 12 Mar. 2013

4.0 out of 5 stars Single bed electric blanket, 22 Oct. 2012
Frank Wood (West Midlands, UK) - See all my reviews
Easily fitted with supplied tapes though I prefer the fitted style. Four heating levels, two for pre-heating and two for overnight use and a safety override cut-out. More than adequate for its purpose.

5.0 out of 5 stars Morphy Richards 75179 Fleece Washable Electric Blanket, Single, 3 Mar. 2013
Jay Bee (Scotland, UK) - See all my reviews
Works fine. Heating element eems quite lightweight. Don't fancy putting it into a
washing machine, though, but this seems to be acceptable according to instructions.

5.0 out of 5 stars Satisfied customer., 11 Jun. 2013
I bought this blanket on behalf of an elderly friend who does not have access to the internet. She is completely satisfied with the purchase.

1.0 out of 5 stars It stopped working after a couple of months, 12 Mar. 2013
I wouldn't recommend this to anyone as it stopped working after two months. I will be returning the product shortly

3.0 out of 5 stars ok, 16 Jan. 2013
short length of blanket & wired for left hand use, use on right side and control is down by your feet, otherwise ok

3.0 out of 5 stars Morphy Richards Fleece Electric Blanket, 27 Jan. 2013
I purchased this particular blanket as I thought it was something more than just the normal blanket. However although price was higher the blanket is no better than a cheaper one! Yes it works and warms the bed but there was supposed to be extra heat at the feet end and there doesn't seem to be any more there than anywhere else.

4.0 out of 5 stars Electric Blanket, 17 April 2013
R. N. Boulton (Wiltshire UK) - See all my reviews
Delivered quickly,large enough to warm the bed properly,works very well.
The only minor problem is that I had yo use an extension cable because the cable fitted to the blanket was rather on the short size.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›