Top critical review
One person found this helpful
Good, but the next installment (WWE '13) will need some tweaks to improve.
on 6 August 2012
- Improved Graphics.
- More 'Create' options than you can shake a stick at.
- An actual story-mode, with a plot, real Wrestler voices, and in-game rewards. (See corresponding Con.)
- Great fun to play, especially with a group of friends - particularly doing Royal Rumble matches.
- Good selection of match-types.
- The reversal system is frustrating to no end. Once a player gets the upper hand, it is almost impossible to break their control.
- Too much Downloadable Content...the game costs enough with out having to pay for extras.
- Other than the same old names (Kane, Undertaker, John Cena) the roster is lacking some of the WWE's greatest talent. Also, the roster appears to be slightly smaller than in previous games.
- Returning to the Story-Mode - Some of the backstage fights have been engineered terribly, making movement frustrating. Also, the Story-Mode is the main way of unlocking other Wrestlers (fair enough), but the balance is way off...basically, you unlock 90% of the Wrestlers at the very end of the (quite long) Story-Mode, and once you have completed the Story-Mode you might not want to play the game anymore, so the unlockables go unused.
- The game is quite hard. Triple Threat and Fatal Four-way matches take forever.