5.0 out of 5 stars 4th Book - 5Star
Published on 12 Sep 2011 by Rob Smith

3.0 out of 5 stars The Eternal War ( Book 4)
Published 8 months ago by john

5.0 out of 5 stars 4th Book - 5Star, 12 Sep 2011
Another excellent book by Alex Scarrow. Really good teen fiction can be read by all ages just take Mr Potter as an example. Now in their 4th adventure the time travelling trio find themselves in the company of Abe Lincon. It was one of those plots that after I had finished reading it I really did wonder if one man could make such a difference. If you have read the 1st three, get this one with confidence. If you haven't read the earlier book I would suggest reading those before this one as there are a few sub plots that appear in earlier book. Roll on book 5!! Out in Feb '12 I think!

5.0 out of 5 stars Truly Excellent, 15 July 2011
Parm (A bookshop near you) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
TimeRiders Book4, a series that grows and improves with every book, and that's not a simple compliment to the author because book one was a 5 star excellent read.
This is a fun series for any age, i'm 40 and i love them, I have bought all of them for myself, my 21 year old son, my 15 year old nephew, 12 year old niece, various cousins and my friends kids and they all love them.

Book 4 is a return to the brilliantly written characters that Alex Scarrow is so well known for and his greatest talent, the last book has been awarded the Red House Children's (older readers) book of the year 2011 for writing those amazingly real and likeable characters.

The story as usual roars along at a frenetic pace, so fast in fact that you will struggle not to devour the book in one sitting
As usual we get a further peek at the overall series back story that gathers pace as the series progresses, as story within a story, and at the end we are left to wonder where this writers imagination can take us next. This is a Book and series that has more awards in it and a writer that has further brilliance to put onto paper.

For those who have not, I suggest you go read his other thrillers, A thousand Suns, Last Light, Afterlight and October Skies all also brilliant stories.

Highly recommended.
(Parm)

5.0 out of 5 stars Time Riders book 4, 1 Oct 2011
Anthony (Enfield near London) - See all my reviews
I found this latest book in the series to be a fantastic read. I have been hooked on all of the books in the Time Riders series and I am 57 years old and I believe they are written for the teenage market.
If you love time travel this is a series for you and this book 4 is amazing.
Well done Alex I can't wait for the next ones.
Tony from London

5.0 out of 5 stars Time riders "The Eternal War", 11 Sep 2011
Alex has done it again, he takes a piece of history and wraps a story around it. His writing and attention to detail keep you on the edge of your seat. you even get to thinking Bob & Becks are real people. If you think time travel is high Tech! Think again. It's about a group of people trying to protect our world as we know it. The stories are so absorbing you can actually see what's happening.The whole series is a "What If" moment

5.0 out of 5 stars Another Rollicking Adventure in this Clever Time Travel Saga, 21 July 2011
This fourth installment continues this remarkably clever and exciting time travelling saga with yet another fast paced rollicking adventure featuring our very likeable young heroes.

Each book features a fascinating time in history which encouraged me to find out more about historical figures and events. The first book featured World War 2. The second book went a tad further back...into the Jurassic period! The third book ventured to 12th century England and finally, this latest installment takes us to...the present, well sort of, a changed present in which the American Civil War never ended.

By now our young heroes have matured given the horrors and adventure they have been through in the past 3 books. So too have the human androids who remind me of Arnold's T2 character even down to the relationships with the youngsters. Yes, there are nods to many elements in other classic films and books but I have no complaints when they are cooked into a most deliciously inventive feast as this.

One highlight about these stories are the author's interpretations of popular historical figures of the past which whilst can be true, gives a nice twist to their characters' true motives. This is no exception where the character of Abraham Lincoln features prominently in this story and is quite a delight to read.

Another highlight is the inventive vision of how technology would evolve in a different timeline. Very imaginative and believable in how certain areas of technology accelerated further than what we have today whereas other areas had not progressed since the 18th century.

If I do have a gripe, it would be that the sense of urgency pattern has become a little repetitive. Having said that, the predicaments our protaganists find themselves in are highly imaginative and are still a rapid page turner.

There is a bigger and very intriguing story arc to the series. I am slightly dissapointed that only a few pages were devoted to this arc but then perhaps that would be too revealing. Then again, the whole first chapter was devoted to it, so perhaps I may be too greedy! The series will be 9 books in total so this arc has a lot of books to span out in. The author has already finished the first draft of number 5. So at this rate we should have book 9 within 3-4 years as the author is quite prolific so far. He has the ending planned out from the beginning so is not making it up as he goes along which is re-assuring. In fact he dedicated this book to 3 people who are the only other people to know how it all ends.

Although these books are marketed towards Young Adults fiction, they read almost like a Michael Crichton novel and they dont even shy away from blood and gore either, so a warning to you if you are quesy about reading that sort of thing.

Now I need go read up a bit more on what this American Civil War was all about :)

5.0 out of 5 stars great!, 14 July 2014
Bought it for my son who says it is as good as the rest of the series, which he loves.

5.0 out of 5 stars A fantastic series, 11 Jun 2014
A very well written book bought for my 16 year old daughter which she has thoroughly enjoyed reading. Fantastic buy.

3.0 out of 5 stars The Eternal War ( Book 4), 14 April 2014
This review is from: TimeRiders: The Eternal War (Book 4): The Eternal War (Book 4) (Kindle Edition)
I have read the series up to this point and enjoyed the plots . This particular one I just could not get into somehow. Maybe a bit of a mix match. Did not feel the need to find what happened next and was relieved when it ended. I suppose it happens some times when reading a series. I will still buy the rest in the series, I am sure they will be enjoyable reading and very entertaining as were others I have read.

2.0 out of 5 stars Boring, 24 Mar 2014
Some of the chapters were exciting but most of them were repeating the something over and over again so it's a 2 star rating in my opinion

5.0 out of 5 stars books, 6 Mar 2014
read this book and was pleased to find that it was as good as the rest, Well sorted thank you