4.0 out of 5 stars Not as bad as everyone says really
I bought the box about Dec last year and quite honestly just finished watching it now - May. I kept watching occasionally an ep, having been kinda put of by what I had read in previous reviews. I have to say I am a hugh Jack/Ianto fan and when Ianto died with S3 that was another reason for me to take forever to actually watch Season 4. I didn't have high expectations to...
Published 14 months ago by U. K.

3.0 out of 5 stars Not So Much Of A Miracle
Let me start off by saying I love Torchwood. It has always been brilliant and it got better with every series (Series 2 is my personal favourite though). The americanisation of this fourth series has seen its fair share of ups and downs. There were many things to enjoy in this series, but the problem is it was let down by a very slow moving story which was all the time...
Published on 15 Sep 2011 by JustAnotherTimeLord

‹ Previous | 1 2 318 | Next ›

2.0 out of 5 stars "Let's make Series 1-3 pointless" by Russell T Davies, 20 Nov 2011
Russell T Davies confirmed in an interview that a prospect of Series 5 is bleak. Firstly I thought Miracle Day was average with some near masterful stories but upon hearing this the whole series is pointless. The fact that this Series may be the last I blew my temper. It is literally a 3 hour story expanded into 10 pointless hours were nothing is developed, characters are stock and acting is uninspired (with the exception of Barrowman, Myles and Owen).

I usually don't complain about some characters being underplayed or pushed to the side when others characters are being developed, but a series almost full of boring and dull characters who I wanted them to die or did not care about them is well to put it simply just painful to watch. Captain Jack was the main focus of the story arc but he was underplayed most of the series, with the exception of one story which was the only story with hope for this dying Series (An Immortal Sins) where Jack's history was under focus minus some plot holish issues which is a common occurrence for Miracle Day with its parent show's continuity.

Most of the character development is contradictory, there is no sense of scale in terms of the grand scheme of things and how it will fit together in the end because of equally contradictory villains who the writers are not going to answer what their motive is? Or who are they're working for? The series is solved with a somewhat unbelievable cop out which does not make sense as the character arcs are not fulfilled and totally ruins what was set up in Doctor Who a few series finales ago.

Well amongst all those negatives, there are some positives. Good acting by Barrowman et al (previous cast), high production values and CGI. I'd only wished that John Barrowman wasn't busy with this utterly rubbish project so that he could have appeared in something a hundred times better in A Good Man Goes To War in Doctor Who alongside Smith. Oh well, maybe next Series...

3.0 out of 5 stars The bland leading the bland, 26 Aug 2011
Bland, souless, formulaic pap - sorry Torchwood I really did love you but you've changed too much. 'Why all the haters?' asks Mr Richards. Well sir, because RTD has drained the soul from a once brilliant series and left a hollow, vacuous piece of television by numbers in its place. I admit to writing this after watching the first seven of ten episodes, however that's more than most of these reviews! I have stuck with it for nearly two months, hoping that it will suddenly spark into life, unfortunately it has just become more and more 'soapy': an entire episode devoted to Jack's casual fling with an Italian immigrant? Gwen doing nothing but prattling on about her bleddy baby and her bleddy mother and her bleeddddy father for hours on end? The two US agents doing pretty much nothing, and STILL no sign of any real alien threat!
Come back Ianto, Tosh Owen, The Hub, Weevils...all is forgiven.

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing, not as good as expected!, 5 Dec 2011
This review is from: Torchwood - Miracle Day (Series 4) [DVD] (DVD)
I loved Torchwood seasons 1 and 2. I found Torchwood 3 well made, but extremely depressing, especially the ending. But Torchwood 4, well, the storyline was weak and the acting even weaker. I was wondering how Torchwood would be with only 2 main characters left and well it is not very convincing. The other characters added so much to the series. The new characters are not that interesting. I also thought who cares about the family lives of these characters, it seemed to me more like Eastenders than an action Scifi. And I know Jack is gay, but do we really need these love scenes?! A Scifi should be action and adventure! Compared with the first two Torchwood seasons this one is really weak and I will probably not buy season 5 (if there is one)!

3.0 out of 5 stars It was okay, 5 July 2012
This review is from: Torchwood - Miracle Day (Series 4) [DVD] (DVD)
I love Torchwood so if this was any other TV series it would have been way below average. The plot never seemed to go anywhere, if it was condensed to a 2 part of a normal torchwood series it would have been way better. There where all these's new characters which had no character development done and there was no alien or interesting enemy. Beside's Ianto's dead and the hub was destroyed so it was never going to be great. The only good episode in the series was Immortal Sins.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it, 18 Jun 2014
Absolutely loved this torchwood.. Don't care wait anyone's says as log as gwen and jack are in this it's brilliant !! Do have to admit I'm not happy with it being americanised considering us British made it what it is today but hey ho !!

5.0 out of 5 stars DVD, 14 Jun 2014
This review is from: Torchwood - Miracle Day (Series 4) [DVD] (DVD)
I was happy with this item. Purchase price was good and arrived in good time.
The family and I have enjoy this series.

5.0 out of 5 stars A***********, 9 Jun 2014
This review is from: Torchwood - Miracle Day (Series 4) [DVD] (DVD)
I got really fast service, it was very cheap, really happy with this sale will happily use again and definitely recommend.

3.0 out of 5 stars Was good but must admit that the American influence has spoilt it! Also it seemed to drag on!, 25 May 2014
This review is from: Torchwood - Miracle Day (Series 4) [DVD] (DVD)
Did not think this series was as good as the others! I had been watching torchwood religiously but when watching this one it became quickly boring and dragged on! There was never a new spark each episode to keep us gripped! We were all falling asleep!

5.0 out of 5 stars Eve Myles, 21 April 2014
This review is from: Torchwood - Miracle Day (Series 4) [DVD] (DVD)
Amazing series, completed my collections world recommend to all Syfi lovers and Dr Who fans. The writers worked hard and created a diamond

3.0 out of 5 stars Not the best in the series, 13 April 2014
DibDab (Cambridge, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Torchwood - Miracle Day (Series 4) [DVD] (DVD)
We've just had a Torchwood marathon, which reinforced why we bought the first two series soon after broadcasting. Unfortunately, this, the fourth, seemed to lose its way a bit and could have done with editing. Still, good to be able to see it in a couple of sittings, rather than over the original 10 weeks.

‹ Previous | 1 2 318 | Next ›