5.0 out of 5 stars AWESOME
I'm 10 years old and I got a kindle fire for Christmas. This was the first book I got and It is the best book I have. I had wanted it for ages and It was like ten euro. I was so surprised how cheap this was I loved every second of it. I just started gymnastics and the tips in the book were great for the gymnastics! I can now do the perfect handstand!This book is sweet and...
Published 10 months ago by Laura Jenkins

3.0 out of 5 stars Quite funny - do not take too seriously!
Quite funny and quirky and not to be taken too seriously this book is for younger girls as something light to read. Full of mostly fun things to do and step by step instructions of how to do them.

Only bad point about it: my 9 year old's first reaction to the book "its a bit sexist isn't it? boys can read too"
Published on 4 Sep 2007 by L. Jones

4.0 out of 5 stars Bits of Valuable Advice That I Used in a Too Brief Format on Many Subjects, 17 Jan 2008
(HALL OF FAME REVIEWER)    (TOP 500 REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)
I read this book before going on a trip with my daughter. While we were away, she struggled with su doku puzzles and I was able to use the section in this book to help her. Later in the trip, I stepped in something that made my running shoes smell like I had had a run in with a skunk. Upon returning home, I began applying the remedies in this book and my shoes smell better than when I left home. Thank you, Ms. Foster!

I also liked the sections on making a friendship bracelet (an essential skill for our daughters), preparing a bird feeder, winning a staring contest, pressing flowers (another essential girl activity in our family), grooming a horse (a much contemplated, but never done, activity at our house), making a fake mess, walking the dog with a yo-yo (very difficult for our daughters), drawing with wet chalk, sand castle building, eating with chopsticks (hard for our daughters), making a French braid (often done here), finding the North Star, growing a crystal, making bread, finding your blind spot, and performing ballet.

I didn't like the goofy sections. I'm not sure the humor would have worked with our daughters. This is humor for very adventuresome girls which our daughters weren't.

Some of the sections were well-intentioned but didn't provide enough detail such as how to whistle loud. Illustrations of that section would have helped a lot.

Other sections just didn't get there such as how to study for exams. It's the kind of advice you would give someone trying to memorize spelling words rather than study for something more rigorous. The section on surviving in the desert doesn't mention taking extra salt before going into the desert.

I thought the section on keeping a secret diary was diabolically too clever. My wife wouldn't have been able to read our daughter's writing if they had read that section. My wife would have been a basket case.

Both of our daughters were into design, color, and beautiful images. This book looks like a 1935 version on this subject and wouldn't have appealed to them.

I'm glad such a book was published, however, because mastering these tasks can bring a lot of joy to a girl (or to a boy playing with a girl).

4.0 out of 5 stars A good laugh!, 30 Aug 2007
Sophie D "STD" (Edinburgh, Scotland) - See all my reviews
I found this book to be a funny but not all the topics are usful and some ike "How to cope when Zombies attack" i found pointless and completely useless. Though i would say this book a perfect for birthday/christmas preasant for someone from the ages of 8-15!

STD

4.0 out of 5 stars funny, 25 Sep 2014
This review is from: The Girls' Book: How to be the Best at Everything (Kindle Edition)
An insightful read into a woman's lifestyle, after reading this you will certainly have a giggles, and maybe you will have a better insight on how the female mind works.

5.0 out of 5 stars The bk, 7 Sep 2014
Was a great book and would recommend it to girls, but do I really need to know how to survive an alien invasion?! It does have some pretty cool stuff though!

5.0 out of 5 stars #10yrs & love it!!!!!!, 18 Oct 2014
Words To Describe: awsome!
Im ten years old and I absaloutly adore this book. Usful tips and defenetly work. Highly recomended.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Girls Book: How to B the Best at Everything, 4 Aug 2009
The Girls' Book: How to Be the Best at Everything

My daughter loves this book. Great to dip into on a long car drive. All sorts of things in there from shadow puppets to persuading parents to get you a pet!

5.0 out of 5 stars AMAZING!!!!!!!, 30 Aug 2014
this is is a great book that I really enjoyed and I can't wait to read the second book. It was just amazing.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good, 20 Oct 2014
I like the book it's not what I was thinking about butt yhe wow it's amazing how can enemy. one not by it

2.0 out of 5 stars not the best read, 26 Sep 2014
A bit useless and also pointless - was hoping for useful tips and ideas but was in fact bored rigid

5.0 out of 5 stars A Good Buy, 22 Oct 2014
My Neice loved this book,mainly because her brothers got the boy version of it..........