5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant useful innovation
Published on 31 Mar 2012 by B. Evans

2.0 out of 5 stars poor quality
leaks like a sieve all over kitchen counter and needs descaling every 4 days. Should have paid a little extra for better quality one
Published 23 months ago by susanna harvey

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant useful innovation, 31 Mar 2012
This review is from: Morphy Richards Accents One Cup 43930 Hot Water Dispenser, Red (Discontinued by Manufacturer) (Kitchen & Home)
The Morphy Richards Accents one cup is wonderful so useful. Just pour your cup of water in top (remember not to fill to the brim if you are going to add milk afterwards) put cup or mug on small drip tray provided putting your tea or coffee etc in the cup and switch on. The water boils in 30 secs and pours itself directly into the cup/mug while you get on with other things. No need to lift a heavy kettle and no need to boil excess water so economical. I think it is one of the best kitchen gadgets around and should win an award for its inventor. Ideal for anywhere in the home,office etc. Ideal also for an elderly person or someone who finds difficulty in lifting heavy kettles. It does the job for you! It also looks really 'Cool' as they say especially in the bright red which I have; but it also comes in black. Can very highly recommend it - Im sure you wont be disappointed as I would not part with mine now.
Update May 2012 using my one cup many times a day. I am over the Moon with it. It is the best thing since sliced bread as they say. I am so worried that in the distant future it may longer be around that I have purchased TWO reserve ones as an insurance as I feel I could not live without it. The tea is the best I have ever tasted and is piping hot always, and it is made while you do something else. I use the tea granules either Tetley or Brooke Bond and these make a perfect cup of tea in my honest opinion. I have even purchased a tea cosy to put over it when not in use It is so so good.
Update 20th July 2012 - My Morphy Richards one cup is still going strong using it many times a day, and love, love, love it. It is the best thing I have bought as love a cup of tea. So much so I have bought yet another one as a reserve as it is getting so much use, and dont know what I would use now if it wasn't there to buy in the future. Items do sometimes get discontinued and then it's too late. I did this with a super Kenwood toaster 5 years ago from Amazon and the original purchase is still going strong but it's nice to know I have a reserve as it's no longer available.

5.0 out of 5 stars In a word, brilliant, 4 May 2012
The best inventions are those that are incredibly simple to use yet do something really useful. This item does just that. Pour your cup of water into the top, put your empty cup under the spout, and 30 seconds later your cup refills with near boiling water. For me, I prefer this to those dispensers that come with tanks, as you are always adding fresh water each time - no need to wash out tanks full of stale water. Also, it is so fast. By the time you have reached for the tea/coffee, sugar and milk, your cup of hot water is ready and waiting. It also gives a cup at the perfect temperature once you add your milk. If like me you are sick of burning your mouth on water straight from a kettle, the water temperature from this dispenser is perfect - nice and hot, but not so hot to burn. It looks good, doesn't take up much space and I am informed, saves on electricity. My kettle is now obsolete and making a cuppa is a whiz. I recommend it.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great product, 26 Sep 2012
Amazon Customer (edinburgh, Scotalnd) - See all my reviews
Good product however does have level indicator so easy to over fill. It will over fill some Disney mugs like Snow White but doesn't fill Sainsbury's stripe mug enough. I fill small jug to 225/230 ml which is about enough. Bit dangerous if you over fill so be careful. The price is right so just be cautious and have a few trial runs and stand away when boiling until you are familiar with product

2.0 out of 5 stars poor quality, 29 Jan 2013

5.0 out of 5 stars Delighted, 18 Jun 2012
I am delighted with this item, there were not many reviews and I had to make a decision very quick as I was going into hospital for surgery on my arm today . I can not use my right arm, as it is now badly damaged after a fall at home ,and as for my left arm, I am struggling now when it comes to handling or lifting a heavy full size kettle filled with water . I was going to buy a travel kettle , but this is a better decision as it is easier to use. I fill it with a Milk Jug , after filling the cup , then testing it is the right amount ,I found I spilled the water on the work surface ,as it is a cup and a jug is easy. It is probably just me, using my left hand is very awkward and I just have not got the hang of doing it even after a few months of having the injury.
This One cup has to be a plus on the bills also .I live on my own an half boil the kettle and leave it, I also have a water meter so am eager to save water too and am delighted to be on the water meter,it makes sense to buy items similar to this if you are gearing up to saving ££ in a recession and keeping bills down on route .

Other buys . I had previously bought a Breville one cup for my office and stopped using this, it had a smell ( coming from the water pump inside ) which I tried everything to get rid of running Bicarb of Soda etc and I could not get rid of so bought this. This Morphy Richards Accents One cup it says that you just descale it ,which is not complicated to keep clean and no smells so far......

Reading the instructions, I give it a run 3 times like it said in the instructions ,and then made a cup of tea, it was thankfully not tasting of any chemicals as previous comments on here are posting.
I never,ever, would write this under any other circumstances , but incase it sells out, I am going to buy another in the Black colour as the price is good . It also looks great on the work top , does not take up much room and I like it so much ,which at first glance It did not appeal to the eye . I just hope other viewers will be equally happy with this purchase as I am . Thank you to the other person who wrote the comments about it not having an over taste of chemicals etc. I was stuck for buying a product in a hurry to maintain my independence , and take up some safety issues which were a worry for me ,at such a difficulty time for me right now , with no short cut way out of even after surgery and Physiotherapy I have been told that I will never have full use of my arm .This item has been an enormous help and it is a very good price too.

3.0 out of 5 stars one cup, 1 Mar 2013
was not very impressed with this product it seem to leave a funny taste to the tea and coffee gone into the cupboard

5.0 out of 5 stars Morphy Richards Hot Water Dispenser, 24 Aug 2012
Marvellous marvellous marvellous. There was once a similar amazing item called a "HotShot" available only in the US, and this is just as great. Highly recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Coffee or tea maker, 24 Aug 2012
W. A. Clayton "will" (UK) - See all my reviews
This is a curiously shaped machine which would not be out of place in a Dr Who film! But it works well and produces a good cup. The thing to remember is to put the required amount of water into the reservoir before switching on-it can be easy to forget. It will only boil what you put into it so it is quick and economical.

3.0 out of 5 stars my Accents one Cup 43930, 28 Jan 2013
I was not pleased with the item as it not only had a toxic smell when turned on you could taste it, I phoned to report the matter and was told to use a kettle descaler which Ive used three times, It's still not 100% and I didn't expect to have to use a descaler on a new item.

4.0 out of 5 stars The BIG little kettle, 9 July 2012
I was looking for a small kettle for my son, who drinks neither tea nor coffee, for his new flat. Essentially the kettle was for my use when visiting. His kitchen has a red theme so this kettle looked the part. Quirky design and just the one cup. The performance is outstanding. Pour the water in, click button and 30 seconds later or less you have your cuppa. That's basically all you want a kettle like this to do and it does it well.
The downsides of this kettle, and I've only knocked the score down by 1 star despite what seem to be many faults, are:
1) It is much bigger than I had anticipated thus negating the "small" kettle concept I was looking for;
2) Pouring the water in from the back (where the fill up tank is) can be awkward dependent upon where you have positioned the kettle and you can tend to spill water whilst doing it until you have mastered the art;
3) The drip tray "slips" into position at the front rather than "locks" in so be careful to have it in position properly;
4) You do need to heat water through it many more times than that suggested to eliminate the plastic taste there is when new. I id it about 20 times to begin with and there was still a funny taste to my tea for the first couple of days. It does take some time to get rid of it.
However, having said all that, it is an unusual design that attracts attention. You do get over the spills and bad taste and at the end have a pretty speedy cuppa. Highly recommended for those only requiring one cup at a time. My daughter and I had a brew together so although you have to fill and boil it twice, that was no problem. I think making cups of tea/coffee for more than two, this is not for you.