5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely brilliant and useful
Published on 31 Mar. 2012 by B. Evans

1.0 out of 5 stars Yuccy Plastic/TCP taste
Well what a great kettle,if you like your tea tasting of a cross between plastic and tcp.
Yes i have flushed it out umpteen times since i got it 4 days ago and the end result is the same
tea that tastes of plastic and tcp.
I noticed as soon as i opened the box i was hit by an overwhelming smell of plastic which of
course when the water is heated just...
Published on 28 Jan. 2012 by N. J. Bryant

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely brilliant and useful, 31 Mar. 2012
This review is from: Morphy Richards Accents One Cup 43931 Hot Water Dispenser, Black (Kitchen & Home)
Please read my review for the Morphy Richards Accents One Cup in red. I am writing to confirm that I have experienced no taste problems with my one cup. In fact if you browse the Internet you will find a great many 5 Star reviews for this product. It does say in the instructions to boil water 3 times and discard when brand new. Then use. This I did and the water tastes perfect. So dont be put off by negative reviews as I nearly was, and I am so glad I own it as I would not part with it now. Can very highly recommend. Looks really 'Cool' and takes up no space at all. Morphy Richards Accents One Cup 43930 Hot Water Dispenser, Red

5.0 out of 5 stars best one cup, 19 Sept. 2012
This is second of these excellent units. If you need something to make quick cup of coffee tea or other hot drink the this is ideal. Just fill cup or mug with cold water and tip into unit, unit then BOILS exactly that amount and pours it into your cup in 40 0r less seconds. Perfect.
We are OAPs 72+ and would not be without it. Never use a kettle now. Hence bought second unit as spare.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Gadget, 17 July 2012
I also have this Morphy Richards Accents One Cup in red. I'd just like to share a tip how to get red of the 'newness' taste, which did work with my machine. I did whatever the instructions said (boil the water three times before the first use) but still could taste the placticky taste in my tea even after a few days. What I did was I mixed 300 ml water with a teaspoon of Bicarb of Soda (Baking Soda, not Baking Powder), poured it into the water dispenser and switched it on. I then got rid of that hot water mixture and redid the same thing with WATER ONLY (no Baking Soda this time). My tea tasted much much much better and now it is absolutely perfect. I hope this tip would work for you as well!

5.0 out of 5 stars Morphy Richards One Cup is BRILLIANT, 29 Oct. 2012
I Love this M R One Cup, it is so fast,I only use my Kettle now when I have visitors & need to make more than 3 cups, otherwise it is Brilliant, I am so sure it saves electricity as well,(my sister insists she now saves electricity as her bills have gone down & this is the only change she has made, so when ive had mine for a while I will also check my bills.I would recommend this to anyone .

5.0 out of 5 stars worth persevering, 2 Sept. 2012
I asked for this for my birthday, having read the reviews. Dismayed when the strong plastic smell emanated from the box. Did the three times flush through, but still not right. Then realised I hadn't filtered the water, which I usually do. Also saw the hint re sodium bicarbonate (teaspoon in 300ml) as a flush through, followed by 300ml water. Now absolutely fine, so very quick and easy and only boils what I need. Thinking about one for work now....

5.0 out of 5 stars useful, 12 Dec. 2011
bought this for my dad, his hand was shaking badly when pouring a kettle of hot water. this is much safer. water hot enough for tea and coffee in seconds. quick delivery and a very useful item if you have a relative whose a bit infirm..

4.0 out of 5 stars Good product, 18 Nov. 2012
Nice, compact unit. Bought for elderly mother, so needed to be easy to use. Would have been 5 stars, but there is no water level indicator.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best thing sice sliced bread, 21 Jun. 2012
This little machine does exactly what it supposed to do very effectively, I was amazed. how quickly I had a cup of boiling water, and it sits on my worktop beautifully. 10 out of 10

4.0 out of 5 stars good product, 7 Jan. 2013
So handy to only boil enough water for just one cup, and very quick. I am very impressed and have certainly recommended it to friends.

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent machine. Time and water saver. Easy to use., 25 Aug. 2012
Was told about this by a family member and it is amazing. I have trouble with my hands and with lifting and would often spill hot water on my hands when trying to lift a kettle, even when i had a kettle in one of those swings i still spilled it. This however is fantastic. You pour a cup of water in the back, press the button and thirty seconds later the water is pouring into your cup. No lifting kettles, no wasting water as you only boil a cup at a time. Have not burned myself once whilst using this product and would recommend to anyone who has trouble with their hands. Ideal for the disabled, like myself, the elderly or those who want to save water. Would definitely recommend.