on 23 September 2012
Got about a series and a half through this when it was out but thought I would revisit it when i saw it on Amazon for just £48!! Now back up to almost £100, glad I purchased and now enjoying at least a couple of episodes a night! Great series and the first season is just brilliant!
on 29 March 2013
A really amazing series which follows the exploits of many characters but mainly Michael Schofield and his brother Lincoln Burrows who starts off in prison awaiting the death sentence for killing the vice-presidents brother. Throughout the story the brothers have to place their trust in many convicts to help them to escape the prison to stop lincolns death sentence, they must forge many bonds and intricately weave their way out of the prison whilst simultaneously on the outside they have someone trying to uncover the truth of what really happened and was lincoln framed??

The story doesnt stop there however, should they manage to make it out alive they then have to avoid getting sent back to prison or worse!

A series with many twists and surprises which is one of the best series to have been on telly and i would certainly recommend buying it and watching the whole lot :)
Prison Break is one of my favorite tv programmes. It's unapologetically macho and a real breath of fresh air in this politically paranoid society we live in. The plot gets a little silly at times, but that just adds to the charm of the programme (to me) and I don't think it would work so well if it took itself too seriously.

It follows genius engineer Michael Schofield, who gets himself put into the prison he designed so that he can free his older brother (Lincoln, who is on death row for killing the vice president's brother). Michael has the blueprints for the prison tattooed all over his body, but his planning can only take him so far and before long he has been forced to enlist the help of a motley crew of degenerate misfits (all wanting in on the escape plan). A mafia boss, a killer and rapist, an old school train robber, a former soldier who turned to crime after Iraq and Michael's Mexican cell-mate form the main "crew" and there are quite a few great secondary characters (notably Stacey Keach (yes, "Mike Hammer" himself, for those who can remember it!) as the Prison's Warden). On the outside, Lincoln's lawyer and son are pursued by the secret service, as they follow the trail that Lincoln was framed by the government for the murder.

It may sound daft, and it's true it is a bit daft, but it really works well just as a good old fashioned action thriller. It's exciting, nailbiting, humorous and also surprisingly touching at times (though there's no melodramatics or sentimentality). The characters are all great and you really get caught up in their capers! If there is a downside, it's probably that the second 2 seasons do get a bit too far-fetched at times, but despite that I still enjoyed them as much. I doubt it won many awards, but it does win my award for being least poncy show I've seen in donkeys years.
on 17 September 2012
What lengths would you go to, to help out family? For Michael Schofield it means holding up a bank and thereby putting himself in Prison all so he can break his brother out before he ends up swinging from the end of a rope ( I'm being dramatic....it's actually a lethal injection). This sounds like a seriously crazy proposition dreamed up a screenwriter high on Coke and without some extra-ordinarily good acting the series could have ended up being really really awful....
But it isn't. Instead you get a set of series full of twists and turns, good and evil, more redemption than 'A Tale of Two Cities' and more 'back-from the Dead' storylines than 'The Autobiography of Lazarus'. What secures it's brilliance however is the acting- especially that of the central protagonists and brothers who you desperately, desperately want to succeed.

In my humble opinion the first two series are stand-outs and perhaps two of the best of any series I have ever seen anywhere; so much so that part of me wishes that they had ended the programme there with the brothers disappearing off into the sunset.....
Season 3 is still good, as is season four, but I just didnt love the ending. (others did.)
on 13 January 2016
Well what can i say iv watched this through about 4 times now possibly 5 it is one i watch through once a year and is still as good as the first time, i think everyone knows the story and if not a lot of people have wrote reviews explaining the plot so i won't bore you with it what i will say is if you haven't yet watched it then this is a must the story is great the acting is excellent from all the cast every episode is exciting and has you aching for more, 4 excellent explosive action packed seasons and very unpredictable there are parts where you are just left speechless, Wentworth Miller, Dominic Purcell, Robert Knepper, Sarah Wayne Callies, William Fichtner, Amaury Nolasko and Marshall Allman all play there parts very well. I heard about there being a Prison Break sequel and thought no way but looked it up and looks like it's going ahead not reeally sure what to make of that idea or what they can even do to further the story i think it will be a genius idea or a disastrous idea, i sure hope it works. Anyways 10/10 for Prison Break, highly recommend.
on 20 July 2014
This has got to be the best TV show I have ever watched everything about it was amazing and exciting from the storyline to the prison plot, this show has amazing actors like wentworth miller and Dominic percell who deserved an oscar for their performance. The person behind this show is truly gifted the way these inmates break out of the prison it is so smart and clever and each episode keeps you hooked you just want to see what is going to happen next this makes you want to keep watching plus each episode ends with an amazing cliffhanger. The show basically starts out with Michael schofield played by wentworth miller who gets himself put in jail to break out his brother Lincoln burrows played by Dominic Purcell who is an innocent man and who had been put on death row for a crime he did not commit which was killing the Vice Presidents brother but along the way they make new friends in the prison and some enimies like the baddie t-bag who you love to hate, when they do escape they are on the run for quite some time and the whole season it just fantastic there is not one dull season out of the 4 and I wish they had made more because now that's I've watched it all I don't know what do do next the ending was amazing and lived up to expectations plus it did not let the series down, I cannot recommend this highly enough anyone who loves a good drama watch this you will not regret it it's FAB!!!
on 10 November 2014
I just loved this series when it came out but my daughter was very young and in bed when it was broadcast. I decided to treat myself and buy the box set earlier this year and casually told my daughter that I thought she would enjoy it herself now she is older. We ended up watching it together, she was completely hooked from the first episode. It's the first thing we've watched together for ages (our tastes in viewing are usually miles apart) - but we watched this almost every night for about 4 weeks and cried together at the end. Because she hadn't ever really talked about the storyline with anyone, she was stunned at the end. I remember feeling the same the first time I saw it yet, knowing how it ends took nothing from the whole viewing experience. Apart from 24 - It's the only box set I own and I know that I will watch this over and over again. It's great to have something that has a Start, a Middle and an End. No loose ends and no adverts.
on 9 May 2013
I heard so much about this but i thought nah not my thing well i got my kindle and was watching it on lovefilm.com i couldnt leave my boyfriend brought it for me for an early birthday pressent and omg, its a fantastic series and the ending is one that you wish was'nt but at a fantastic ending and they finished it when it was still brilliant instead off killing it by putting another series after another like many tv shows do, they knew when too stop and its made you want more, even though they cant, its very on par in my eyes as Alias, i never thought something other than Alias could leave me screaching and goading my fav characters on it shocks you i think its a good job i never watched it on tv the suspence in itself would have killed me lol, i watched all 4 seasons in 4 weeks lol, a must buy for any fan of government conspiracys, shock, horror, love, thrill seekers and needing a fantastic ending to that you dont like but do :D
on 13 May 2014
Lincoln Burrows is on death row for the murder of the vice president's brother. He insists he's innocent and only his brother Michael Scofield believes him. As an engineer who helped design the prison where Lincoln is being held, Michael takes drastic measures to help his brother. He gets himself arrested and sent to the same prison so that with his knowledge of the building the two of them can escape together. However, while inside, Michael discovers a massive conspiracy that is determined to see Lincoln's sentence carried out. Breaking out will be more difficult than he thought, but he's still going to try.

Well directed, good acting, good cast,good strong performances from the main leads. intresting concept, keeps you watching throughout the series to the very last, addictive from start to finish. Enjoy!

Overall a good series, would recommend this to anyone and at great value for money.
on 26 April 2013
Yeah, best show EVER. I don't make that claim lightly.

I'm an avid watcher of many great shows, including The Office, Friends, LOST, Malcolm in the middle... Lots of stuff.
This is really the greatest thing I've ever had the pleasure to watch.
Character development is the best I've ever seen - You'll find yourself praying that a character has a terrible fate, and then the show somehow makes you like them.

I've been watching this through Netflix and watched the finale (Not the film, 'The Final Break') today.
I found myself welling up at the closing scenes.
I've become very attached to this very real characters and will be forever searching for something that comes even close to the quality of this.

There is so much plot, it's not just about escaping a prison.

Now... I best go watch The Final Break right this very second!